Willow Beach Motel
US$233
US$205
  • Breakfast included
Best Western Winners Circle(Hot Springs)(Great Value!)
US$108
Comfort Suites Hot Springs(Hot Springs)(Great Value!)
US$128
US$112
ComfortSuites
Hampton Inn Hot Springs(Hot Springs)(Great Value!)
US$153
Comfort Inn & Suites(Hot Springs)(Great Value!)
US$124
US$108
ComfortInn
The Waters(Hot Springs)(Great Value!)
US$170
US$132
AscendHotels
  • Restaurant
US$356
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Hot Springs(Hot Springs)(Great Value!)
US$125
Staybridge Suites Hot Springs(Hot Springs)(Great Value!)
US$111
Courtyard by Marriott Hot Springs(Hot Springs)(Great Value!)
US$131
US$125
Hotels.com
All reviewslake hamiltoncan't beat the pricekitchenetteduckscouchcabin
Reviewed 23 February 2014

I stayed at the motel on 2/22/2014 and let me say I was skeptical after reading the reviews. I don't know if people who rented in this motel live in million dollar homes or what, but to expect a $80-$100 a night room ON THE LAKE with beautiful views to be a 5-Star hotel is beyond me. Ot was not the Ritz Carlton nor a Marriott but it was clean and provided all the BASICS. I live in a $75,000 home and I was very comfortable with the motel. Now make no mistake, the curb appeal is not nice. First impression when we drove up was 8-mile/bates motel. But after walking in I was swept away buy the beautiful views. Now this is my first time staying in this motel and I'm not sure how the other rooms look on the inside, but the one I stayed in was nice. I will definitely be staying again. Please note that me and my fiancé have stayed in 3 and 4 star hotels and they looked beautiful on the outside and were disgusting on the inside. So like I said, no its not a 5-Star hotel, but if you have $175-$200 per night to spend on a hotel, go for the other ones. I spent $65 and the money I saved I bought a new Michael Kors purse. The motel is not my forever home

• Stayed: February 2014
8  Thank Shawna M
Reviewed 23 September 2013

The only thing that makes you want to stay is the water. The rooms look horrible from the outside its like you are pulling up to the Bates Motel. I mean really they could look better inside and out if you have to go up on price do so just update them please. I didn't even want to take pictures there only of water. Then I didn't want no one to know I stayed there so would not recommend.

• Stayed: September 2013
Reviewed 12 July 2013

Aww man, I really wanted to like this place. I'm all about finding the best kept secret, kitschy, off the beaten path places and I must say my search continues. I'm honestly floored this is ranked as high as it is in the listing. While we weren't expecting fancy, we also weren't expecting broken either. The side/arm to the banquette sofa was broken (with multiple meager attempts to fix it having been tried), the head rail to the murphy bed was broken, the door to the adjoining room next door wouldn't close all the way. My husband finally blocked it with the TV armoire in such a way that we at least felt secure. In general it just feels like somebody gave up on this place. Take the extra 5 minutes and get the slipcovers ALL the way back on the sofa cushions (which I did). Also, if this room (room 7) was professionally decorated as the website says, you need to get your money back. I thought this was going to be a mom and pop run motel, well mom and pop moved a long time ago. It's run by an off site management company. Willow Beach needs to take a page from the Alpine Inn (which I have also reviewed) as to how to do quaint, manicured, and well managed.
I give it high praise for location, 4th of July night was probably the best one we've had as a family. We saw 8-10 different sets of fireworks going off over Lake Hamilton from the "back yard" of the property. However - thankfully we had planned on being gone a lot of the time because we had a front row seat to the 4th of July cookout of the people in the room next door. They were on the communal back patio the majority of the day (which I do get "communal" - so it was their right) - but one of the women was sitting with her feet propped on our backdoor stoop smoking. Our stoop is not your communal space - take your smoking elsewhere. It just seemed like it was a myriad of small things that kept compounding. You had to wiggle the room key in just the right way to get it out of the door or else it would get stuck. My husband and I had to laugh that in our down time we both caught the other looking online at other hotels in Hot Springs we could have gone to for the same price (those of you that think this is a steal - it isn't necessarily). We also had a handful of conversations about how it could be a really great property if it had someone take care of it - it just isn't the case, at least not anymore. Like I said - my goal was the small, kitschy, mom and pop, I didn't want the big box brand place, but this experience very well may have changed my mind. Or at the least may have shortened the "leash" my husband may give me in booking our next trip.
Oh and PS for our fellow guests, those numbers on the parking spaces - they aren't just decorative, they correspond with the rooms... We didn't once get to park in the space assigned to us.

Room Tip: Pick another establishment
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank ZhivagosGirl
Kurt H, Owner at Willow Beach Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 January 2018

We are so sorry that you had a bad experience at Willow Beach Motel. We renovated all of our rooms in 2017 - come back and see the changes that have been made - we think you'll be pleased. Please give us a call at your convenience.

Reviewed 8 July 2013

Spent 4 days at Willow Beach Motel last summer. Just completed reservations for a week stay this time. My friend and I were/are on a tight budget and this is perfect for that reason. What makes this SO wonderful is it's clean, safe and serene! There were families, couples and just small groups staying there---but everyone was respectful of others---no loud music, laughing or talking to keep you up at night or wake you up early in the morning. This is a wonderful place to stay! I would (and have) recommended this motel to all my friends.

Room Tip: We stayed in room 8---it was very quiet with an awesome view. No morning or evening sun shining the room at any time, stayed cool on the patio all day with the trees!
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank stormie_blueyes
Reviewed 8 July 2013

We love Willow Beach and go there at least twice a year. This place is not a five star hotel-it has basic amenities but the location on the lake and the views are so worth it! You can literally pull your boat up to your room or put it in the boathouse (for no extra charge). They have a clubhouse that you can rent for a gathering that comes equipped with a kitchen. All rooms have kitchenettes and basic kitchen needs. You will need to take paper towels, dish washing detergent, coffee etc. The pool is so nice! We love this little slice of heaven and have made many happy memories here. The first time we visited was in 1986!

Room Tip: Rooms 1-6 are on the front of the motel-great views but no place to pull your boat up to your room. They are close to the boathouse though. There is not a bad view from any room!
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends