“I'm a repeat customer”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Hot Springs
Ranked #2 of 45 Hotels in Hot Springs
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 30 March 2014

Just got back. State of the art elevators, mattress rivals my at home, fantastic staff with shuttle and Managers Reception make this a winner. I won't stay anywhere else in Hot Springs. Go to Brand X for half the price and get excuses instead of working elevators and ice machines to go along with disappearing or grumpy staff along with a cheap mattress. I want a good nights sleep on a good mattress and I got it here. They have the same bartender as last time working the M. R. and he's amazing. This is a well run place.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
Kschatzl, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Hot Springs, responded to this reviewResponded 1 April 2014

Thanks so much for your repeat visit to our hotel and for another nice review. We appreciate your kind remarks and we are glad that you appreciate the value that Embassy Suites provides. I will be sure to share your review with our team including Craig our Complimentary Evening Reception Bartender who took care of you when you were here two years ago as well.

Reviewed 29 March 2014

Absolutely terrible customer experience from the moment we walked in after a 4 hour drive, and I'm in hot springs often. We clearly made the wrong decision. I imagine a motel 6 could have provided a better experience than you guys did your me and my group of 8. Maybe the customer experience isn't something the hot springs embassy values, but going forward in done with anyone associated with embassy- specifically at the hot springs location.

• Stayed: March 2014
1  Thank Eeeee86
Kschatzl, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Hot Springs, responded to this reviewResponded 2 April 2014

I am very sorry that we were not able to provide you with the quality of services that you expect and deserve. This is not typical of our hotel and staff, and we are sorry that we let the ball drop. We are always looking for ways to improve our guest experience. Your complete satisfaction is very important to us and we try to make sure all of our guests have a rewarding stay. Thank you again for your feedback and we hope that you will consider providing us another opportunity to be of service to you.

Reviewed 25 March 2014

We spent 2 nights in this hotel during spring break. It was located in an excellent part of town - close to the places (bathhouse, HS mountain tower and hiking trails, shops and restaurants) we wanted to visit. We arrived on a Sunday night. There wasn't anyone at the front door so we unloaded things ourselves. The trash can outside of the lobby was overflowing. Checked in at the front desk and found out that they assigned us a Smoking room even though we had specifically requested a Non-Smoking room. I showed the e-mail confirmation to the front desk which assured me a NS room was reserved. He admitted someone messed it up and quickly corrected it. We pulled our luggage to the room on the 7th floor and the keys wouldn't work! Came down to the lobby and the guy said he gave me the wrong room. We should be on the 9th floor. Went back up to the 7th to collect my family (and luggage) then reported to the 9th floor room. The room was spacious and nicely laid out, but it is dated. The room was also warm. It wouldn't cool down even we adjusted the A/C to the coldest level. Called the front desk and they promised to send someone over. No one ever showed up. The bathroom was clean but had very limited towels and toiletries (one small tube of shampoo and conditioner) for a family of 5. The breakfast was the best part - made to order hot food. A lot of food selection. The Happy Hour snack was also good with generous amount. The staff was friendly when you approach them but I think they could be a bit more initiative like taking initiative to greet guests and offer help. Overall we had a nice stay.

3  Thank emica2

Thank you for choosing our hotel and thank you for sharing your experience on TripAdvisor. We appreciate all the specific feedback you provided and we will be sure to use it our efforts to continuously improve the product and service we provide. I do apologize for the shortcomings you experienced and I am glad that you had a good time and left with a favorable impression of our hotel and staff. Thank you again for your comments.

Reviewed 24 March 2014

I was extremely disappointed in the accommodations! We've stayed here before when it was nicer, but this time got a room that had dirty living rm furniture, dripping faucets, no sheets for sofabed, and got a "non-smoking" room (a smoking room converted to a "non-smoking one). Very well-used room! Breakfast was good tho!

2  Thank Julia L
Kschatzl, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Hot Springs, responded to this reviewResponded 28 March 2014

Thank you for staying with us and thank you for providing us valuable feedback about your experience. We are pleased that you enjoyed our complimentary made to order breakfast, but like you we too are dissappointed that the accommodations were not up to our normal standard. Please be assured that we will use your comments to strive to make improvements in the consistency of our suite accommodations. Please feel free to contact me directly if I can be of assistance in resolving your concerns and dissappointment.

Reviewed 24 March 2014

Front desk check in and out was slow. Rooms were not ready on time for check in. Hotel was understaffed. Rooms were clean and nice as well as the lobby. Beds are super comfey and the breakfast is great!! Overall good experiece.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Thank you very much for sharing your experience on TripAdvisor. I do apologize that all we not perfect during your visit, but I am pleased that overall you rated our accommodations as great and that you received good service. We look forward to having you back in the future and earning five stars in every category.

Reviewed 22 March 2014

My experience here wasn't like other Embassy Suites (including the night before in Dallas), which have been great. I felt like I was interrupting the receptionist while trying to check in. As she was working on her computer, she seemed like I was distracting her from something more important. That wasn't a big deal, but EVERY front desk person seemed like they were clockroaching - just watching the clock to go home. Every interaction felt like I was interrupting an elder English professor from his research of the newspaper. This was completely different from every other Embassy Suites experience.

The first day, we got home at 6:30 pm and the room hadn't been cleaned. They said there were too many guests and didn't have enough time to clean it. Really? I would have at least thought they'd say, "We'll be right up to take care of it." We got clean towels from the pool area.

One of the staff was complaining to me about the number of guests and how much they had to work - I felt bad for her, but realize that attitude reflects leadership - which doesn't appear to be here.

Also, this was also the first Embassy Suites that I didn't get corporate survey to complete. I wonder why?

I would recommend this place if you are a big breakfast person (the breakfast was good) - otherwise find somewhere else in Hot Springs that would actually make you feel like they want you there.

This hotel is just making money on the brand and could care less on the customer experience.

4  Thank D J

First let me thank you for taking the time write a review about your experience at our hotel. We value all of the feedback we receive and strive to follow up quickly to improve the consistency of the product and service we deliver. Our mission is that 'Every guest leaves a raving fan'. Obviously our mission was not accomplished during your visit and we are saddened about this. We have shared your experience with our front desk and housekeeping teams and have challenged ourselves to become more consistent in the level of service we deliver. Please feel free to contact me directly if there is anything we can do to earn an opportunity to be of service to you in the future.

Reviewed 21 March 2014

The Embassy Suites in Hot Springs, AR is a really good hotel for business and pleasure. If you are staying for business, it is across the street from the Hot Springs convention center making parking extremely easy. It is however, a few blocks from Bath House Row if you are traveling for pleasure. It is clean, comfortable and offers a free, good breakfast as I always enjoy a hot breakfast (not just off a buffet line). The only down side is that internet service is only offered to upper levels of Hilton Honors Members. In today's world where everyone uses the internet, I do not understand why hotels continue to charge for this service when they offer it in their lobbies. In addition, if we do need to keep it as a special service, it should be offered to all Hilton Honor Members. Perhaps this might get more customers to actually join. Overall, good hotel.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Thank you very much for choosing our hotel and thank you for sharing your experience on TripAdvisor. We value your feedback and we are very pleased that you enjoyed our location and our amenities including our signature made to order breakfast. It is our hope that we will be able to have an opportunity to be of service to you again in the near future.