“Not fit to eat”
Review of Andrew's Restaurant & Bakery - CLOSED

Andrew's Restaurant & Bakery
Price range: US$4 - US$29
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Come visit us in downtown Hot Springs over-looking bathhouse row. We are located in an old bookie joint and speakeasy where you can actually see the betting windows from back in the day. The atmosphere is bluesy and soulfull with beautiful art by local artists. Billie Holliday,Louis Armstrong and Jelly roll Morton's pictures line our walls as well as a 200 foot mural of New Orleans. We have the best Cajun and Creole food in Arkansas. You can also have cocktails or come for the specialty coffees and fresh beignets.
Turrialba, Costa Rica
“Not fit to eat”
Reviewed 25 October 2013

Five of us dinned at Andrew's recently. Each of us ordered a different item as it was all family and we enjoy sharing "family style". Nothing we ordered was fit to eat. 3 items were too salty. We brought this to the attention of the waiter who brought the manager over. All the manager did was bring the chief to our table and he apologized for us not liking his food. I am a 20 year resident of Hot Springs and eat out frequently. Do NOT waste your money on this place. One of the worst meal experiences I have had in years. Cannot remember a place where the food was this bad.

Little Rock, Arkansas
“Stuffed Shrimp - DON'T MISS THIS”
Reviewed 16 October 2013

We visited Andrew's for dinner a few months ago while visiting Hot Springs. A member of our party had heard about the restaurant and wanted to give it a try. The restaurant is on the 2nd floor of a very old building, and the tables by the window are great. We had a view of bathhouse row and really enjoyed that part of our visit. Our waiter was a bit awkward, but that's just a personality thing, not really a reflection on the restaurant. I can't recall if the service was fast or slow, so it must have been average or I would remember! The best thing on the menu is the STUFFED SHRIMP. The menu doesn't list a description at all, so I ordered this on faith. IT WAS AMAZING. Basically, it's 2 or 3 giant shrimp, inside a "ball" (like a giant hush puppy) of crab cake. You get 5 or 6 in your order, which is plenty. Everyone in our group agreed that my dish was the best. The red beans and rice (I think) was mainly bean and rice, hardly any sausage. The salad dressing was good, too. The ONLY thing that I hate to mention is this: while we were there, we saw a small brown roach crawling along the windowsill, and eventually killed it when it got to our tablecloth. I hate to even mention it, because the restaurant didn't feel/seem/look dirty at all. We attributed it to the fact that the building was old and no matter what, you WILL have some kind of bugs in a building like that. I would definitely go back, if only for the stuffed shrimp!

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank MissJennJackson
Okolona, Arkansas
“I'll be back”
Reviewed 3 September 2013

They didn't have everything on the menu, went through two choices before ordering the stuffed shrimp. In all fairness we came in late on a Saturday night on a holiday weekend. I don't like fried food but the fried stuffed shrimp was the best I've ever had. I couldn't tell it was fried. Food was reasonably priced, the service was excellent and the building has an interesting history.

Athens, LA
“It's not fast food, it's good food.”
Reviewed 5 August 2013

The staff of Andrew's were very friendly and professional. The food was quite good. Being from Louisiana I have had several different cajun meals. This is not a fast food restaurant, so enjoy the music and the atmosphere. I would recommend Andrew's to my family and friends. As to the bad reviews, well price was comparable to everything else in Hot Springs and the cutomers who had bad food reviews, I don't know what to say. Both mine and my wife's food was very good. Being a Sunday, I noticed a couple of other customers who tried to order something that Andrew's was out of. So I guess in that regard and the reason for 4 stars, I think they could improve their inventory.

“Do not visit here”
Reviewed 22 July 2013 via mobile

The girl standing at the doorway lured us in with a $5.99 lunch special...turned out to be the $4.99 kids meal, jacked up by a dollar! The tablecloth on table we were seated at was full of crumbs. No gumbo was available although it was on the menu; tried the jambalaya instead...inedible mush! Sent it back and just had a dinner salad. Praise for the chicken tenders and the hamburger, but that only puts Andrew's a step above McD's. Will NOT return.

Visited July 2013