“Good value; good location”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Hot Springs
Ranked #3 of 45 Hotels in Hot Springs
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 9 April 2014

Because you get a hot breakfast buffet, as well as made-to-order omelettes & pancakes, PLUS a 2-hour manager's reception (drinks and appetizers) nightly, this is a Very Good value!! The free drink options are extensive: bloody mary's, rum punches, wine, beer, scotch, sex on the beach, etc, The appetizers are typically not overly exciting but they offer at least 2 options nightly and keep the bowls full for the entire 2 hour window.

The staff in the lobby, bar and breakfast area are fantastic. Very personable, friendly, and remember you from day to day. The reception staff is hit and miss. The housekeeping crew is friendly but not very thorough. We were there for 5 nights and never received clean glasses (just hoping the ones on the first day were clean). Nor did they pay attention to details, even when pointed out. Our HBO guide was out of date, and no matter how many times we left it out for replacement, it never happened. The ice bucket was left full of water and the plastic liner bag was never replaced.

The rooms are large and comfortable. The bed linens are lovely. There's a TV in each room of the suite (living and bedrooms).

The hotel provides a free shuttle "on demand" to & from downtown shops, restaurants, etc - even though the hotel is less than 3 blocks from one end of Bathhouse Row. They also do a free shuttle to & from the race track and casino. They're extremely accommodating, courteous, and friendly.

My biggest pet peeve was SMOKING just outside the front lobby doors. So every time you entered or exited you had to hold your breath and race past. In addition, you could smell the smoke in the reception/lobby every time the door opened. Certainly made happy hour less enjoyable.

Overall, we'd recommend this as a good spot when you're visiting downtown Hot Springs. And, it's next to the convention center.

Room Tip: Rooms on higher floors have less noise from the lobby
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Luv2TravelFarNWide
Kschatzl, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Hot Springs, responded to this reviewResponded 10 April 2014

Thank you very much for staying with us and thank you for sharing your comments on TripAdvisor. It is great to hear that you appreciated the value that our hotel provides with our free made to order breakfast and the free 2 hour evening reception. I was pleased to report to you via private message that we have relocated the ash urns away from the front entrance area and solved the problem of the outside air rushing in every time the doors opened. As I mentioned to you we will be sure to follow up on your housekeeping comments and I will be sure to pass along the compliments that you paid to Phillip and Steve who took such good care of you during your visit. We look forward to your return to Hot Springs. Thank you again.

Kurt Schatzl

Write a ReviewReviews (1,362)

Reviewed 8 April 2014

It's been a while since I stayed here. It was November 22, 2009 because it was my wedding night. We had reserved the Presidential Suite but couldn't get in there until after 4pm, so they offered me a smaller suite for me and my bridesmaids to get ready. When we got in that room and got settled the staff knocked on the door and had placed us in the wrong room. So we moved, yet again, up 2 more floors. on my wedding day that was not what I wanted to happen, but I have never seen a staff be more sincere in their apologies. They were so helpful that honestly I wasn't mad. They bent over backwards for us and that helped make my big day less stressful! When the wedding was over and we got to the Presidential Suite it was so nice, so clean, so romantic. they had gone out of their way for us and I will never forget it!

Room Tip: Presidential Suite :)
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Kschatzl, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Hot Springs, responded to this reviewResponded 9 April 2014

Thank you very much for choosing our hotel for such an important occassion and thank you for the very generous 5 star review. I am very please that you enjoyed the caring attitudes of our team members. We hope you will be back for your anniversary or sooner!

Reviewed 7 April 2014

Hotel was very nice and staff was helpful. Lobby was grand with lots of seating room and lush decor. Restaurant was great; friendly staff and good food. Free reception and breakfast everyday was a great perk! I stayed on the 2nd floor of this hotel overlooking the lobby, and the noise level from the reception was pretty loud.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

We appreciate your review and we thank you for choosing our hotel. We are also very pleased that you enjoyed our staff, had a good dining experience in Bistro 400 and also that you enjoyed the free made to order breakfast and the free evening reception. We love getting such specific feedback and we always share our reviews with our team members. We hope to be of service to you again in the near future.

Reviewed 31 March 2014

The staff was friendly and helpful. The Valet guys were especially friendly. The hotel was clean and comfortable, though the beds were not quite as luxurious as I hoped. The room service was timely and the food was pretty good. The spa was superb!!! My massage was one of the best I've ever had. The pool had been shut down and just opened the last night of our stay so the water was cold, but the hot tub was great.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels
Kschatzl, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Hot Springs, responded to this reviewResponded 1 April 2014

Thank you for sharing your experience at our hotel on TripAdvisor. We certainly appreciate the feedback and the kind comments. We are very pleased that you enjoyed the friendliness and attentiveness of our team members, the cleanliness of the hotel and the quality of our food and beverage offerings. We especially appreciate your visiting our very own Spa Botanica and we are glad that the massage you received ranks among the best you have ever experienced. I will be sure to pass along your kind words. Thank you again.

Reviewed 31 March 2014

walking distance to the Hot Spring Bath Row, near many attraction. This is really big hotel, with large breakfast area. As with other Embassy Suites, great interior lay out with mini garden. Can beat the breakfast. Staff was nice and easy check in.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family

Thank you being our guest and thank you very much for the 5 star review. We are very pleased that you enjoyed our hotel's location, our beautiful Atrium and the service that our team provided. We hope that you will return often. Thank you again for sharing your experience on TripAdvisor.

Reviewed 30 March 2014

Just got back. State of the art elevators, mattress rivals my at home, fantastic staff with shuttle and Managers Reception make this a winner. I won't stay anywhere else in Hot Springs. Go to Brand X for half the price and get excuses instead of working elevators and ice machines to go along with disappearing or grumpy staff along with a cheap mattress. I want a good nights sleep on a good mattress and I got it here. They have the same bartender as last time working the M. R. and he's amazing. This is a well run place.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends

Thanks so much for your repeat visit to our hotel and for another nice review. We appreciate your kind remarks and we are glad that you appreciate the value that Embassy Suites provides. I will be sure to share your review with our team including Craig our Complimentary Evening Reception Bartender who took care of you when you were here two years ago as well.

Reviewed 29 March 2014

Absolutely terrible customer experience from the moment we walked in after a 4 hour drive, and I'm in hot springs often. We clearly made the wrong decision. I imagine a motel 6 could have provided a better experience than you guys did your me and my group of 8. Maybe the customer experience isn't something the hot springs embassy values, but going forward in done with anyone associated with embassy- specifically at the hot springs location.

• Stayed: March 2014
1  Thank Eeeee86
Kschatzl, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Hot Springs, responded to this reviewResponded 2 April 2014

I am very sorry that we were not able to provide you with the quality of services that you expect and deserve. This is not typical of our hotel and staff, and we are sorry that we let the ball drop. We are always looking for ways to improve our guest experience. Your complete satisfaction is very important to us and we try to make sure all of our guests have a rewarding stay. Thank you again for your feedback and we hope that you will consider providing us another opportunity to be of service to you.