“Nice hike in the middle of town”

Hot Springs National Park
Ranked #9 of 81 things to do in Hot Springs
Reviewed 19 May 2014

We enjoyed the short but steep hike to the top and took the elevator to the top of the observation tower. The view was spectacular from the top. We visited the bath houses and small shops on bath house row. It was a nice stroll. We really enjoyed all the small mom & pop stores and cafes along the way.

Reviewed 18 May 2014

Hot Springs National Park is the smallest in the National Park System. I wasn't really there for a NPS experience, I was there to see my cousin, so I didn't mind the lack of pizazz that a lot of the other National Parks have. We had a great day hike of about 6 miles over trails ranging from easy to moderate, and all trails seem to lead to town, where refreshments await. The campsites seem to be well maintained and the ranger staff, like everyone I met in Hot Springs, were really friendly. I had a great time, but if you're looking for a boffo NPS adventure, Hot Springs may not be for you.

Reviewed 7 May 2014

This national park is unique in several respects. It's the only national park I know of in the middle of town. The history of the facilities and the springs provided alot of insights into the culture of our country during Victorian times. And our ability to examine the sights up close, walking inside and around the grounds, helped my family and me better imagine the experiences of those attending the springs for medicinal, theraputic and rejuvination reasons when they were so touted.

It might sound boring, but it's really not at all. Plan on spending 11/2 hrs or so. Then, enjoy being in town. It's a really beautiful place. Can be hot in the summer, but spring and fall are ideal.

There's no admission to the park, but you need to find parking in town. I believe camping is available in part of the park, but we've not done that.

2  Thank Lon B
Reviewed 29 April 2014

I live about 2 hours from Hot Springs. It is a wonderful day trip! You can stroll up and down bath house row stopping in small shops, galleries, restaurants and get a massage. Don't forget to stop by the Howe Hotel in the Desoto Rock and gift shop. You can sluice for rare rocks and gems! It is a real treat and worth the visit!

Reviewed 28 April 2014

Very beautiful park in the middle of the city. Take the roads up to see all of the great views down. We did not go up the tower but we tooks pics from as far up as we could. Certainly worth the hour that we were here!!!