“Not Worth the Stop” 2 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #75 of 269 Restaurants in Hot Springs
Price range: US$7 - US$12
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pizza, Italian
Good for: Cheap Eats, View, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Delivery, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Television, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wine and Beer
Denton, Texas
“Not Worth the Stop”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 January 2014 via mobile

On a work trip, my coworkers and I stopped in during our lunch break. We were seated immediately. The staff was very courteous. However, it took a full 40 minutes after placing our orders to receive our food. When we did receive our food, the waitress informed us that they were out of certain menu items, and had replaced them with other items without letting us know beforehand. Personally, I don't like paying for things that I don't receive. I won't be back.

4 Thank TravelingRazorback

Louisville, Kentucky
“Traveling Through and had to have seconds!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 December 2013

We are from Kentucky and came through over the holidays to visit family. I had never used this site but thought I would give it a try. We tried a couple of restaurants listed and decided to give Sam's Restaurant a go. We went on a Friday night. The place was packed and it seemed like the staff knew everyone on a first name basis. The catfish was wonderful and the hamburgers are HUGE! There was live music and the place was really hopping. We went back Saturday evening just to have some pizza and relax before we hit the road. It wasn't as busy, but as soon as we walked in the bartender greeted us and already knew what we wanted to drink. We sat at the bar and had the absolute best thin crust pizza ever. I would highly recommend this place to anyone. Doing it right guys!!! More places like this would put chains out of business!

• Visited December 2013
Little Rock, Arkansas
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A Remarkable and Wonderful Place”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 December 2013

This title does not do Sam's Pizza justice. The owner and her staff are some of the kindest, friendliest and helpful people I have found while traveling. We were in Hot Springs for the holiday and came to Sam's on Wednesday night for the first time. The place was packed with families, music and an enjoyable atmosphere. We discovered that Sam's is known for its Thanksgiving Dinner served on Thanksgiving Day and was free for all to enjoy. Due to other obligations we were not able to make it in on Thanksgiving, but we had to come back Friday night where again it was packed, with wonderful live music. All I can say is if you haven't been to Sam's Pizza you haven't experienced what a true local, private owned restaurant has to offer. Do yourself a favor and give it a try!!! Guys you are great and we cannot wait to come back at Christmas!!!! And I almost forgot, the place is decorated with wonderful decorations for Christmas. Looks GREAT!!!

• Visited November 2013
Little Rock, AR
“Family, Friends and FUN.. the three F's of Hot Springs”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 November 2013

This local spot is the best place I have visited in years. It is family owned and family friendly. Yes there is a bar, but the owner and employees try to make everyone feel at home. The pizza is amazing and the burgers are the best I have ever had anywhere.... even better than I make at home... There is always something going on at this place. I have been on several different days and though there are different people it is always great food and great service.. keep in mind this is not a five star white linen restaurant.. these folks know what it takes and are doing it.. way to go guys!!!!!!!

• Visited November 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Feels like your family”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 October 2013

Off the beat and path but worth the trip. By land or lake this spot is a must stop. Great pizza, catfish, or steak specials. My favoritw is lunch though. The club sandwich with homemade kettle chips yum. Most of all the entire staff made me feel like family.

• Visited October 2013