“Find a better place”

Ranked #85 of 282 Restaurants in Hot Springs
Dining options: Lunch
Dining options: Lunch
Reviewed 22 March 2014 via mobile

Food wasn't terrible but have definitely had better. The waitress was very nice but we were only the 2nd table in there and never got a refill. Food just tasted like it was cooked in old grease :-/

Reviewed 15 March 2014

This place is a hole. We went in for breakfast with 5 adults, waited for 10 minutes before we were told to sit at a dirty table. We sat at a partially bussed table, and waited 10 more minutes (without acknowledgement) before we decided to leave. Other families were leaving for similar reasons. When we told some locals our experience, they grimaced and advised us that there is a reason NO locals ever eat there. Enough said.

Reviewed 28 February 2014

Despite my initial first impression, this place pleasantly surprised me. The location is along the row of shops across from the bathhouses. My dad had told my mom and I to eat there because he had loved it. We were skeptical when we saw it and with a name like "granny's", but as it turned out, he was right. The very sweet young waitress was so helpful and hardworking. And I don't know who the cook was, but he was working miracles preparing all sorts of breakfast foods for us and all the tables that started filling up after we came in. The service was quick and the prices were great. You will leave with a full tummy.

Reviewed 17 February 2014 via mobile

If you can't find anything else that's open & you've gotta eat this place has food. Husband had scrambled eggs, bacon, biscuits & plain gravy. Daughter & I had pancakes & bacon. Husband & I both had coffee too. I thought it was a bit odd you couldn't smell bacon cooking. Service was fine. Not a whole lot to say. Food & price were ok.

Reviewed 20 January 2014

The food was great, we had the special, pancakes, eggs and bacon. They have the best flavored bacon cooked to perfection. I had scrambled eggs and my husband had over easy. My eggs were fluffy, his were done the way he likes them. The pancakes were good, I always like my pancakes better but these were good. The whole breakfast was good and the price was very reasonably. This is a restaurant that we will return to again in Hot Springs. The service was fine; I never like the servers to hover over me. It's a small restaurant so if you need to get their attention you should have no problem.