“Great service and location”

The Springs Hotel & Spa
Ranked #35 of 45 Hotels in Hot Springs
Reviewed 21 July 2013

The location of the hotel is great. You can walk to the bathhouses and many tourist/ shopping attractions. We only had to drive once while there. The staff is very helpful on recommendations of where to go and the Spa staff wonderful. I overheated while in the thermal baths and they were very concerned and attentive making sure I got cooled down. The massage is excellent and was the best package for the money we could find. The rooms are a little high especially for being older and not including breakfast. I would suggest the downtown view unless you literally want to stare at a rock. Parking lot is well lit which was nice with it being slightly isolated but it is one of the few free Parking downtown places. My biggest complaint would be that it's noisy. I could hear all the street noise even with the balcony door closed which made it hard to sleep.

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank invisibleash

Reviewed 11 July 2013

Downtown Hot Springs is a blast from the past. The Hotel has a beautifully remodeled lobby that is a nice gathering spot. There is free parking at the back of the hotel. The rooms are old but clean. Definitely an old style bathroom. We decided to enjoy the "old school" feel of the place and not get crazy about it. We went to the baths in the hotel. Wear a swimsuit or nothing--hot tub, sauna, hot towel wrap, then 15 minute massage. A New experience you should try! Bring tip money for bath attendant and masseuse. Rest of spa is underwhelming. Our baths were included in our price. We ate at the colonial restaurant a few doors away as there is no breakfast at the hotel. It is very good! The line forms around 8:30 on a Saturday. There is a coffee maker in the room. We bought breakfast food for our last morning. We ate at the Porterhouse for steaks and Angels for pasta. Both were excellent and we could walk to and from each one safely. More than 2 people you should have a reservation. We had a drink one night on the porch of the Arlington. It was busy! The bathrooms were horrible. Be sure to walk the promenade above the baths and pretend you are from the 1930's enjoying the plush Hot Springs Experience.

Room Tip: Choose the Mountain side. You have a balcony and better chance of less street noise. Higher the be...
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank HoustonTrav
Reviewed 11 July 2013

My husband and I stayed at this hotel because of the proximity to bath house row and other sights. The room was 'tired and worn out'. The entire structure (balcony included) needs attention. When I asked to have a hair dryer delivered to the room (that's right - no hair dryers), they told me they don't deliver, I would have to go to the front desk for it. DISAPPOINTED. If not for the location, I would never stay there again.

Room Tip: Our room was on the 8th floor - at least the view from the room was acceptable!
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 July 2013

I would like to thank everyone at The Springs Hotel & Spa. the staff was very friendly & helpful (were really going to miss Mr. Jim at the front desk, he was a doll) My son & I had a very enjoyable stay. (7/3/13 ~7/6/13) We loved our room on the Mtn. side & the rooms were very clean! We look forward to another visit:o)

Room Tip: I would recommend getting a room on the Mountain side, less noise & GREAT sun rise:o)
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 6 July 2013

We checked in this evening(3 rooms), if I could get my money back I would go stay elsewhere. The rooms and halls are in poor condition. One of the lamps in one of the rooms didn't work because there is no wall outlet. Really??? I could not charge people price they charged for these rooms.
So disappointed in the beginning of our family vacation weekend!!!

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank JuJuTS
Reviewed 16 June 2013 via mobile

My husband and I went for a weekend getaway to this hotel and spa. The rooms could use a little updating but overall it was nice. The spa and couples massage was amazing! ! The staff was Friendly and helpful and worked hard at helping us relax

• Stayed: May 2013
1  Thank jslbkc9578
virginiawilliams, Manager at The Springs Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 26 June 2013

We're glad you enjoyed our Spa 135 and look forward to you staying with us again in the near future.

Reviewed 28 May 2013

We stayed at the historical hotel next store and were very disappointed - cracks in the walls, bathrooms tight and old. So decided to change to The Spring Hotel and Spa for the last night. The staff were very friendly, rooms have been updated and are very clean and the location couldn't be better. If you stay in the rooms facing the park you will also have a wonderful view.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank R P

Thank you for your kind review. Our employees are very friendly and try to make sure all our guests are made welcome and arre comfortable.