“Nice Stay”

The Springs Hotel & Spa
Ranked #34 of 45 Hotels in Hot Springs
Reviewed 15 April 2014

Stayed two nights and had a great view. Enjoyed being downtown and within walking distance of shopping and music. Very friendly staff. Will definitely come back. Reasonable priced with awesome location.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
fvs111, Public Relations Manager at The Springs Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 12 September 2014

Thank you for your stay at our hotel and thank you for your lovely comments. We appreciate you so much. Come back and see us again.

Reviewed 21 March 2014

I really don't understand all of the complaining! The other reviewers that commented on the shower water issues are correct, but it's really not a huge deal so go with the flow and laugh about it! It's not a new hotel with new furniture, fresh paint and new carpet, but it is pleasant. The front desk was great! The spa was incredible. It's not a 5 star hotel, but if that's what you're looking for then don't go to Hot Springs because you won't find that anywhere in Hot Springs and certainly not in the downtown area. I have stayed at the Arlington, and l honestly think that the room at The Springs was nicer than the room at the Arlington. The TV is horrible but we didn't go to watch TV. The bed was not great but it slept ok. The location is great! We did not eat at the restaurant. We did have drinks at the bar I had wine and my husband had beer. We had facials and massages at the Spa and they were great! One of the best massages I've ever had and I have had a lot of massages all over the world. Go stay at the Springs and go with an open mind and also understand that it's not a luxury hotel, but enjoy the adventure. I have stayed in much nicer and I have stayed in much worse yet paid 5 times the price for less.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Kelly H
Reviewed 19 March 2014

Stayed here for two nights during spring break. After reading the reviews, on tripadvisor, I was a little nervous, but took a chance. Overall, I'd give the hotel an average rating. Nothing outstanding, but not as bad as some people were saying. The hotel is certainly dated. If it were not for the new flat screen TV in the room, the room could have come from about 1975. Despite complaints of hot water problems on this site, we had no such issues. Room did not have a hair dryer, but a call to the front desk remedied that in about 5 minutes. We did not take advantage of the newly-opened restaurant, but it looked fine. Bar looked just okay, with a limited beer selection. Had a room on a smoking floor (I really hadn't thought to say non-smoking, since I have not had a smoking room for 10 years, at least). Smoking down the hall pretty much stunk up the whole floor. Loud next-door neighbors was a problem, since we essentially shared a balcony with them. I would guess we were the only room affected by their noise, however, so that is more of an issue with the guests, not the hotel. (neighbors dropped in at 2:15 a.m. for a little pick-me-up, I guess, then back at 4:30 a.m.) Location is wonderful, since you are within blocks of everything downtown. The beds could be better, but I say that about a lot of places. For the price, it is difficult to have much of an issue with the hotel. Could they do better? Sure. Is it a good price for what you get? Yes. Just don't expect five-star accommodations for a three-star price. That's just not the way it works.

Room Tip: Had a third floor "mountain view" room on the end away from the front desk. If I had my c...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 8 March 2014

I stayed here for two nights for a business trip to Hot Springs. There was some trepidation after reading negative reviews, but it was really a satisfactory stay. Parking is a little scary, since the lot is cut into the hillside behind the hotel. It is located about 200 yards from the site of the 1984 Arlington Hotel parking lot landslide which destroyed several automobiles. It did not inspire confidence when I noted a few large rocks that had slid into the lot. I recommend parking well away from the cliff. The hotel is definitely old school. The lobby is very nice; I did not avail myself of the restaurant. Front desk employees were friendly and helpful. Rooms were old and worn, but clean and the bed was comfortable. There was a burn mark in the carpet caused by a hot iron. The best feature of the hotel is that it is convenient to downtown and close to some good restaurants.

Room Tip: Apparently the mountain side of the hotel is quieter.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Rahrlebob
Reviewed 1 March 2014

We just returned from a long week-end in Hot Springs. It was our annual trip with 4 other couples to visit the horse races. We wanted to find a new hotel to stay in the downtown area. We chose the Springs and we were all very pleased. We had stayed at the Arlington in past but the owners have really let the rooms run down. We found The Springs Hotel to be an older hotel but clean. It has much better bathrooms and we were street side with nice view. The staff were all very nice and Lance the manager was very friendly and helpful. We had a great time and would stay there again. We ate several meals at the restaurant and the food was very good.

Room Tip: choose high floor street side
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Jujuwy
Reviewed 28 February 2014

My mom and I stayed here one night while my daughter visited the ASMSA campus down the street. This was the closest hotel, and it was also much less expensive than anything nearby. I knew from the rate that it would not be super luxurious, but on their website they stated they made $1 million in renovations in 2008. I don't think those renovations quite made it to our room. The bathroom looked original, but it was clean. The carpet, sofa, and bed covering were worn, but clean. I would recommend this hotel for people who aren't planning on spending lots of time in the room (old tv and not a good wifi connection) but want a good location. We were lucky enough to park right in front of the hotel but had to leave early in order to avoid a ticket. The back parking looked scary.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 25 February 2014

We love Spring in Hot Springs and of course Oaklawn. The Springs Hotel and Spa is one of the few downtown hotels to offer one night reservations during racing season and at a reasonable price. Staying downtown is where you want to be. Art Galleries, Hot Springs National Park and clubs and restaurants within walking distance. If you want modern I would suggest one of the chain hotels, but you will miss the charm of downtown. Lobby very nice, rooms fine, parking acceptable, staff very helpful and onsite restaurant just opened. We didn't try it, as we have our favorites Angels down the street and Pancake house for Breakfast. Would love to stay longer and try the restaurant.
If you love downtown Hot Springs this is a great option. We do like the Arlington next door, but at twice the price and a two night minimum during Oaklawn decided to give the Springs a try. Glad we did.

Room Tip: Rooms on the front the balcony faces the street so you want on a higher floor. Quieter on the back w...
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple