“Good room for the price”

Red Carpet Inn Hot Springs
Ranked #37 of 45 Hotels in Hot Springs
“Good room for the price”
Reviewed 28 June 2013

Pros: reasonable rates, clean rooms, air conditioner was cold, pool was clean, balcony for each room, ice/vending/laundry machines, quiet, next door to Magic Springs, wifi

Cons: not in town (about 7 minutes from downtown), pool has concrete bottom and we all have raw feet and skinned knees, no microwave in room, tv is small, outdated decor

Overall, I would stay here again if the rates remained the same.

• Stayed June 2013
1 Thank MonLHG

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Memphis, Tennessee
Reviewed 2 May 2013

I stayed in Hot Springs for several days and was very pleased with Knights Inn. We arrived about an hour before check in but that was no problem, the room was ready for us. The employees were polite and helpful with Inn questions as well as directions and information about the area. My room was clean and spacious with a balcony overlooking the pool. The room had its own temperature control system and I am cold natured so I loved that.The area was quiet an peaceful so the balcony was a plus. I will definitely stay here again on my next visit to Hot Springs

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
Euless, Texas, United States
Reviewed 17 March 2013

The room was bigger than I expected, which was nice. It was clean and didn't have a musty smell. The jacuzzi was excellent. When we arrived the room wasn't ready, but within 15 minutes, it was. Every employee we talked to was very nice and courteous.
Cons:
Same breakfast every day. The TV was staticy on some channels. The jacuzzi had one supet jet not working. The room could us a vanity in the bathroom.
Overall, I would definately stay there again.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Donna T
Fort Worth, Texas
Reviewed 24 February 2013

I stayed there several days while i was in town for a family visit. This is the second time that i have stayed at the Knights Inn and really enjoyed my stay. The help employees were very helpful both at the front desk and the maid and maintanence staff. The rook was cleaned every day and when i did have a problem with a broken shower head i let the maintanence man know and it was fixed within a half an hour. The hotel was nice and quiet both day and night and was glad to find out that they have video cameras watching the grounds at all times. Any time that i come back to Hot Srings I will be sure to stay at the Knights Inn and will tell all of my friends about it.

Room Tip: Rooms on the back of the side are very quiet and away from traffic
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank james j
Bossier City, Louisiana
Reviewed 20 February 2013

My husband and I recently planned a stay at this hotel as part of a mini vacation in celebration of our anniversary. We chose this hotel because it was within our price range, and close to many things that we thought would be fun to do during our visit. We arrived at the hotel later in the evening, and were pleased with the courteous staff and easy check in process.

Once in our room, however, we were wishing we had spent a little more to stay somewhere else. The room was extremely cold, and the heater didn't warm it up for many hours, making it a miserably cold night for sleeping. Once the room was heated, it was comfortable, making our second night much more pleasant. Aside from the heating issue, I was pretty disappointed in the amenities in the room. The website claims that the rooms have a coffee/tea maker, and an iron and ironing board, but our room had none of these items. The coffee maker was the only thing I really would have liked to have had, since it was very cold during our stay, and we did not like having to walk to the lobby every time we wanted some coffee. Also, the mattress was very worn, and sagged in the middle, making for a very uncomfortable stay.

Our first morning, we ventured down to the lobby to see about the continental breakfast. I have seen better selections, but for the price of our stay, I felt they did a good job with the breakfast.

Probably the most alarming part of our stay, was our discovery of bedbugs the morning of check out. We were sitting on the bed eating breakfast, when all of a sudden, I noticed a bug I didn't recognize, crawling on the sheets. I had never seen bedbugs before, but that is the first thing that came to my mind. After Googling images of bedbugs, I was able to confirm my findings. My husband and I tore apart the bed and found several more (1 adult and several in the earlier stages of their life cycle), before taking them to the front office to warn them of the problem. We were told that no management comes in on Sunday, so it would be reported to them when they came in Monday morning. Having no idea on what precautions to take, we asked what we should do in order to avoid an infestation in our own home. The lady at the desk gladly offered me a plastic bag to put my things in. However, I refused the offer since I had a dog with me, and had also been in my car a lot as we spent the two days site seeing. I thought it pointless to put my belongings in a bag when my car was likely to have bugs, as well as my dog and her bed and blankets. All she could say about my concern of infestation of my car and home, was "I don't know what to say, I've never dealt with this before". I was told management would give me a call to address my concern, but they never did. I felt they should have at least offered to comp one of our nights for the inconvenience, but no such luck. Fortunately for us, we have an exterminator who is glad to help us out, even on his day off (unlike the hotel management). He told us how to handle the situation (by bathing ourselves and our dog immediately and leaving everything in our garage), and came by the very next day to fumigate. We are hoping there won't be an infestation in our house since we did find the bugs before we left the hotel, allowing us to fix the problem before it happened. I fear someone else could potentially stay here without noticing the bugs, and consequently have an infestation in their own home.

This hotel is located close to many things to do in the area, so we were pleased with the ease of getting around. However, we will spend the extra $100 a night next time, and stay somewhere cleaner. We will NEVER visit this hotel again!!!

• Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Brandie K

Travellers are raving about these Hot Springs hotels

San Diego, California
Reviewed 20 November 2012

We recently spent three nights at this motel during our trip to Hot Springs, AR. We chose this motel mainly because it was economic and was not too far from the Hot Springs National Park. The motel was not new, but was well maintained and fairly clean. The room was spacious. There was free breakfast. The selection was limited, and was better on the weekends than that on weekdays. The motel was quiet, probably because it was off season. Our overall experience at this motel was pleasant, and we would recommend it to anyone who is looking for an econmic place to stay in the area.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple
Mountain Home, Arkansas
Reviewed 2 November 2012

We (myself, husband, two teens) stayed here for one night while dropping our son off at a nearby camp. The staff members were very pleasant- we checked in to find housekeeping wasn't finished with our room, but that was no problem, we ran around for a bit and had an early dinner.

Upon arrival back to our room, there were multiple families "camping" outside of their rooms- cooking meat on little hibachi stoves, etc. The hotel is close to a water park, and is a very economical hotel, so I get it... it's cheaper to just cook for a large family, etc. But the following morning there were chicken wings and paper plates, etc all of the outdoor staircase and sidewalks. Not necessarily a ding against the hotel- but more the type of people who stay there since it is so affordable.

The room was very spacious- vaulted ceilings, dated, but clean. There was a balcony overlooking a grassy area and the pool off to the side. It is nice having a private outdoor space.

That night, the pool was too crowded for my kids to want to go- but it looked okay. The crowd there was pretty rowdy, but we only saw and heard this from the balcony, so that was fine.

The next morning we woke up to go see about breakfast. The choices seemed very slim, and it was very crowded- the kids and I opted to drive a little ways to McDonald's instead (and we really aren't that picky). They could do a bit better on the breakfast.
In their breakfast area they had a pool or ping-pong table, so that would have been fun for the kids if we had seen it previously. There are not any attractions nearby besides the water park. So you won't be able to walk anywhere to see the sites of Hot Springs.

Overall- you get what you pay for. We chose to stay here because it was economical while taking a teen to an expensive camp- lol! BUT we ultimately opted to stay elsewhere when we picked him up because of the other guests.

Room Tip: The 2nd floor on the back wing of the hotel is quiet and spacious while you are in your room.
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled with family