“Good Hotel, a lot of small problems”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Hot Springs
Ranked #2 of 44 Hotels in Hot Springs
GreenLeadersBronze level
SW USA
“Good Hotel, a lot of small problems”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 June 2012

A standard Embassy Suites which we like as you have a large room, great bed, two TVs, free drinks in the afternoon, good full breakfasts come standard. However, this one had a problem with the dishwasher as many of the cups and plates at breakfast were dirty with food and lipstick still encrusted on them...eeww! Window coverings did not block out the bright lights they shone on the building at night and the sun during the day. Also there was no internet in the room. I called the help desk and then the front desk and they sent someone up but it still did not work. This is not good as I had to work while there. The internet did work in the business office downstairs, just not in the room. They had it running the next day. Another small thing was that the toilet seat would not stay up, a problem, I guess, for men, or not.

Room Tip: Ask for a corner suite, they are bigger and you have less noise from neighbors.
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled on business
Kschatzl, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Hot Springs, responded to this review, 18 June 2012
Thank you for sharing your experience with TripAdvisor and thank you for being our guest. I am sorry all was not perfect during your stay, we try really hard and sometimes it takes just a little while to fix the inevitable glitch that can come up. The problem with our dishmachine was quickly discovered and rectified. Even though our dishes were sanitize with 180+ degree water if not all parts of the equipment are not just right the results are not what they should be. Big upgrades for our internet our scheduled for later this summer and I am sure our guests will find the service to be fast and reliable. Our window treatments do provide blackout capability, but sometime the third set of drapes (the blackout ones) are not readily noticeable between the decortative sheers and curtains. Thank you again for taking the time to share your experience on TripAdvisor.

Kurt Schatzl

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (157)
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 June 2012

I made a reservation here for a 10 day stay as a last minute attempt to avoid the Arlington (Which may be an excellent hotel, but the reviews scared me, especially considering I had to stay for 10 days). This hotel exceeded my expectations. The room was very quiet at night (even though the hotel was FILLED with kids during Memorial day). The complimentary breakfast isn't a "full spread" where you have endless choices, but the fresh omlettes and biscuits and sausage were great and I was very satisfied with the quality (even after having to eat it for 10 mornings straight). The evening Manager's Reception is a nice touch and the bartender during our stay was very friendly (wish I got his name, but he worked during my stay from May 20-30th, he deserves a shout out) and made excellent drinks, even being free. The only VERY minor thing that happened was that after memorial day weekend it seemed like they didn't have enough staff to keep up with all the cleaning. But it got done by the end of the day so no point to complain. If I have to return to Hot Springs I won't even bother looking anywhere else.

Room Tip: I'd go with the obvious (far from elevator/high floor). The pillows are a little too soft for my...
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
Thank you for sharing your thoughts about your 10 day stay on TripAdvisor. We are so glad you chose us as your home away from home and that you were pleased with out facilities and service. We will be sure to pass your kind comments along to the team members especially Craig our very able Bartender at our free evening reception. We hope to be of service to you in the near future.

ILLinois
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 May 2012

Ok, we booked a double room here for an overnight stay, we normally stay at the Staybridge suites, but they wouldn't give us the accommodations we needed, and I say wouldn't because although my husband has racked up enough points for free nights, they wouldn't honor his points, so we chose Embassy, which allowed us to use them. We all really loved the hotel, it is very clean, and well kept. The quality control rep even made sure that she removed a stained towel from the room, and replaced it with fresh ones. The bed was pretty comfortable, and the decor was nice. The bathroom was clean, and well lit, and there was plenty of space so I have no complaints with any of that. There is a nice bar downstairs, as well as a restaurant, and gift shop/store. My one and only complaint is that the internet was almost non existent. The signal is terribly poor, and was lost every couple minutes kicking you off, and you constantly get an "unable to connect" message when trying to log on, so you have to keep trying, and hopefully you get lucky enough to get connected. We really enjoyed our stay minus the internet issue. If you are someone that has work to do while away, you better make sure to bring your own router, or use the business center to get your work done. If they get that issue fixed this would be the perfect hotel, and I would definitely stay again!!

3 Thank vacationNikki
Kschatzl, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Hot Springs, responded to this review, 30 May 2012
Thank you for choosing Embassy Suites and thank you for the review. We are pleased that you chose to redeem your HHONORS points at our hotel and pleased that you were happy with the cleanliness and quality of our hotel. I am sorry that you had trouble with the internet connection. We have complimentary WIFI in the Atrium with a good strong signal. Our suites are equipped with an Ethernet connection that generally is pretty good. Perhaps you were trying to connect to the Atrium's WIFI connection that is currently not intended to serve our suites. This September we are planning an $80,000 upgrade to our internet facilities which will provide us excellent WIFI througout the hotel. Thank you again.

Memphis, Tennessee
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 May 2012

My adult daughters and I planned a "girls" trip to Hot Springs. After much research, I booked a suite at the Embassy Suites there. We could not have been happier with that choice. From the moment we arrived all the way through check-out, we had a wonderful experience. The entire staff was professional, personable, and informed.
The free shuttle within a three-mile radius proved to be quite helpful. Although we felt safe to walk at night, sometimes after a long day of trail-walking, the shuttle came in handy to transport us to and from destinations.
Both the breakfast and the happy hour were welcome amenities. We started our day off ready and ended the day very relaxed. I would definitely stay at the Hot Springs Embassy Suites again, and I will recommend it to my friends and family.
B. Scott

Room Tip: We stayed in a corner suite. It was super quiet.
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
Thank you so much for taking the time to share your positive experience with TripAdvisor. It is very gratifying to us to know that our efforts make a difference! We hope that you will return soon.

Little Rock, Arkansas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 May 2012

I went to celebrate what was to be an unforgettable lifetime event. The hotel was gorgeous, and the breakfast was good but got cold quickly due to the indoor temperature. There eneded up being a conflict with the price I was quoted for the reservation. When I addressed the matter, the guy that I later found to be a member of the management staff was disrespectful and made light of the situation. While doing so, he continued to swipe my card and charge me for the bill before we were done talking. When I asked for his name so I could address the matter with someone else, he rudely wrote his name on a slip of paper and shoved it towards me. After I called the complaint line, they called the hotel to see what the problem was. Believe it or not, they forwarded me to another manager in the hotel! He told me that he witnessed the entire incident and his employee was correct in changing the amount of my bill, even though they had not done so the night I checked in. This new manager I was speaking with was checking in another customer and doing paperwork while I was being rudely handled by his employee. How could he have been doing all of that and witnessing my mistreatment? I don't know. I was so upset that my celebratory weekend was being ruined that my boyfriend called the complaint line back. He was told that we should never have been transferred back to someone in the hotel that we were having a problem with. The money was not the issue. The rudeness of the employee was the issue. He laughed and stated that we simply got away with the extra charges the night before, and if my complaint was that the hotel was being inconsistent he could go back and charge me for the night before. After an extremely long amount of time wasted with the complaint department, they said that they would look into the matter and get back with us in about 3 days. This meant that I had to continue to stay in a hotel with terrible service because they charge an early checkout fee. To sum it all up, their way of handling the situation was to call the hotel from which I received a family and friends passport and tell them they would no longer accept family and friends from their hotel. I handled this situation very professionally, because I did not get into a yelling match with the hotel staff but filed a formal complaint. However, they basically decided to ban the friends and family of any other employees from the hotel that gave me the passport. The terrible service I received totally cancelled out the appearance, cleanliness, and offerings of this hotel. Disrespect and rudeness is never acceptable, especially if I am paying over $140 a night for it. I wouldn't refer this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank KLD897
Kschatzl, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Hot Springs, responded to this review, 24 May 2012
Please accept our most sincere apology for the rude service you received by our Guest Service Representative. I am also very sorry that our Assistant Front Office Manager was unable to resolve your complaint. The reservation for your first night was booked for 1 adult and the second night was booked as a separate reservation for 2 adults which caused the rate to go up $10. We certainly should have been able to override the new rate and keep the rate the same for both nights. We have adjusted the rate. Rest assured we will learn from your experience and we did not and never will never ban Friends and Family discounts from Hilton Family Hotels. The discounts are valuable priviledge of being part of the Hilton Family. Sincerely, Kurt Schatzl, General Manager
Fayetteville, Arkansas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 May 2012

If you are staying I have three suggestions 1. Check the sheets- I got into bed late only to discover rough, pilled sheets. Too late to call housekeeping. I had to sleep on the edge of the bed where the sheet was soft. 2. Check the alarm clock. Ours went off at 5:30a.m. Accidentally hit the snooze. Went off again. Unplugged it. Went off again(battery backup). Had to get up, turn on the light and figure out how to turn it off. 3. Hang do not disturb sign out. Housekeeping banged on the door at 8:30.
I did like the hotel and would stay again- but I would follow my advice.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Girasole09
Kschatzl, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Hot Springs, responded to this review, 22 May 2012
Thank you for being our guest and thank you for sharing your experience and suggestions with TripAdvisor. I know your suggestions were made to inform the TripAdvisor community, but here at the hotel we find your comments very helpful and welcome. Rest assured we will strive hard to improve! I am pleased that you were able to rate our overall service a 5 and that you indicated you would stay with us again in the future. We look forward to being of service to you.

Kurt Schatzl, General Manager
The Woodlands, Texas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 May 2012

A busy weekend...full of families for graduation and weddings. The rooms were ok, the water pressure was fine, the beds comfy, and the noise level was acceptable. The room for improvement comes in the following areas:
1. The coffee being served: So weak it was undrinkable. If you are going to spend $159 plus tax, at least have decent coffee.
2. Ladies cooking eggs in the morning "Good morning sir" is far more pleasing then "NEXT".
3. Work out area: three decent treadmills with tv's. One tv not operable. No cups for drinking the water.
As mentioned, rooms were fine...just needs some fine tuning.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
Kschatzl, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Hot Springs, responded to this review, 21 May 2012
Thank you for your constructive comments following your recent visit to our hotel. I appreciate the time you took to inform us and TripAdvisor of your experience. Please know that we took your comments to heart and worked on improvements right away. Our coffee machines and program were brand new and have now been adjusted to provide a more robust flavor. Your comments regarding our breakfast team member and fitness center were also specifically addressed and fixed. We are confident that if you should return to Hot Springs you will see a more finely tuned product.

Sincerely ,