“Very Good For Kids!”

Mid-America Science Museum
Ranked #8 of 82 things to do in Hot Springs
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: The mission of Mid-America Science Museum is to stimulate interest in science, to promote public understanding of the sciences, and to encourage life-long science education through interactive exhibits and programs. The Museum also serves as a premier tourism attraction in Arkansas. The purpose of Mid-America Science Museum is to explain scientific knowledge and concepts to the public through interactive exhibits, activities, workshops, and educational programs. The Museum seeks to stimulate a lifelong interest in science, spark curiosity, reshape attitudes and stir the imagination. Our goal is informal science education that encourages learning in ways not ordinarily found in the workplace, classroom, or home. To achieve this purpose, the Museum will maintain the highest standards in providing quality exhibits, programs, and services for students, citizens, and visitors to Arkansas.
Useful Information: Activities for young children, Stairs / lift, Food available for purchase, Activities for older children, Bathroom facilities, Wheelchair access
Reviewed 25 June 2014

My grandson, ages 8 & 10 were totally amazed at everything in this museum. Definitely caters to children and science! Good value and well worth going to see!

cara m, Public Relations Manager at Mid-America Science Museum, responded to this reviewResponded 30 June 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review your time here at Mid-America Science Museum. All feedback is greatly appreciated!! I am so glad you enjoyed your visit and I do hope you come back again SOON!

Reviewed 18 June 2014 via mobile

Mid America is a fun, all hands on discovery place for children and adults. More for children. Its a great way to spend an afternoon. They are closing soon- for a complete renovation- so go this summer to see the large Amazon exhibit. I hope the renovation adds more- as this is a great place already. Go see it. Cost is about 30.00 for 2 kids and one adult....

Thank you for taking the time to review your trip to Mid-America Science Museum! All feedback is greatly appreciated! I am so glad that you enjoyed your time and I do hope you come again soon! And yes, the renovation will ad TONS of new things! We are so excited!

Reviewed 14 June 2014

We have been here several times before but this was our worst visit yet. It might be due to the fact that we have been before or that we didn't have any young children with us. We did have a first timer with us and he seemed to enjoy it some but he was not overly impressed with it. They have plans to do some remodeling and updating starting in August 2014. Hopefully it will be much better after the redo. They now charge for the Tesla attraction which in the past was free. That was one of the attractions we liked best. For sure it is an attraction that is in need of a refreshing.

Hello and thank you for taking the time to review your trip! All feedback is greatly appreciated! The Tesla show is always a favorite for so many! I am glad you enjoyed it. The renovation will give us the fresh new look that we need and along with that comes new and exciting exhibits! I do hope you will come check it out! Thanks again!

Reviewed 10 June 2014

So much fun! I went with my best friend and we are both adults. No one minded us jumping around and playing with all the wonderful discovery toys even though we were clearly older than the intended audience at some displays. Wear ear plugs to the Tesla display (no to be missed) and have a wonderful time!

Thanks for taking the time to review your time with us! All feedback is greatly appreciated!!! I am so glad that you guys enjoyed your time and especially that you got to enjoy the Tesla show. It is loud, no doubt, but it is SO cool! We are grateful to have it!! Thanks again for the feedback. Come back and see us soon!

Reviewed 9 June 2014

Overall the museum was great. We visit the museum everytime we are in Hot Springs.

The new exhibits were really neat. The whole family enjoyed those and some old favorites.

We were disappointed that the summer feature exhibit had only been open a week and had many parts of it that weren't working.

We will be visiting again.

cara m, Public Relations Manager at Mid-America Science Museum, responded to this reviewResponded 9 July 2014

Thank you for your review! All feedback is greatly appreciated.
I am so glad that you enjoyed your visit and I do hope you come back again soon!!

As for the new exhibit, I do apologize. When we set up new exhibits it does take a while to get everything working as it should. I apologize for any inconvenience.