“You get what you pay for!”
Review of Willow Beach Motel

Willow Beach Motel
Ranked #28 of 45 Hotels in Hot Springs
Reviewed 13 June 2012

Driving up to a door covered with rust was the immediate turn-off. Bad directions also.
Be advised no housekeeping. No refill on the coffee or condiments for the coffeemaker. No shampoo or conditioner. Older motel and the outdoor chairs show it--rust like elsewhere. The AC was the noisiest I have ever encountered. There was some mildew on the bathtub. The door has an opaque window that lets in a lot of light at night...it needs a room-darkening cover over it.

Now for the good. The price is about $92 a day including tax. Not bad when you have a fully equipped kitchenette and a boat dock right outside your door. It is near very many restaurants and a shopping mall. It is right on the lake and the water was about 15 feet from our big glass sliding doors. In other words, the view was great. It is about a 15 minute drive into the Bathhouse row historic area. Now I asked for quiet and the guy at the desk suggested 16 after I asked for 1 on the point. The Point rooms by far have the best view but 16 does look out across the lake and has a fine view. We made friends with the local duck by giving him a slice of bread. It was nice sitting there in the evening drinking a beer at the end of the day and watching the boats go by. Oh by the way, the Duck tour boat launches right outside our back door and we watched it tour the lake.

The beds are clean and comfortable. The overall room is large and comfortable, older TV in a cabinet, sleeper sofa, microwave, small fridge, full range, table with 4 chairs. If I stayed somewhere else on my next visit, I think I would pick the Baymont. It really looks nice and has a great view of Lake Hamilton also.

Room Tip: Rooms on the Point have the best view and are closest to the boat dock and swimming pool.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Flyinggal

Reviewed 10 April 2012

Took a chance & stayed here even though there were a few negative reviews. We knew that we would be gone most of the day & didn't want to spend a lot of money on a hotel. Our gamble paid off because this little hotel was exactly what we needed with a nice-sized room & fantastic location. There were a few places in the room that could've been better (bathroom shower curtain for example) but overall we really had no complaints...so much so we are going back this year & bringing my mom & dad with us.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled with family
5  Thank cajunB149
Reviewed 24 March 2012

We stayed at Willow Beach 5 years ago and again last week. Both experiences were excellent and perfect for our style of overnight accommodations. The motel is situated right on Lake Hamilton with a pleasant and unobstructed view of the lake through the patio doors. Our room and our son's room had a large TV / armoire, couch, two beds, dining table and chairs--all comfortable, clean and in good condition.

We also had a refrigerator, sink, microwave, coffee pot, and the necessary kitchen supplies. Those were all the food preparation amenities we need, as we enjoy dining out while we are in Hot Springs for the horse races.

The price of $60+/night is quite reasonable.

If you want a fancy B & B, a chocolate mint on your pillow, and a valet to park your car (for 4-5 times the price of Willow Beach), Hot Springs has those, too. But if you want a clean, comfortable home-away-from-home where you can relax with your family and friends, enjoy a lovely lake view--and still have money in your pocket to bet on the ponies--Willow Beach Motel cannot be beat.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank dlwebbok
Reviewed 10 November 2011

Willow Beach is one of the few remaining Mom & Pop lake motels on Lake Hamilton. My wife and I have been going to Hot Springs for over 30 years and love it more every time we visit. We ALWAYS stay here. We personally love the laid back, clean and friendly atmosphere. You are literally 20 feet from the lake out your sliding glass door. Now don't go thinking you're in a 5 star hotel; this is for family people who just enjoy nice clean rooms at a very minumum price. $55.00 night with king bed. This is a 60's era motel. Right on the water so you can see everything going on in the lake, beautiful pool. It's one of those places where you meet your neighbor and end up being great friends and seeing year after year. Bbq pits, large deck to fish from, boat docks, everything I need for a REAL VACATION. The ducks and geese come for breakfast every morning:)

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank TRAVELINGDINERS
Reviewed 17 October 2011

When we first drove up, my husband and I thought, "Uh, oh..." It looked like an old vacant motel from a movie. Then we got the key to #6 and realized we were right on the lake with only a tree and a picnic bench between us and the water. While the furnishings may have been dated (green carpeting etc.), it had all the amenities - comfortable bed, free wi-fi, cable TV, a fully equipped kitchen incl. microwave, and a clean bathroom. The price was a bargain. A Canadian goose woke me up the next morning. Slept with the window and door open since there were screens and the fresh air was wonderful.

Room Tip: #6 was on the corner so had windows on two sides and only one neighbor.
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
4  Thank PjayDallas
Reviewed 27 September 2011

I normally visit Hot Springs in early May knowing that it can be a little cooler around that time of year. This time I decided to visit in September and was quite pleased that the temperatures were in the lower to mid eighties. At this time of year the rate was $49/night which is extreme affordable for families on a budget and frees up your cash so you can do the fun things around Hot Springs. I have driven around and looked at other places on the lake and Willow Beach is probably one of the closest to the water. Because of the warmer weather I was finally able to use the pool and spent my days floating and enjoying the view of the mountains on the horizon. I was also able to see the inside of the club house which has a kitchen and would be perfect for family gatherings. I hope you enjoy the pictures I've added and in closing I'd like to say the only thing I don't like about staying here is having to leave.

Room Tip: Rooms 8&9 have trees out back for shade.
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
3  Thank OHIOSOXFAN
Reviewed 31 July 2011

I think we found a hidden gem in Hot Springs and its name is Willow Beach Motel. As some of the previous reviews said, the property is pretty old. The interior is dated and it is not the Hilton. Make no mistake about that. With that being said, I just loved our stay. We stayed in room #3 and it was literally about 20 feet to the water's edge. The swimming pool is right by the lake although it is very small and can get crowded at times. Our room was clean and in good condition especially for an older property. They have on site washing machines and an ice machine for your ice chests. The patio areas are shared with the other apartments with each room having a picnic table and a charcoal grill. The view is outstanding on the patio. Everyone was very nice, from the rental agency people to our neighbors in the other units. We will be back!!!

Room Tip: Several people said that rooms 1-4 are the best. We got # 3 and loved it.
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family