“Big Hotel in Small Town”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Hot Springs
Ranked #2 of 45 Hotels in Hot Springs
GreenLeadersBronze level
Boston
“Big Hotel in Small Town”
Reviewed 15 June 2009

Hot Springs is a cute historic town and the Embassy Suits offers the comforts of a big hotel within walking distance of the Historic downtown. The hotel features a large atrium in the center of the hotel that allows all guests to look down at all the action when they exit their room.

I stayed in a nice two room suite that was clean and nicely appointed. I was traveling for work and used the internet access. One complaint I have across the board for the Hilton Family of hotels is that there is no wireless service. and you have to pay $10 a day to access the internet.

I ate in the hotel and met a great bar tender named Craig he filled me in the town history and places of interests a great ambassador for both Hot Springs and the hotel. My meal was good not great but was convenient.

One complaint I have is after working for the day I came back to the room around 3pm to find my room had not been clean yet. While I was doing some work on the computer the housekeeper came by to see if I wanted it cleaned. As I was working and didn't want to be disturbed I passed, but needless to say I was disapointed that it hadn't been completed before I returned.

All in all a big hotel that has everything, food, drinks, spa, and pool all located in quick walk to everything hot springs has to offer.

• Stayed June 2009, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (161)
Monroe, Louisiana
Reviewed 12 May 2009

This was a great place to stay, the room was large enough to accomodate our brood and we loved the extensive choices that was able to satisfy 6 picky eaters the next morning (the children come by their picky ways naturally). What a marvelous selection of fresh fruit and hot teas! Loved the late hours of the pool (and we were on the same floor as the pool)! This place was within easy walking distance of Bathhouse Row and several restaurants (they also have one onsite but we wanted to try the German restaurant). We walked down there after checking in, at 8:00 p.m. with no problems at all. Delightful stay!

• Stayed April 2009, travelled with family
1 Thank cnh624
KY
Reviewed 16 April 2009

Stayed 4 nights on business with husband and 2 yr old. Room was gorgeous, roomy, well equipped. Staff was always helpful and friendly. Indoor pool was clean and roomy. Great atrium area. Best part is the complimentary breakfast served in the atrium. Omelet bar, hot food, cereal, fruit, juice, you name it, they fix it. I would stay here again for sure. Seems that all Embassy Suites are run this way. Great hotel chain. Spend the extra $$, it's well worth it.

• Stayed January 2009, travelled on business
Kansas
Reviewed 22 March 2009

My family of five spent two nights here and were VERY comfortable. They had a nice pool, comfortable beds, very clean rooms and the nicest bellmen I've seen in a while. My only complaint would be the "herd" that crowded around the breakfast buffet - we decided to skip it the second day- but I guess that's not exactly the hotel's fault anyway.

• Stayed March 2009, travelled with family
Tennessee
Reviewed 21 March 2009

My husband and I decided to go to Hot Springs for a little get-a-way during the week of St. Patrick's Day. We had the best time! There were so many different things to do and the area is simply beautiful and relaxing. The hotel was great. Great food, staff, room, atmosphere...what more can I ask for, right??? That bed was the worst thing I have ever slept on! It is time for upgrades in that hotel! First, all the bedding was so uncomfortable I thought I was sleeping on Dollar Tree bedding! Second, The mattress felt like something from 1982! It would sink in the middle and was higher on the edges. Last, the pillows made my head hurt! I would go back to that hotel in a heartbeat...after they change the beds and bedding!

• Stayed March 2009, travelled as a couple
Brooklyn, New York
Reviewed 10 March 2009

Being able to walk to all of downtown Hot Springs's attractions was the main reason I selected the Embassy Suites, and, indeed, within a few minutes I was able to reach all of them. The interior atrium is alluring (as are the $1 drinks at the bar every day at happy hour), and the huge breakfast spread kept me full for half the day. My room was huge, spotless, and comfortable. Onsite parking was abundant, and the 80-minute massage at the onsite Botanica Spa was pure pleasure. The large restaurant, Bistro 400, served my very tasty dinner of wild mushroom soup, a mixed salad, steak, garlic mashed potatoes, and mixed vegetables with aplomb.

• Stayed November 2008, travelled solo
Austin, Texas
Reviewed 25 February 2009

Just got back from a conference in Hot Springs. Ditto what ripplesguy says-- the folks at ES are super nice. Emma in housekeeping was so friendly; "Momma" in the breakfast area made me want to give her a hug, she was so nice. Nick checked us in and was very accommodating when we needed another room. He tried very hard to find us the best rate available for that room. Mario gave me a lift on the shuttle to Walgreens- no waiting, no hassle, no problem. He was very friendly too! Terry, the manager, is exceptional!! He went WAY out of his way to make sure a crowd of conference-attendees were happy and enjoying their stay. Terry is super-great!

The ES also has a small fitness center- a little cramped but nice nonetheless. There are a few treadmills and a couple of ellipticals. A nice rack of free weights and small area to stretch. It was quite cramped when there were others there, but not so bad that I didn't return. I am really glad they had the free weights. The pool area was pretty- and there is a nice hot tub there too. Didn't try the spa.

The Bistro seemed quite empty most of the time, but I LOVED the Mediterranean Chicken salad- very nice and fresh tasting- lots of yummy black olives. I liked it so much I ordered it the very next day at lunch!

Bed was comfortable and it was a little hard to get the temperature right at first, but finally found the right temp. ES is connected to the convention area which is extremely convenient. It's also close to downtown which was fun. I wish the internet was free ($9.95 per day even in the lobby). Ugh. But the breakfast and HHour was very good.

All in all- I would come back here again. I was really missing my family but these nice people made me feel so welcome and less homesick.

• Stayed February 2009, travelled on business