We desperately needed a long weekend away from all the regular stress of life. After some debate on where to fly that offered the least amount of effort and travel time, I Googled short drive trips from DFW and was immediately directed to Hot Springs, Arkansas! This lovely inn popped up and of course the trip adviser reviews were awesome! This Inn was just what the doctor ordered. The weekend was cold and rainy, but no worries, you could spend your entire time here and just relax! The common areas are comfortable complete with overstuffed chairs, books, newspapers, movies, games, binoculars, snacks, coffee, soft drinks....
The bird and wildlife watching is amazing!
We stayed in the Hot Springs suite (most bang for your buck I think) with private entrance and covered parking. There is a lovely canopy bed, a separate sitting area with fireplace and a "to-die" for bathroom. The whirlpool tub and the body sprays in the shower were perfect...in addition to the continuous hot water! The suite has a little refreshment center with mini-fridge, microwave, keurig coffee/tea maker and snacks. The staff will bring your breakfast to the patio table at your request! We did that the first day, but it was just too cold outside the rest of the time! Strolling over to the dining room for breakfast was not a problem and the staff attends to your every need.
We were able to view some of the other rooms at the Lookout Point Inn and they are all exactly like the photos on the website... better! My other recs are:
*Mountain View, standard King with private entrance (second floor over Hot Springs), smaller room, no fireplace, but less money and you still get the mini-fridge, microwave
and a nice balcony.
*Evening Shade-lovely and on the other end of the inn, gas fire place, but not that much more to splurge for Hot Springs. Nice patio with rocking chairs.
*Pocahontas had the best view and balcony with rocking chairs.
Breakfast every day was amazing and quite substantial! We were always stuffed and didn't really need to eat again until later in the afternoon. The Wine and dessert reception was fabulous. They have a light dining service if you don't want to go out and they will pack you a picnic lunch if you want. The staff was attentive, but non-intrusive. We did not meet the owners that weekend, but the innkeepers, Tricia, Leanne and Bruce- all wonderful!
Hot springs has a ton of spas (Spa city you know) and one of the original bath houses is still in operation. Horse racing, casinos, tons of yummy restaurants, some art galleries, quirky museums, beautiful arboretum, the national parks, hiking, boating, fishing, etc.
I will recommend this vacation spot to everyone I know. Thanks again to Lookout Point Lakeside Inn for a perfect long weekend!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Named in the Top 25 Small Hotels by TripAdvisor! Experience unparalleled pampering, peace and tranquility in comfortable luxury at the award winning Lookout Point Lakeside Inn. Situated on beautiful Lake Hamilton in Hot Springs, Arkansas, every room features a stunning view of the lake, our beautifully manicured gardens, and the Ouachita Mountains. Savor a daily gourmet breakfast and afternoon Innkeeper’s Reception, with complimentary dessert, appetizers, wine & tea. Our bed and breakfast in Hot Springs, AR is perfect for romantic getaways, small group meetings, and intimate weddings. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline and getaroom.com so you can book your Lookout Point Lakeside Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lookout Point Lakeside Hotel Hot Springs
- Lookout Point Lakeside Inn b&b