“Good food, Good price”

Price range: US$7 - US$25
Cuisines: Steakhouse, Grill
Good for: Groups, Child-friendly, Bar Scene
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Brick House is located in historic downtown Hot Springs in the most unique building...Spencer's Corner. Downstairs dining room overlooks the plaza of Spencer's Corner and the upstairs has exposed beams and brick walls overlooking the Convention Center, Tower Mountain, and the old Army Navy Hospital. The food is outstanding.
Shreveport, Louisiana
“Good food, Good price”
Reviewed 13 September 2013

Prime rib open faced sandwich and the club sandwich. Food was perfectly prepared with high quality ingredients. The Beer was ice cold with several on tap to choose from. The only reason I gave this a 4 was the staff could have been a little friendlier.

Visited September 2013

“Over Priced”
Reviewed 4 September 2013 via mobile

My husband and I chose this restaurant because they have such a variety on their menu. We got very mixed results on the food we received. My husband ordered the large prime rib with a loaded baked potato and he loved his meal. I ordered the mahi mahi with cucumber dill sauce and asparagus. We waited a little while for our food but when it came out our waiter set mine on the table and said ,"we're out of the sauce for your fish so I brought you drawn butter instead." I told him that the sauce was half the reason that I ordered it and that I was unhappy. He offered to get me something else warning it would be a while before I could get anything, so I ordered the chicken breast. 2 minutes later he returns with my same plate and said that they decided to make more sauce. If it was that simple to make more sauce then why didn't they do that in the first place? My asparagus was very soggy and there was also a soggy french fry mixed in with it. The lady behind us sent back her asparagus. My meal cost $16.50 and it only came with the one vegetable, so needless to say I left hungry and disappointed. Very overpriced.

Fahaheel, Kuwait
“Skip it..”
Reviewed 31 August 2013

If your think this place is GREAT, then you haven't been to Austin. I guess were spoiled...
The bad experience for us was, when we first got there we waited to get seated and when we did she put our group of 4 at a small table.. We asked to move, no problem. She seemed like it would be a big deal to clean another bigger table for us.. no problem.
Then our waitress that looked like some crack addict that made it seem like she didn't like any extra work. Extra work... I asked what the password is for the WI-FI (My Tmobile signal sucked here) She said "They turned it off because people were abusing the internet.. " What?
Then asked for a Blue Moon with Orange.. I asked where my orange was that I asked for, she said "Ohh it must have fallen off sorry." Then she said they ran out of orange slices..
Blue Moon is usually best with Orange.
Anyway...
Here is were the rating gets far better. The "HUMAN" that servered us must have complained or something, because we lucked out. We magicly got a different server. He was great.
He was curtious, gave me the internet password, and didn't leave us hanging..

SO , THIS REVIEW IS BASED ON OUR EXPERIENCE WITH THIS WAITRESS. The service in general (IT SEEMED) is def. not Texas hospitality we have become to take for granted...

The chicken fried steak was great.

Brandon
“Check Before Food, That's a First!”
Reviewed 27 August 2013

I recently visited Hot Springs, AR, with my two sisters. Our first restaurant experience there was the Brickhouse Grill on Central Avenue. My first impression was very good as the hostess was friendly, seated us immediately, and we were ahead of the lunch crowd which we thought was good. When our waitress arrived, we asked for coffee and a few additional minutes to look at the menu since we had never eaten at a Brickhouse Grill. We got the coffee, but the waitress was a long time returning to take our order. We were not overly concerned as we were enjoying our visit. We finally placed our order from their special summer sandwich selections. After a very long wait and coffee refills, our waitress arrived at the table with our checks! She blamed the delay of our order on the kitchen staff, saying someone else had our food. Still patient, she finally brought sandwiches with side order of very cold fries. When we mentioned the cold fries she did bring a small plate of warm fries to share but with a snippy comment, "Don't burn your mouth." Certainly uncalled for. We were trying to be patient and kind, did not slight her on the tips, so she was somewhat friendly when she did take our money. As to food itself -- sandwiches just average, not bad but not exceptional either. Hostess again so nice and friendly on our way out.

Frisco, Texas
“Good Food and Reasonable Prices”
Reviewed 16 August 2013

The hotel staff recommended this restaurant and we’re glad they did. They had a nice menu selection and good food. The pricing is reasonable compared to other restaurants in the area. Our waitress was friendly and very attentive.

Visited August 2013