“Large portions”
Review of Phil's Restaurant

Phil's Restaurant
Ranked #49 of 293 Restaurants in Hot Springs
Price range: US$4 - US$14
Description: At Phil's, it is our goal to make you feel like one of the family! We want your experience at Phil's to be just like coming home for a meal with your family. Join us, and "make yourself at home." Phil Dugan began his journey in the restaurant business in 1970. He started when he was fifteen years old working at Jud's Steak House. He then worked twenty-six years for Western Sizzlin Steak House. In June of 2001, he opened Phil's Family Restaurant on Grand Avenue and in 2014 made the move to 2900 Central Avenue directly across the street from the entrance to Oaklawn Park Race Track. Phil's offers the best in southern style home cooking - just like home, but without the mess! :-) We hope to see you time and time again - as we welcome you, your friends, and your family to OUR family!
Reviewed 13 August 2014

I ordered a single egg special with pancake and sausage. I know there were about 3 scrambled egg on my plate. Pancake was gigantic. Husband got hashbrowns and the order was about 3 of what Waffle house gives you. All was delicious and service was great, but they do need more wait help.

Paul M, Front Office Manager at Phil's Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 9 June 2016

Finally understand how to reply to reviews on here personally... sorry for the delay!

:-) Phil always puts a LOT of scrambled egg on the plate. He says that one or two eggs when scrambled just don't look like anything. He always wants to make sure you are full and well fed when you leave!

We are lucky to be growing in business and in wait staff! We hope to see you again soon!!!

Reviewed 5 August 2014

My family and I really enjoyed the meals we had !It was like I cooked the meals myself. Down home cooking . Good prices and a charming restaurant ! Staff was helpful ! If you want a good meal that's home cooked and not your normal fast food Phil's is the place to add to your list of restaurants to eat at !!

1  Thank hogsandhuskers4

Finally know how to reply to our guests' review personally! Sorry for the delay!
I love being able to connect with our guests and thank them personally for their time and energy in posting reviews about us! It is that awesome sharing and "word of mouth" advertising that is helping us to grow and meet more and more new friends!!!

We appreciate you and your kind words and are thrilled that you enjoyed your visit. It is definitely Phil's desire and goal to have all of our guest feel like they are just part of the family visiting for a great meal!!!

Thank you again for your time and sharing your thoughts!!!

Reviewed 4 August 2014 via mobile

Two of us went there for Lunch Friday It was just 11 and filling up fast as people are finding out how good it is!
Service is always very prompt we both ordered grilled hamburger steak , mashed potatoes and pinto beans
We were served quickly along with large glasses of iced tea
I believe this will become a top 5 resturant in Hot Springs!
They are doing it all the right way and with a smile!
Don't wait to be seated, this a seat yourself Establishment

1  Thank Elo4

Always appreciate your insights and thoughts about Phil's and helping others to understand what we are all about and what we have to offer!!!

Have a blessed week!!!!

Reviewed 1 August 2014

I have had the pleasure of dinning at Phils on several occasions and twice the last month. If your looking for the old fashioned, hand patted burgers like grandma used to cook ... this is the place ! Absolutely one of the best hamburgers around. Thank you Phil !

THANK YOU for the kind words! We appreciate your helping to spread the word about Phil's!

I have agree with you on the burger! It is exactly like the hand patted burgers my mom used to make every Saturday evening when all the brothers and sisters and their kids would come to mom's for dinner! It definitely brings back memories!

Along with waiting tables at Phi's on weekends, holidays, and evenings, I also have a teaching job that I LOVE! Fortunately, it is close by and I can enjoy Phil's for lunch. I have a burger at least once a week usually. I also LOVE the daily lunch specials!!!

THANK YOU for sharing your thoughts and helping us to reach more and more future guests of Phil's!

Reviewed 20 July 2014 via mobile

Small place but very well laid out! Great food. Huge portions! Will be back! Great homecooking. Delicious burgers!

Becky, thank you for sharing your thoughts and helping to let others know about us!

I am finally aware and comfortable connecting with our guests who have taken the time to share their thoughts online. Sorry for the delay!

We are continuing to grow and have more and more people come in a join us as a part of the Phil's Restaurant FAMILY! THANK YOU for being a part of that and helping us to constantly reach new guests!!!!