“Great food, horrible customer service.”
Review of Stubby's BBQ

Stubby's BBQ
Ranked #52 of 278 Restaurants in Hot Springs
Cuisines: Barbecue
Good for: Child-friendly, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch
Reviewed 13 July 2014

Before I write about the customer service, please understand the food here is amazing. We had BBQ brisket baked potatoes and they were amazing. Now, the customer service was horrible. We had six total people in our group, 2 adults and 4 kids and we were eating on a Friday afternoon after lunch time so there were a total of about 5 people in the building besides us. When I told the lady at the cash register what we were ordering for drinks she sighed heavily, waited about 15 seconds, and then proceeded to make our drinks. As she was making them she told me that Stubby's really wasn't a place for kids. She complained about people always coming in asking for chicken strips and other things they didn't serve that were normally on a kid's menu. She seemed very put out that we were even in there and it was overall a horrible customer service experience. I was disappointed because as I said in the beginning, the food was amazing, but we will not go back and wouldn't recommend it especially if you have kids.

1  Thank Aaron S

Reviewed 27 June 2014 via mobile

If you are not just absolutely starving, don't do your tastebuds and Stubby's the dishonor of coming in. We found it in Road Food which is our Bible. The smell grabs your nostrils by its two fingers and drags you in with your tongue lolling out of your mouth. The place is extremely clean with highly varnished tables. The decor is very simple but airy and spacious. The kids that waited on us were very welcoming and clean cut. Enough about that....
The food was to die for. Don't be shy about digging in with both hands. We ordered the ribs. For my sides i recieved potato salad and baked beans. The ribs were gleaming enticingly under the heating lamp. When you bite into the ribs you automatically go into food coma. Don't expect there to be a lot of conversation at your table cuz there won't be any!!!!!! The baked beans were a robust and fantasic smoky dance. The potato salad held its own against the ribs and beans making a cool oasis of creamy yet fabulous flavor. Every thing is all homemade. Don't think about askin for the recipe cuz they won't talk!!!!!

1  Thank Helen H
Reviewed 24 June 2014

We went to Stubby's BBQ on a recommendation from a local. Upon entering you have kind of a cafeteria style ordering process. Kind of like ordering at Subway. You look at the menu and they wait while you look. I must say the workers behind the counter the day we were there seemed a bit impatient. We had never been there before and were trying to look over the menu. There was not anyone behind us and we were looking quickly. I just felt rushed. I ordered a BBQ sandwich and my husband ordered a combo platter. It was a ton of food. Portion sizes are big so if you are hungry then this would be a good stop. Overall the barbecue was good. I can't say I was impressed though. It was just average. There was not anything about it that just made it stand out from countless other barbecue places we have been before. Out of all the places we ate while on vacation here this is one I will probably not return to. Not because it was bad, just because there are so many other places to try and there just wasn't anything special that makes me want to come back and eat here. My husband liked the food alright. He did not care for his sides though. The beans at Mr. Whiskers were by far more impressive. Like I said overall it was good, but just average.

2  Thank Tiffani M
Reviewed 23 June 2014

The smoke baked potato was wonderful. Really enjoyed the pork sandwich. We like Arkansas BBQ the best and Stubby's Did not disappoint. Wish I could try all of their choices.

Reviewed 10 June 2014 via mobile

I had the rib plate. Im a bbq foodie and the ribs were very good but not the best I've had. However, the beans were top notch and went back for seconds. The owner is also very friendly and if I were a local I would certainly return.