“A Piece of History”

Ranked #2 of 273 Restaurants in Hot Springs
Price range: US$5 - US$12
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub
Good for: Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Bar Scene, Cheap Eats
Dining options: Drinks, After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff
Description: Arkansas' oldest bar. Step back in history and have a drink where the likes of Al Capone, Lucky Luciano, Al Jolson, Mae West and a host of others have. We have won People Choice awards for our Hamburgers and our Reubens have been reported to be the best they have ever had. We keep our menu simple but high quality. We have live music 7 nights a week with Blues on Wednesday nights, Jazz on Thursday night and classic rock on the weekends. The Ohio Club Players are our house band and have been a Hot Springs favorite. Non smoking and open at 11am every day until 2am.
tripadvisor
“A Piece of History”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 July 2014

We stopped by for drinks but the food smelled fantastic! We loved the history in the pictures on the wall along with the beautiful architecture of the building.

1 Thank 4mommag

Little Rock, AR
“Very good lunch”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 July 2014 via mobile

Great service, good food and incredible history makes for a wonderful lunch experience. I had a good burger and my wife had a good salad with grilled chicken. Nothing fancy, just good basic food. Certainly will be back.

Pensacola, Florida
“Lots of History, Best Bar and Grill in Hot Springs”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 July 2014

This is the place...its been here for 110 years...really it has! Great stories, great history...lots of great food and drinks and a great staff. Best Bartenders in Hot Springs...they new how to make a PERFECT Oatmeal Cookie without looking it up! This is a great place to hang out in Hot Springs, live entertainment, clean restrooms, simple, easy going fun! Service was fast and the bar was packed! We recommend this place to anyone...if you're visiting Hot Springs...check this one out!

• Visited July 2014
Hot Springs, Arkansas
“What a Beaut”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 July 2014

This place has great burgers! I've been here twice since moving. Once during the lunch hour and it was a great place to grab a bite, our server was a little rough around the edges but I'm pretty sure she was new.

I came here on a Friday night as well and experienced an entirely different Ohio Club. Live music and a full crowd scene of people my age (which I haven't seen since moving here outside of Maxine's).

As a former bartender, I can appreciate the beauty of this bar and the rich history of the establishment as well. The guy behind the bar was for lack of a better word, a douche. He treated my family and I as if we were ungrateful youth who weren't worth his time, probably because he thought we weren't going to tip, but I guess I'd assume the same too of people in our age bracket.

In summary: This is a great bar to check out and they have awesome eats. Rich in history, beautiful surrounding, awesome live music.

Just don't expect the most amazing staff, or maybe you should and I just got a rough few. Either way, check it out!

Visited June 2014
Michael1905, Owner at Ohio Club, responded to this review, 15 July 2014
Thank you so much for the nice review. We do take attitude along with service very seriously. We have fixed the problem. We hope to see you again. Mike.
Dallas, Texas
“A Neat Place”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2014

Food and service was great! A interesting restaurant be sure to read the history on how they got the bar into the building!