“Don't consider this place” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Quality Inn & Suites

Quality Inn & Suites
Ranked #18 of 44 Hotels in Hot Springs
Cincinnati
“Don't consider this place”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 June 2009

From the overwhelming smell of curry to the carsful of partying--and I mean PARTYING--folks that made us feel unsafe in this place, I hated it. Did not sleep too well. Badly refurbished, smelled horrible, linens and comforter looked scary, bathroom grout, fittings and ceiling eroded or fungal, carpeting frayed. Worried what may have been in corners so tried closing my eyes. This is one of those motels that is teetering on being a local party place instead of a reputable Choice Hotel. Oh, and you know the free breakfast? There was none. The two cereal containers they call breakfast were empty a half hour before breakfast was supposed to end. No coffee cups and not anything else. Save your money for another property or town...this was sorry.

• Stayed June 2009
    • 1 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Memphis, TN
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 June 2009

I booked 2 King suites online based on price, location and amenities. It seemed like the best value at the time. But when we got there, we immediately realized that we didn't get what we paid for. First of all, they were not what I would consider to be suites. There was no fitness center, which was one of the main reasons I chose this place. The fridge in one of the rooms did not work. The pool was across the parking lot. The TV had poor reception. One of the rooms smelled like 'who knows what' (had to go out and buy Lysol). I reached to turn on a lamp and the cord protector fell off the wall. The mirror was hung on the wall with an extension cord that I could plainly see. (very tacky). And the rooms could use a thorough cleaning. Really should be at least $20 cheaper.

• Stayed June 2009, travelled with family
Monticello, AR
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 August 2008

The first problem with this hotel was the broken a/c on a day with a heat index of 110-115. Which is a big problem for me because of medical reason. I gave them time to fix it and didn't see any results until I called back to the front desk. (I guess they figured it wasn't that bad.) They replaced it. Fine.

The next morning the maids cleaned our room while we were out. Everything seemed fine, until we got ready to leave the next day. One of my children brought a favorite teddy bear. We looked all over, no teddy bear. I asked them did they leave it in the bed when we went out the day before. They said yes and I remembered that our beds had been made by the maid. Of course, where did the bear go? With the maid or one of her children. (I saw some of the maids with small children the day we arrived)

During check out, I informed the woman at the front desk about it and she seemed very nonchalant.

The heat had me questioning my choice but the theft of a teddy bear took me over the edge. I will never stay there again and won't recommend the place. Thank goodness I didn't bring my laptop.

• Liked — Price
  • Disliked — Stealing
  • Stayed August 2008, travelled with family

Travellers are raving about these Hot Springs hotels

Houston, Texas
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 July 2008

We stayed at this hotel for 3 nights on the July 4th weekend. The hotel was in a great location. It was very convenient to restaurants and Lake Hamilton. The hotel is very outdated. We chose this hotel because of the price and the location. The check-in process was fine. Our room had a distinct odor. We reserved a non-smoking room, but I could tell that the room we were staying in had previously been a smoking room because it still had the smoke smell. The room was averaged sized. The comfortor had stains on it. The bathtub was new, but the water did not turn off. My other complaint was that each time after housekeeping came they unplugged all the lamps in the room. I'm guessing they were trying to save electricity or something. The continental breakfast was not very impressive. It consisted of juice, coffee, some bread, and a few muffins. I have stayed at various Econo Lodge Hotels in past and I have not had any problems. Overall the best thing about the hotel was the location, but if I return to Hot Springs I would definately opt for another hotel.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — Quality of Room and Noise Level
  • Stayed July 2008, travelled as a couple
oklahoma
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 April 2008

We stayed at this motel on an overnight bike trip to Hot Springs. We thought it was fine. The room was very large, clean, the bed was comfortable. There were some issues with the fridge door not staying closed good, but so what, it kept our things cool. They chose some crazy colors to paint the exterior of the motel, but that didn't effect our stay.

• Stayed April 2008, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
Tennessee
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 February 2008

I have stayed at this location at least 5 times over the last 20 years. It has had at least 4 different names. It has been an Econolodge for the past 3-5 years. During this time the owners have managed a complete face lift. The hotel IS CLEAN. The soundproofing is good -- even with outside access to rooms. The management is nice and the price is right. About the only things I could complain about this past experience would be that the maid forgot wash clothes the first night (easily solved) and the high speed internet (they give you a modem and the internet is through the AC wall outlet) worked infrequently in our room.

Stayed February 2006
oklahoma
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2007

booked a room on line after driving 6 hours got there to see a different hotel than what was on the internet .
then we checked in to the NASTY ROOM > BLOOD stainned sheets and BED spread.
room was hot and smelled like poop!
took me kids to the pool and was insalted by a man telling my kids to get out of the pool .
went back to our nasty room that we had already paid$80.00.
one night of NASTY < NASTY sleeping