“Embassy Suites in Hot Springs, Arkansas”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Hot Springs
Ranked #2 of 45 Hotels in Hot Springs
GreenLeadersBronze level
McComb, United States
“Embassy Suites in Hot Springs, Arkansas”
Reviewed 11 December 2013

We thoroughly enjoyed our stay here for the Arkansas Fiber Festival and hope that it continues to be at this hotel. Very comfortable and clean and very friendly and accommodating staff! The restaurant leaves a lot to be desired, but there are very good eating places close by.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Kschatzl, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Hot Springs, responded to this review, 13 December 2013
Thank you for staying with us once again for the Fiber Arts Extravaganza. We have enjoyed being the host hotel for your group the last couple of years and hope to continue that relationship for years to come. We appreciate your kind words and the 5 star review. We also appreciate your comment about the unsatisfactory experience you had in our restaurant, Bistro 400. Our Assistant GM/Food and Beverage Director will try to reach out to you to apologize and perhaps find out more specifics about your dining experience. Thank you again.

Kurt Schatzl

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (163)
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 11 December 2013

Excellent hotel! Very accommodating with me and my dogs in a winter storm. Very clean. Acoomodating staff. Good food. Very pleasant, relaxing, friendly atomosphere. The business center was excellent and easy to use. The breakfast was good. The happy hour with free drinks and hordeurves was even available on the weekend, which is very unusual for a hotel. A very no-hassle pleasant experience! I highly recommend this hotel for business or personal travel stay!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled solo

1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Thank you for the excellent review. We appreciate your choosing our hotel during last week's ice storm. We are glad that we turned out to a good option for you and your dogs and that you enjoyed our hotel and our accommodating staff. We were fortunate not to get as much of the freezing rain as mainy feared. We hope to be of service to you in the future. Winter hasn't officially started yet, so I am sure there will be more opportunities to escape the weather and enjoy our Embassy Suites this season.

Arlington, TX
Reviewed 8 December 2013

Had a pleasant stay here. This was a typical Embassy suites property with the cooked to order breakfast, manager's reception, and two room suite.

The room was spacious with the normal bedroom separate from the living quarters that includes a pullout bed from the sofa if needed. Did have a little problem connecting to the Internet that was resolved quickly by the hotel staff. Housekeeping failed to take dirty glassware that accumulated daily from the manager's reception. Not really a big thing though in the whole scheme of things. The room also provides a safe in room under the bar sink if needed.

Manager's reception was 5:30 p.m. - 7:30 p.m. Last time here, when the hotel was new, the drinks were NOT completely complimentary due to some Arkansas liquor law??? But this time they were free (although it is customary to provide the bartender with a tip). There was beer on tap, and limited hard liquor as well...just don't expect premium brand liquors. Hey, it's free!

Breakfast is made to order omelets, pancakes, and continental fare...scrambled eggs (looked dry), sausage links, bacon, oatmeal, grits, fruit, bread (surprised they did not have bagels), juices, coffee, and tea. Not bad.

The hotel is very close to the bath houses and the shops downtown. So that you know...only two of the eight bath houses are operational. One is done the traditional way when they originally opened years ago and one is done with a more modern twist. You will have to decide what floats your boat.
The hotel also has spa service if you want to go that route.

My opinion is that this is the best hotel in Hot Springs to stay at and I would readily stay here again if ever back in the region!

1 Thank Dutch_2006
Thank you for staying with us and thank you for the constructive and very informative review. I am sure many will find your review helpful as I did. We are very grateful for your business and for your review and recommendation. We look forward to being of service to you again in the future.

Jacksonville, Arkansas
Reviewed 4 December 2013

Check in was a breeze, manager reception in evening is decent, breakfast was good (cooks were better than in past).

My room was the standard suite which was fine. What wasn't ok was that upon my late evening return the next day my room had been untouched. My family had dinner the night before so the room had day old food cartons, unmade beds, towels on the floor, trash in the trash cans, etc. This was a first for Embassy. I've never had a problem with this before. I called the front desk and they promptly sent someone up (may have been over housekeeping) and she was astonished. She couldn't believe the room hadn't been entered and cleaned. She told me she would personally clean it and would be back with her supplies after she talked to the Manager. I heard NOTHING from the manager. No call, no note, no apology, nothing! My family and I left to allow the room to be cleaned and upon our return it was.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that is not over the piano bar as that area tends to be loud in the evening.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Kschatzl, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Hot Springs, responded to this review, 6 December 2013
Thank you for sharing your review on TripAdvisor. We appreciate all the feedback we get and we always are sure to follow up thoroughly to correct the inevitable mistake that will come up and try to learn from it and try to prevent reoccurence. Please accept our sincere apology that your room did not receive housekeeping service on Saturday as it should have. Also please accept my apology that a member of our management team did not contact you to offer an apology or resolution to the problem. I met with our team this morning and we worked on our internal communications process when a proplem like this should occur and I believe we are better prepared to respond quickly and appropriately. Again please accept my apology and please feel free to contact me directly if I may be of assistance.

Sugar Land, United States
Reviewed 4 December 2013

Great location and very professional staff. Our family enjoyed the complimentary order-to-cook morning breakfast, hotel's heated pool and jaccuzi more than the city itself. We will definitely stay here again on our next trip.

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Thank you for being our guest and thanks for the 5 star review. We certainly appreciate the time you took to share your good experience on TripAdvisor. Thank you also for mentioning the professionalism of our team members. We very much look forward to being of service to you and your family in the future.

Pine Bluff, United States
Reviewed 2 December 2013

The hotel staff are always friendly and fast with checking in and out of the hotel. They greet you each time you enter the hotel and leave the hotel. The rooms are very nice - clean and comfortable. I stay at this hotel at least once a year on business and always enjoy my stay. It is very convenient to downtown attractions and is connected to the convention center - with a covered skywalk.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Kschatzl, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Hot Springs, responded to this review, 3 December 2013
We appreciate your continued loyalty to our hotel and we certainly appreciate your effort in sharing your experience on TripAdvisor. We are very pleased that you find our property to be clean and comfortable and that you find our team members to be friendly and efficient. We hope to be your hotel of choice in Hot Springs for years to come.

Houston
Reviewed 29 November 2013

As I sit here writing yet another review while listening to the piano player (live!) a few feet away from me while sipping my drink I got during the Manager's Hour, I am at a conundrum. Do I disclose publicly what a relaxing & wonderful hotel this is to stay or should I keep it private & to myself? Well, it would be very selfish of me to not say how much we enjoy staying here. The breakfast omelets made to order & pancakes & everything else gets your day off to a great start. Our room is always clean & the staff is so polite & friendly. So conveniently located to the bath houses and plenty of parking spots. In house massages, indoor pool, workout room, & excellent wifi. The atrium with the fountains is also so relaxing & soothing to hear.
We had our Thanksgiving dinner at the Bistro 400 restaurant at the Embassy Suites & it was a very good meal at a reasonable price. We've had the pizza here before & it was very good also.
Yes, dang it, stay here. You will not regret it....puppy friendly too.

Room Tip: The rooms are on the east side I believe, overlook Hot Springs Mountain Tower, which is very nice.
1 Thank Jose M
Kschatzl, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Hot Springs, responded to this review, 30 November 2013
Thank you for spending the Thanksgiving Holiday with us and thank you once again for being so generous in sharing your thoughts on TripAdvisor. We love to hear such excellent feedback and we are extremely pleased that you enjoyed so many aspects of your stay including the clean comfortable suite, friendly staff, Bistro 400, Cascades Piano Bar, Complimentary Evening Reception and Breakfast, Spa Botanica etc. We appreciate your continued patronage and the 5 Star Review. We hope to see you back again soon.