This was our last hotel on a 10 day motorcycle trip from TX to NC and back. 10 states in 10 days, 3,000 miles. It should have been the nicest hotel? It was certainly the most beautiful. But the service was comically bad.
We tried to check in at 5:30pm . . . but our room wasn't ready. They told us 30 minutes, but at 6:00 our room STILL wasn't ready. As an apology, Olivia at the front desk offered us 4 free drinks from the bar? But we don't drink - several of us are in recovery. She had nothing to say to that, and no other offer either.
Hey, but we could maybe go up to the spa, get massages while we wait? So I go back up to the desk and ask for a spa menu. Chris doesn't have one, but he suggests that I go up to the spa on the second floor and get one myself. Thanks for your help, Chris. So yes, I do go up to the spa on the second floor to get my own spa menu . . . but the spa is closed, doors locked, and the lettering on the door clearly states that they close at 4:00 on Sundays. The spa closed 2 HOURS before Chris sent me up there. The spa was closed before I even arrived at the hotel.
So we leave . . . go walk around Hot Springs, and have a truly delightful meal at Granny's Kitchen. When we get back to the hotel around 8:30, Chris meets us at the desk as we're attempting to check in, again. He apologizes for sending me up to the closed spa, but justifies it by saying that the spa "closed early" that day, and "no one had informed" him. Seriously? I was so completely stunned by his lack of responsibility (just an "I'm sorry" would have been better.) that I just walked away.
We FINALLY get to our room to find 2 of the SMALLEST "queen-sized" beds we've ever seen. We clearly stated that 4 adults were staying there, but there were only 3 towels in the bathroom, we had to call for more. There was only enough coffee for 2 people, so we had to call for more of that too.
Do yourself a favor . . . stay somewhere else.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Come explore the beauty Hot Springs at the Embassy Suites Hot Springs!Centrally located in the heart of Hot Springs, we offer easy access to all the destinations and beauty that this city has to offer! Come explore Hot Springs National Park, downtown Hot Springs, The Gangster Museum of America, Oaklawn Racing & Gaming, Garvan Woodland Gardens, and Magic Springs Amusement Park!Our 2-room suite hotel offers separate dining and living areas, 24 hour business center, free cooked-to-order breakfast, and complimentary drinks at our nightly Manager's Reception. We also offer one of the premier spa facilities at Spa Botanica. Need some meeting space? We are also directly connected to Summit Arena and Hot Springs Convention Center! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Hilton Hotels Direct, Travel Republic (UK), Odigeo, TravelUp, Evoline ltd, Traveltool, S.L.U. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Embassy Suites by Hilton Hot Springs reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Embassy Suites Hot Springs Hotel Hot Springs
- Hot Springs Embassy Suites