“Jester's is just as great a place as it's always been!”

No photo provided
Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar Scene
Description: Closed
Arkansas
“Jester's is just as great a place as it's always been!”
Reviewed 13 March 2009

Another reviewer complained about the drag shows hosted at Jester's, but I've never had a problem with them. The place is big enough that you don't have to sit down and watch the shows if you don't want to. As for the lack of "real men," I'm not sure what is meant, but I'm pretty sure even the drag queens are living, breathing homosexual men very similar to all the rest that attend the bar. Maybe I just enjoy going to a place with a steady clientele, where the owner can always be found mingling with the customers, and you are always recognized. I think that's reason enough to forgo draft beer for an evening...

2 Thank KevinWilk
Jeff030472, Manager at Boogies Bar & Grill, responded to this review, 18 March 2013
As the new manager of Jester's Night Club I regret that your visit wasn't up to your expectations. I can not change how the previous management operated Jester's. However, I do apologize on behalf of Jester's Night Club and I would like to assure you that I will get this establishment Straight. Jester's Night Club is no longer a gay bar.

Arkansas
“Not what a gay bar should be!”
Reviewed 13 April 2008

Jester's is on Life Support! Needs a shot of FUN. Not enough
real men. I have nothing against drag queens but one should not be held hostage to a show every weekend. I mean you walk into the bar and things are so dull that four guys in the corner are playing cards--not poker or blackjack but HEARTS! Cover charge is excessive--drinks are overpriced, and no draft beer available. It is not the same bar it was two years ago. Hot Springs is big enough and gay enough for another gay bar. One can only hope.

8 Thank ArkansasAxeman