“Wonderfully relaxing!”

Tunica, Mississippi
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Wonderfully relaxing!”
Reviewed 1 June 2014

4 of us called the spa in the morning and they were able to fit us all in at 1:45. 3 of us got massages, ( one light, one medium & now deep tissue ) and one got a facial. We were all very pleased! I got the deep tissue massage and John was the best masseuse I have ever had. All employees were very cordial yet professional. GREAT experience!!!

Visited May 2014
1 Thank Bibbpartyoftwo

4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Love the massage. Hated the nails job!!!”
Reviewed 9 June 2013 via mobile

Massages were great but whoever the nail tech is, sucked. She talked a lot and seemed friendly but did a terrible job on my nails. She clipped my nails so short they were to the meat (no length whatsoever). I mean so short it resembled a nail-biters nails. Not only were my nails clipped entirely too short but they were also filed slanted. Any woman who has ever gotten a bad pedicure knows how long it can sometimes take for nails to grow back. So, on top of short AND crooked nails, there were also a million air bubbles in the polish. I know the nail techs can't help air bubbles (which I noticed upon getting into the car), but if she would've let me know the polish was old I would have been more than happy to pick a different color. I don't understand how anyone would clip nails that short AND see air bubbles and think they've done a good job--it's mind boggling. Then, before we left she asked (yes ASKED) if we were going to leave a tip. I always tip no matter where I go (not that she deserved it). My irritation level is through the roof.

Visited June 2013
1 Thank Mmjernig
Annapolis, Maryland
109 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 187 helpful votes
“Good option for Lake Hamilton area”
Reviewed 24 July 2012

Booking four of us for massages was difficult as they do not have a lot of therapists like the spas downtown Hot Springs, but the waterfront setting was nice, and closer to where we were staying. Our group couldn't get the treatments at the same time, so we split up massages and facials taking turns. The facial was fine, but I wouldn't have had one if I hadn't had to wait for the massage. Having said THAT, my deep tissue was worth the wait. My therapist was Erin, who was fabulous. She worked out all the tension in my back and legs from walking around town the previous day, which was exactly what I needed! If I return, I would ask for Erin again, skip the facial, and try one of their specialty pedicures.

Another tip: They take Spa Cards that can be bought with American Express Reward Points. I didn't know that before we went or I would have used the Points and only used cash for the tips!

Visited July 2012
3 Thank LIbbewdc
Hot Springs, Arkansas
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“A Joke”
Reviewed 9 July 2012

Wanted to have a nice, relaxing mani/pedi with my two daughters. One was having a birthday (here from Colorado), the other was getting married the next day. I called twice (from my home in California) to make sure that they had three chairs so that we could be serviced together, and was promised that that would not be a problem. When we arrived, the manager took us upstairs...there were only two chairs there and only two manicurists. They both told me that they never do more than two clients at the same time. Needless to say, I was furious. My daughters had their nails done while I kept them company. They did offer us cheese and crackers (stale). They offered to do my nails after my daughters were done, but we had last minute wedding stuff to do and couldn't spend another hour and a half there. They then had the nerve to charge me a cancellation fee because I didn't stay and have my nails done!!! Will NEVER return...am surprised they are still in business with such terrible and rude business practices. To add salt to the wound, the nail polish was peeling off by the next day's wedding! A JOKE!

Visited October 2011
7 Thank nskoggie
Arkansas
33 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 58 helpful votes
“Not worth it”
Reviewed 9 July 2012

I've had many massages, facials, and such. Six years ago, I visited here with my bridal entourage. Massages were ok, but the facial was amazing...so was the wax job. It didn't hurt and I wasn't red...even 30 minutes after the visit (usually I would be pink until the next day). I was in the area last summer, and thought of visiting again. I booked the appointment, and paid out of the rear for nothing special. I explained to them what a wonderful experience I had before and was hoping for the same or better. The facial wasn't anything special at all, and the wax job was not the same. Unfortunately I wasted my time and money.

2 Thank ellisak77