“Comically poor.”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Justin, TX
“Comically poor.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 June 2014

This was our last hotel on a 10 day motorcycle trip from TX to NC and back. 10 states in 10 days, 3,000 miles. It should have been the nicest hotel? It was certainly the most beautiful. But the service was comically bad.
We tried to check in at 5:30pm . . . but our room wasn't ready. They told us 30 minutes, but at 6:00 our room STILL wasn't ready. As an apology, Olivia at the front desk offered us 4 free drinks from the bar? But we don't drink - several of us are in recovery. She had nothing to say to that, and no other offer either.
Hey, but we could maybe go up to the spa, get massages while we wait? So I go back up to the desk and ask for a spa menu. Chris doesn't have one, but he suggests that I go up to the spa on the second floor and get one myself. Thanks for your help, Chris. So yes, I do go up to the spa on the second floor to get my own spa menu . . . but the spa is closed, doors locked, and the lettering on the door clearly states that they close at 4:00 on Sundays. The spa closed 2 HOURS before Chris sent me up there. The spa was closed before I even arrived at the hotel.
So we leave . . . go walk around Hot Springs, and have a truly delightful meal at Granny's Kitchen. When we get back to the hotel around 8:30, Chris meets us at the desk as we're attempting to check in, again. He apologizes for sending me up to the closed spa, but justifies it by saying that the spa "closed early" that day, and "no one had informed" him. Seriously? I was so completely stunned by his lack of responsibility (just an "I'm sorry" would have been better.) that I just walked away.
We FINALLY get to our room to find 2 of the SMALLEST "queen-sized" beds we've ever seen. We clearly stated that 4 adults were staying there, but there were only 3 towels in the bathroom, we had to call for more. There was only enough coffee for 2 people, so we had to call for more of that too.
Do yourself a favor . . . stay somewhere else.

Room Tip: all the rooms open up onto the atrium, so they are all loud all night.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
3 Thank DeeMZ5
Kschatzl, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Hot Springs, responded to this review, 30 June 2014
We are very sorry that we were not able to provide you with the quality of services you deserve. This is not typical of our hotel and staff, and we are sorry that we let the ball drop. We are always looking for ways to improve our guest experience and we will certainly use your experience in our training activities. Your satisfaction is very important to us and we try hard to make sure all of our guests have a rewarding stay. We are also very sorry you were unhappy with the size of our full size beds. We understand they are not queen size and I am sorry if there was a miscommunication in that regard. Thank you again for your valuable feedback. If you are ever in our area again I hope you will consider giving us another chance so that we may provide you with the level of service you expect and deserve.

Kurt Schatzl

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (157)
Washington, DC
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 June 2014

The housekeeping staff at this hotel are AMAZING!! I accidentally left an expensive watch in the room upon checkout and housekeeping turned it in to the Lost & Found and when I called, they mailed it back to me at my home. They should be highly commended for their honesty and professionalism!!!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Thank you very much for posting such a nice review on TripAdvisor. Our housekeeping team works very hard and it gives me great pleasure to see them recognized for their outsdanding effort and for the importance their role is in taking care of our guests before, during and after their stay. Thank you again and we hope to be of service to you again in the near future.

Kurt Schatzl,
Arkansas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 June 2014

Once again, I was not disappointed in this great hotel chain...our room was very nice an comfy, the staff was always help (tell David I said Hello!), my grandkids totally enjoyed the pool and complimentary breakfast each morning...Keep doing what you're doing! Enjoyed my three night stay!

Room Tip: The pool is on the second floor if you have children!
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Kschatzl, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Hot Springs, responded to this review, 28 June 2014
Thank you for once again choosing Embassy Suites. We are very glad that you enjoyed your 3 day stay with your grandchildren and we appreciate your sharing your positive experience on TripAdvisor. We also pleased that your grandchildren enjoy the pool and the complimentary breakfast and we are pleased that your suite was nice and comfortable. We hope to be of service to you again in the near future.

Avoca AR, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 June 2014

I really enjoyed my stay at this Hotel. The room was clean the service was great. I specifically enjoyed the Complimentary breakfast and the evening Manager Reception. The staff was very friendly, polite and helpful. I would recommend this stay to any of my friends and family.

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Kschatzl, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Hot Springs, responded to this review, 27 June 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your comments on TripAdvisor. We are very pleased that you very satisfied with all aspects of your stay and that you indicated that you would recommend our hotel to your family and friends. Thank you also for sharing specific comments about your clean suite, our free breakfast, our complimentary evening reception and our friendly and poilite staff. Our team will be very excited to see this nice review. Thank you again and we hope to be of service to you again soon.

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 June 2014

I expect this is one of the nicer hotels based on what we saw in the area. Conveniently located 5 min walk to promenade, Bath House row and the National park. Free breakfast and the evening reception where nice, as is customary at Embassy Suites.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Kschatzl, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Hot Springs, responded to this review, 25 June 2014
Thank you for staying with us and thank you for sharing your excellent getaway on TripAdvisor. We are pleased that you enjoyed our convenienent downtown location and our free made to order breakfast and complimentary evening reception. We look forward for an opportunity to be of service to you in the future.

Jonesboro, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2014

The hotel is very nice, but the rooms are too hot at night to be comfortable. I lowered the thermostat, but the temperature never changed. I booked 3 rooms for this trip, and the guests in those rooms complained that they were also unable to sleep well because the room was hot.

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Kschatzl, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Hot Springs, responded to this review, 18 June 2014
Thank you for staying with us recently while attending a conference in Hot Springs and thank you for the review. We do appreciate the feedback. I am sorry that your suite was too warm. Typically our Air Conditioning system is very reliable and if a particular unit is not cooling properly, the situation can be remedied quickly. I am sorry that we did not resolve the issue for you. Our AC units blow 54-55 degree air and our guests have control of the temperature. Please be sure to let us know if you should ever have trouble of any kind in the future and we will be sure to the issue as quickly as we can.

Helena, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 June 2014

While my numerous stays at this particular hotel have always been extremely pleasant, the most recent trip was a poor experience. There was a cheer camp staying at the hotel, so it was very noisy, as you can imagine! Additionally, there was routine maintenance of both the lobby and parking lot, which made parking and entrance very inconvenient.

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Kschatzl, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Hot Springs, responded to this review, 16 June 2014
Thank you for staying with us again this year for your annual conference and thank you for sharing your experience on TripAdvisor. We do appreciate all the comments we receive and strive to improve from them. We value all of our group and convention clients and strive to meet all their needs. I can report to you that your annual convention will not be held at the same time as the cheer competition next year so we should be able to provide the 'usual wonderful' experience you have come to expect. We actually did not plan on completing two improvement projects during the same week, but Mother Nature had other plans. Our parking lot was half complete the week before your visit and then eight straight days of rain changed the completion date. Both those improvement projects are now complete. We are sorry for the inconvenience they caused. We do have more improvements on the way, but not any that would cause significant disruptions to our guests. We appreciate your continued patronage of our hotel and we hope to be of service to you again.