“Not as bad as we were expecting”

The Springs Hotel & Spa
Ranked #35 of 45 Hotels in Hot Springs
Benton, Louisiana
“Not as bad as we were expecting”
Reviewed 28 July 2013

I booked our room prior to reading reviews, which I rarely ever do. So I was terrified based on what I had read. It really wasn't that bad. It was clean, and the bed was decent. We only spent one night, and didn't spend much time at the hotel. I would probably stay there again, just because it was a good price, but I'd prefer to stay at the Arlington. We had a nice time at the spa.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (86)
Mabank, Texas
Reviewed 25 July 2013

The Location is great so are the balconies. Yes, this is an "older" hotel that needs some updating. If you prefer a "newer" hotel than you need to stay elsewhere. There are not but a couple of hotels left in downtown HS that have balconies anymore, the view from our balcony (9th floor) was just great. I love staying in the older hotels, there is so much history around them. The lobby is really nice, the rooms are neat and clean, we had a pillow top mattress which was great. I have stayed at the Springs quite a few times over the last few years and never had an issue with the room or service provided. Kenneth at the front desk was just as nice and helpful as could be, I ask for a mini fridge for our room and he said he would check to see if one was available, in less than 30 minutes (enough time to get unpacked) of checking in we got one delivered. We met the GM Virginia, she was super nice as well, I mentioned that Spa 135 didn't return my calls and she gave us a voucher for a free hot bath. I think the spa had a flooding problem and was closed for a day or two. Jim, also at the front desk was helpful too. All in all it was a nice stay and I will return to The Springs Hotel when I go back to HS.

Room Tip: Higher rooms have a awesome view. Stay during the week this summer and get a great deal (rooms for...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
mississippi
Reviewed 21 July 2013

The location of the hotel is great. You can walk to the bathhouses and many tourist/ shopping attractions. We only had to drive once while there. The staff is very helpful on recommendations of where to go and the Spa staff wonderful. I overheated while in the thermal baths and they were very concerned and attentive making sure I got cooled down. The massage is excellent and was the best package for the money we could find. The rooms are a little high especially for being older and not including breakfast. I would suggest the downtown view unless you literally want to stare at a rock. Parking lot is well lit which was nice with it being slightly isolated but it is one of the few free Parking downtown places. My biggest complaint would be that it's noisy. I could hear all the street noise even with the balcony door closed which made it hard to sleep.

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank invisibleash
HoustonTrav
Reviewed 11 July 2013

Downtown Hot Springs is a blast from the past. The Hotel has a beautifully remodeled lobby that is a nice gathering spot. There is free parking at the back of the hotel. The rooms are old but clean. Definitely an old style bathroom. We decided to enjoy the "old school" feel of the place and not get crazy about it. We went to the baths in the hotel. Wear a swimsuit or nothing--hot tub, sauna, hot towel wrap, then 15 minute massage. A New experience you should try! Bring tip money for bath attendant and masseuse. Rest of spa is underwhelming. Our baths were included in our price. We ate at the colonial restaurant a few doors away as there is no breakfast at the hotel. It is very good! The line forms around 8:30 on a Saturday. There is a coffee maker in the room. We bought breakfast food for our last morning. We ate at the Porterhouse for steaks and Angels for pasta. Both were excellent and we could walk to and from each one safely. More than 2 people you should have a reservation. We had a drink one night on the porch of the Arlington. It was busy! The bathrooms were horrible. Be sure to walk the promenade above the baths and pretend you are from the 1930's enjoying the plush Hot Springs Experience.

Room Tip: Choose the Mountain side. You have a balcony and better chance of less street noise. Higher the be...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank HoustonTrav
Chillicothe, Missouri, United States
Reviewed 11 July 2013

My husband and I stayed at this hotel because of the proximity to bath house row and other sights. The room was 'tired and worn out'. The entire structure (balcony included) needs attention. When I asked to have a hair dryer delivered to the room (that's right - no hair dryers), they told me they don't deliver, I would have to go to the front desk for it. DISAPPOINTED. If not for the location, I would never stay there again.

Room Tip: Our room was on the 8th floor - at least the view from the room was acceptable!
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
Jacksonville, Arkansas
Reviewed 8 July 2013

I would like to thank everyone at The Springs Hotel & Spa. the staff was very friendly & helpful (were really going to miss Mr. Jim at the front desk, he was a doll) My son & I had a very enjoyable stay. (7/3/13 ~7/6/13) We loved our room on the Mtn. side & the rooms were very clean! We look forward to another visit:o)

Room Tip: I would recommend getting a room on the Mountain side, less noise & GREAT sun rise:o)
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 6 July 2013

We checked in this evening(3 rooms), if I could get my money back I would go stay elsewhere. The rooms and halls are in poor condition. One of the lamps in one of the rooms didn't work because there is no wall outlet. Really??? I could not charge people price they charged for these rooms.
So disappointed in the beginning of our family vacation weekend!!!

• Stayed July 2013