“A very nice place to stay with family!” 4 of 5 bubbles

Embassy Suites by Hilton Hot Springs
Ranked #2 of 44 Hotels in Hot Springs
GreenLeadersBronze level
Southlake, Texas
“A very nice place to stay with family!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 July 2014 via mobile

We stayed here before we went to lake oauchita. It is in a good location, close to shops and eating. The historic bath houses are 2 blocks over. An easy walk. The breakfast was good with a lot to offer. The hotel was busy while we were there. We didn't have any problems while we were there. Very friendly ppl there. Nice happy hour as well. Great for families.

Stayed July 2014
1 Thank Loreelou
Kschatzl, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Hot Springs, responded to this review, 21 July 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience on TripAdvisor. We are very pleased that your stay worked out well for your family before heading to beautiful Lake Ouachita. Thank you for mentioning our nice breakfast and 2 hour complimentary reception as well as our convenient location to downtown and the lakes. We hope to be of service to you again.

Kurt Schatzl

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (156)
Newport, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 July 2014

I had the pleasure of staying at the Embassy Suites in Hot Springs, AR and loved the beautiful views of the mountains from my room. I could also see the mountain tower of Hot Springs. I plan on bringing my family on my next visit in August 2014.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Thank you for staying with us and thank you very much for the five star review. We are very pleased that you enjoyed your suite with the nice view of the mountain and the Mountain Tower in Hot Springs National Park. We look forward to your return trip with your family in August.

Pittsburgh, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 July 2014

Have stayed here many times on business. Every time has been an excellent experience. Both the quality of the hotel and the service have always been extremely good. One of the better hotels I've stayed at on my many business trip around the country. Consistently excellent service in all areas.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Kschatzl, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Hot Springs, responded to this review, 16 July 2014
Thank you so much for your continued loyalty and patronage of our hotel and thank you for the excellent review. We are so very pleased that you have always found our hotel and the service we provide to be excellent, and to compare so favorably to all the hotels you stay at across the country. We hope to be your hotel of choice in Hot Springs for years to come.

Nacogdoches
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 July 2014

I stayed 2 nights July 7 & 8. Upon arrival, I was treated very rudely by Anna to the point I wanted to cancel my reservation. I will not go into specifics as to all that transpired with her because the manager took care of it, but I wanted to mention her name because supposedly she is not normally like that. I hope other reviewers confirm or deny it. I'm trying to be fair about my review because I had many complaints. Someone was smoking on the 8th floor and it was creeping into my room in the middle of the night. They switched our rooms the next morning. After coming back from town though, our keys no longer worked and we had to get them rescanned. Then our toilet wouldn't flush properly. The manager addressed these problems head-on and really tried to make it right which to me shows that it's a good company. Also, except for the rude worker everyone else was kind and tried to make up for our bad experience (Marie & Curtis especially). So I can't give too negative of a review on service because of one grouch while the rest were gems. My two rooms were both extremely clean.

My big complaint is valet parking! The shuttle driver is also the valet attendant so he can be gone for huge chunks of time. The valet service isn't a true valet service either. It's a partial day only kind. I prefer a valet service you can call at any hour to get your car like if you want to leave early.

My advice is that if you have any problems at all, tell management. They really did try to fix everything and make our stay enjoyable. The hotel was clean and better than most in the area. They just need a new parking lot and a full time valet service.

2 Thank Ahaynes88
Thank you for staying with us and thank you for the feedback. We do value all the feedback we receive even when it is not all good news. I am sorry that you had issues and I can assure you that we have addressed them to the best of our ability. I am glad that you were please with our response and that you were pleased with the cleanliness of our suites and the gems (especially Marie and Curtis) that you encountered on our team. I am sorry the valet was not immediately available. We do offer full valet service and you can call ahead at anytime and we will retrieve your vehicle in a timely manner. There are times when during slow periods only one Bellman is scheduled and other times when 2, 3 or 4 our scheduled based on anticipated volume. We also have several trained back-up valets (such as myself) that can be called to assist with valet parking. Thank you again for your fair review and feedback. I enjoyed meeting you while you were here and hope that you will give us a try again if you are ever back in Hot Springs.

Texas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2014

We stayed here over 4th of July weekend and were overrun by a massive family reunion of about 250 people. They seemed to command the attention of most of the staff due to the volume of their group, and as a result, we didn't get very good service. The free breakfast and happy hour were great perks, but the lines were so ridiculous for the happy hour, you could probably only get 1 drink within the 2 hour window. Our room had a great view, but the pillow cases were stained, we had flies and spiders in our room, and we felt the room was dirty as a whole. We contacted the hotel upon leaving addressing some concerns, and TJ and Kurt were very pleasant to deal with and handled our issues in a manner that I think was fair. We didn't hear any hallway noise or doors slamming like often happens at hotels, so that was a plus. The bottom line is there are no "luxury" hotels in Hot Springs, they are all pretty old and run down - but next time I think we'd stay at the Arlington or somewhere else on Central Ave more convenient to the shops and baths. You can walk there from the Embassy Suites but have to walk through a very seedy neighborhood to get there. Also, they charge $10 a day for Wifi...

Room Tip: Ask for a mountain view on the 9th floor. Great view of the mountain tower
Green Features: They only change the linens every 3 days, unless you request otherwise...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank TripsAh0y
Kschatzl, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Hot Springs, responded to this review, 15 July 2014
Thank you for staying with us over the busy 4th of July Holiday and thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We do appreciate your comments and have made some improvements as a result of them. I appreciate your bringing your concerns to our attention while you were our guest and I am pleased that we were able to handle them in a fair and pleasant manner. We hope you will come back soon so we can create an excellent experience for you. When school goes back in session we have a brief serenity season with great summer weather that is an excellent time to enjoy all that Hot Springs and Embassy Suites has to offer.

Clinton, Arkansas, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 July 2014 via mobile

Nice hotel but needs to add wifi to guest rooms. This is a main hotel for the convention center in Hot Springs. Doesn't make sense not to have wifi available in rooms when they have so many business guests.

2 Thank Cheryl H
Kschatzl, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Hot Springs, responded to this review, 10 July 2014
Thank you for staying with us and thank you for the review. If you have stayed with us in years past you remember that we only had wired internet access in our suites. In 2013 we added Wifi to all of our suites and public areas of the hotel including the pool, Spa Botanica, Bistro 400 and Cascades piano bar. We hope you will enjoy the service the next time you are in Hot Springs.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 July 2014 via mobile

Breakfast was great and free every morning. Room was clean and cool and staff was very nice. The only thing that could have improved was the food from the Bistro but I have to say we did order room service a bit late?

• 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for sharing your Great Experience on TripAdvisor. We appreciate your nice comments about our staff and we are very pleased that you enjoyed a clean and cool suite and your complimentary made to order breakfast. We hope you will return often.