“Great intimate atmosphere”

Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: Italian/American
Reviewed 30 June 2014

We "splurged" one night during our vacation in Hot Springs and dined at Luna Bella. It's off Central Ave, south of downtown Hot Springs. We'd pass by the sign for the restaurant every day when leaving or returning to our resort on Lake Hamilton. Don't trust your GPS, though, because it led us astray! It's tucked away in a small strip mall/plaza behind another building.

Upon entering the busy establishment, we were immediately greeted by the owner. He was extremely friendly and shook our hands to welcome us. In fact, everyone there was super friendly and provided excellent service.

The interior is pretty dark and intimate. We were seated by the one streetlight in there and I wished that the whole inside was filled with these streetlights to make you feel like you're dining al fresco on an Italian evening.

To try something unique that I hadn't had before, I ordered the Avocado Shrimp Fettuccini. I had never had avocado in a pasta dish before. I love avocado, and while it was good, I don't think I'd order avocado with pasta again. I kind of wished I had ordered something else, but I'm glad I tried it. The red wine I ordered was delicious and filled pretty high for a glass of wine (thanks!).

We had a great time and I'd recommend Luna Bella for a nice, quiet, Italian experience in Hot Springs.

Reviewed 28 June 2014 via mobile

We ate here last year when we picked up our kids from camp. Now we're dropping them off again tomorrow and decided to visit again.

Great host and hostess, greet you at the door and welcome you to the restaurant. Service was very efficient without being overbearing. The bartender even taught me how to make a drink so I could re-create it (probably not) at home.

Great Calamari and a wide variety of mostly Italian dishes. Don't mistake this for a run of the mill Italian place-it is far superior with great attention to detail.

I had the Osso Bucco. Extremely tender. My wife and kids had a variety of pasta dishes and enjoyed them all.

I've eaten at quite a few (not all) of the restaurants in Hot Springs and this place tops them all. Not even close.

Reviewed 25 June 2014

My husband and I visited this lovely establishment on a recent Friday night without making reservations and were promptly greeted and seated…a surprise for sure! Also surprising was the increased noise level in the restaurant from previous visits. We had to raise our voices to have conversation at our table in a corner, it was difficult to hear the waitress, and made the rather expensive experience less than satisfying for me this time.

However, when it comes to food and presentation, this is still a five-star restaurant. I tried a pasta dish for the first time and loved it. My husband stuck with the tried and true shrimp cocktail (could be a meal the shrimp are so huge), delicious warm cabbage salad, and scallops with risotto-always awesome. Service from our waitress was excellent…prompt but not overbearing. Would be hard for her to talk to us much anyway.

Luna Bella has been my number one choice in Hot Springs for a couple of years, but after this, has dropped to at least #3. I hope by writing this review, the owners will consider some soundproofing. All the hard surfaces in the room are attractive, but make for a less than elegant evening. It felt more like being in a noisy bar.

Cindy K, Owner at Luna Bella, responded to this reviewResponded 28 June 2014

Thanks for your great review. We have looked into many things to help with the noise. But very unsuccessful I've heard excuses from people I have hired like the ceilings are too low, put in carpet on floor and the walls. I'm not putting carpet on the walls or on the floor it's dirty. I would love some suggestions from you on how to help. We've been trying to figure this out for 2 years. Everyone has a suggestion but when I look into it then it can't be done. Please please help me if you have knowledge in this area. I would appreciate your suggestion. I do appreciate your business and very much your review. I do listen to my customers. Thanks so much. Hope to hear from you and see you again

Reviewed 22 June 2014

I wish I could tell you the cut, had to be the best. My steak was done to perfection and such a wonderful flavor and texture. If you haven't tried the Shrimp Cocktail, you are in for a surprise. HUGE Shrimp and delicious and not fishy.

Reviewed 9 June 2014

A little dark and sometimes loud, this is a hidden jewel located in a metal building behind a strip center. But forget about the exterior. Luna Bella is a 5-star Italian restaurant offering an imaginative culinary adventure. Not authentic Italian, but 'creative' Italian. From their seafood and steaks to their craft martinis and small but serious wine list, this is the best place to eat in HS. The owners treat you like family and have an attentive, well-trained team in place. They showcase southern hospitality at it's best. Make reservations - you will need them!

1  Thank DNAW