“OMG! This is a piece of Heaven on earth!”
Come and enjoy lakefront cabin for romantic getaway or families, friends to getaway from it all!
Smith's Lakefront Cabin Areial View of Cabin and the beautiful lake You may enjoy free use of a paddle boat if desired!
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
Smith's Lakefront Cabin Areial View of Cabin and the beautiful lake
You may enjoy free use of a paddle boat if desired!
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
Charles J
Dallas, Texas
“OMG! This is a piece of Heaven on earth!”
Reviewed 3 October 2013 for a stay in September 2013
people found this review helpful

WOW! It is rare that the pictures of a place actually reflect what it really is. I mean, the pictures were taken years and years ago and you are in the here and now. But let me tell you! In this case, the pictures say it all! It is EXACTLY as billed! We only planned on staying one night, however, after arriving, we quickly decided that two nights were required. The cabin was clean, smelled nice, and exactly what we needed. The silence in the daytime is so beautiful. The crickets at night and the fresh air along with a roraing campfire? OMG! We cant wait to get back! The seclusion is wonderful! And to all my fishing buddies out there, make sure you bring medium to heavy duty tackle! I do not know what is in that area of the lake, but it is BIG! :-) All in all, it is WELL worth the money and I Sharon is so hospitable it's unreal! WE HAD A WONDERFUL TIME!

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The silence! The peace!
Liked least: We had to leave
Travelling group: Solo
Your age range 35-49
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children People with pets
Management Response
3 Oct 2013
Thank you Charles, Claudia and son for the review! I am thankful God sends me the best guests in the world!! I appreciate you taking the time to feel that out!! Hopefully you will help someone else out that needs to get away from this hectic world by them reading your review. I had a man one time told me he worked at a very stressful job and was thinking about taking is life until he came to the cabin where he got rest, restored with clear thinking that he knew that he wanted to live! Wow, God is good!!
Thank you again, I look forward to meeting your daughters some day when you all can come. Your son was very polite and nice. :)
God bless you,
Sharon Smith
Jennikbec...
“Super cozy and clean!”
Reviewed 2 September 2013 for a stay in September 2013
people found this review helpful

Has everything you need . Husband and I, our 20 year old daughter and her friend visited for 4 days. Could have easily stayed longer.had a lot of fun visiting the near by buckstaff spa and Jim Coleman's crystal digging and downtown hs ,but all everyone really wanted to do was come back to cabin and hang out. The lake view is quiet and beautiful. Clean enough to swim in. We are planning to come back soon.

Arlene B
Dallas, Texas
“Fabulous 4th! Loved this place!”
Reviewed 8 July 2013 for a stay in July 2013
person found this review helpful

3 of my friends and I rented this cabin for an extended July 4th holiday. The pictures are exactly what it looked like. Right on the waters edge of Lake Catherine. Fully stocked with all the amenities. Several things I will remember for next year (yes, we have already reserved for next July 4th weekend) is to bring a sharp knife, a frying pan (they had them but not the best quality) and that the seat backs to the paddle boat are stored in the laundry room. Sharon is wonderful to work with and my friends and I cant wait to visit again. I highly recommend renting a pontoon boat from the State Park marina-hands down the best price anywhere. We came home so relaxed and wished we could visit more often.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Being right on the water
Liked least: kitchen pans and knives
Travelling group: Friends
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Families with young children
People with pets
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Management Response
8 Jul 2013
I am sorry about the knives, I haven't had any complaints and I thought they were very nice in the wooden block and sharp. I also thought the pans were ok. I will buy some new ones a.s.a.p. Thank you for letting me know and I want all of our guests to be satisfied! :) I am happy that you all loved the lakefront cabin and look forward to seeing you next year!!
Mel M
Mesquite, Texas
“Clean, cozy & pet friendly!”
Reviewed 14 October 2012 for a stay in October 2012
person found this review helpful

The first impression of this cabin was; it is a real cabin, e.g. real pine wood walls inside and SUPER clean. The best part though is that dogs are welcome. The property and the surrounding properties were all well maintained and absolutely no trash or dilapated houses in sight. The lake was directly in front of the cabin with ample fishing. There was a paddle boat, fire ring and great smoker grill. Everything in the cabin was in good condition.
The owner of the cabin was very nice and accomodating. The only thing missing was a screened in or covered porch but otherwise it was perfect. We will definitely stay again. Once again, we SO appreciate being able to bring our dog and know that she was welcomed!

Liked best: Pet friendly
Liked least: Not enough porch space; possibly covered
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children People with pets
Hermitage
Reviewed 22 August 2012 for a stay in July 2012

Recommended for:
A romantic getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers Rugged travelers
Cabot
Reviewed 6 June 2012 for a stay in May 2012

A romantic getaway Older travelers
Rugged travelers
MO
Reviewed 16 April 2012 for a stay in March 2012

A romantic getaway
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing