“My salad was good”

Price range: US$7 - US$25
Cuisines: Steakhouse, Grill
Good for: Bar Scene, Child-friendly, Groups
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Brick House is located in historic downtown Hot Springs in the most unique building...Spencer's Corner. Downstairs dining room overlooks the plaza of Spencer's Corner and the upstairs has exposed beams and brick walls overlooking the Convention Center, Tower Mountain, and the old Army Navy Hospital. The food is outstanding.
Wichita Falls, Texas
“My salad was good”
Reviewed 29 October 2013

But Jim wasn't happy with his. I had the sirloin tip salad. The only negative was the bacon bits. They were rock hard. Steak was tender and tasty. I got the house dressing called cheese and wine. Excellent dressing. Jim had barbecue shrimp and cole slaw. He said the shrimp was too spicy and no comment on the slaw. He didn't eat it.

• Visited October 2013

Memphis, Tennessee
“Good food, nice atmosphere.”
Reviewed 17 October 2013

Great service - we got our food to-go so we only interacted for a little bit but it was still really good. Lots of different burgers, too. If you're looking for a place to go - its worth going to. :)

Visited October 2013
Shreveport, Louisiana
“Good food, Good price”
Reviewed 13 September 2013

Prime rib open faced sandwich and the club sandwich. Food was perfectly prepared with high quality ingredients. The Beer was ice cold with several on tap to choose from. The only reason I gave this a 4 was the staff could have been a little friendlier.

Visited September 2013
“Over Priced”
Reviewed 4 September 2013 via mobile

My husband and I chose this restaurant because they have such a variety on their menu. We got very mixed results on the food we received. My husband ordered the large prime rib with a loaded baked potato and he loved his meal. I ordered the mahi mahi with cucumber dill sauce and asparagus. We waited a little while for our food but when it came out our waiter set mine on the table and said ,"we're out of the sauce for your fish so I brought you drawn butter instead." I told him that the sauce was half the reason that I ordered it and that I was unhappy. He offered to get me something else warning it would be a while before I could get anything, so I ordered the chicken breast. 2 minutes later he returns with my same plate and said that they decided to make more sauce. If it was that simple to make more sauce then why didn't they do that in the first place? My asparagus was very soggy and there was also a soggy french fry mixed in with it. The lady behind us sent back her asparagus. My meal cost $16.50 and it only came with the one vegetable, so needless to say I left hungry and disappointed. Very overpriced.

• Visited August 2013
Fahaheel, Kuwait
“Skip it..”
Reviewed 31 August 2013

If your think this place is GREAT, then you haven't been to Austin. I guess were spoiled...
The bad experience for us was, when we first got there we waited to get seated and when we did she put our group of 4 at a small table.. We asked to move, no problem. She seemed like it would be a big deal to clean another bigger table for us.. no problem.
Then our waitress that looked like some crack addict that made it seem like she didn't like any extra work. Extra work... I asked what the password is for the WI-FI (My Tmobile signal sucked here) She said "They turned it off because people were abusing the internet.. " What?
Then asked for a Blue Moon with Orange.. I asked where my orange was that I asked for, she said "Ohh it must have fallen off sorry." Then she said they ran out of orange slices..
Blue Moon is usually best with Orange.
Anyway...
Here is were the rating gets far better. The "HUMAN" that servered us must have complained or something, because we lucked out. We magicly got a different server. He was great.
He was curtious, gave me the internet password, and didn't leave us hanging..

SO , THIS REVIEW IS BASED ON OUR EXPERIENCE WITH THIS WAITRESS. The service in general (IT SEEMED) is def. not Texas hospitality we have become to take for granted...

The chicken fried steak was great.

• Visited August 2013