“Service is the star”

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Hot Springs
Ranked #18 of 45 Hotels in Hot Springs
“Service is the star”
Reviewed 10 August 2013 via mobile

I've stayed in many Country Inns, but Regina's service at the desk has every one of them beat. The hotel is a hotel, the rooms are rooms, the breakfast better than fast food any day any way, but the service and attention to detail left me and my family with a smile.

• Stayed July 2013
3 Thank Cspeck25

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Ardmore, Oklahoma
Reviewed 7 August 2013

Stayed 4 nights at the hotel on our annual 'Daddy-Daughter Vacation'.
Pros: Good location (not to far from anything, restaurant next door), pool, clean rooms, nice staff, good breakfast, always had cookies for the kids.
Cons: Had some billing issues, which they worked out when I checked out. Room was smaller than expected and I wish it had the option of "ON" for the AC so we could have that 'sound' while we slept. Bathroom door had the lock 'reversed', which I guess would be great if you wanted to lock someone in the bathroom :)

Room Tip: Make sure you check with front about rooms; had a single king for myself and two girls. Was told lat...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank TishomingoSith
Reviewed 22 June 2013

Make sure your kids have their tetanus shots up to date. Got an "executive" suite that was supposedly just renovated. They forgot to renovate their pull out mattress; I think they picked it up on someone's curb. Springs exposed, ripped to shreds, absolutely disgusting. My kids ended up sleeping on the floor bc it was more comfortable. The manager was conveniently always out. Oh, and half the lamps had no lightbulbs. And for those of us who value our security, the dead bolt did not work. Elevator certification exp March 2013. Yikes!

• Stayed June 2013
2 Thank laurel32
Carlson Hotels C, Online, Customer Support at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Hot Springs, responded to this review, 22 July 2013
Thank you for reaching out and writing your review. We are sorry you were not satisfied with the accommodations of your room and the condition of the facility. We will discuss the conditions of your room and pull out mattress with our staff to ensure all guest rooms and beds are up to Country Inns and Suites by Carlson standards. To discuss your stay further, please contact the hotel directly.

Travellers are raving about these Hot Springs hotels

Houston, Texas
Reviewed 13 June 2013

The staff and location of this hotel was great, expecially Regina at the front desk. The hotel was another story. Broken toilet seat, poor air conditioning, iced up freezer in refrigerator, stained shower curtain, burnt out light bulbs. Wouldn't stay there again

Room Tip: Pick another hotel
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank belladonna2001
Sanger, Texas
Reviewed 25 May 2013

I really wanted to post a better overall rating for this property, but I just cannot.

We checked in on a Monday, very slow day for the property. Somehow I was given an ADA room which would not be my choice. Anyway, we brought our luggage to the room and it smelled of mildew, really heavy and bad. Started to unpack and noticed a big wet spot on the wall above the bed, wallpaper border hanging and mold growing. Went to the desk and we were transferred to another room at the other side of the property, next door to the grill. This was o.k., however you could not get back into the hotel from the side door on that side as the mag lock did not work. Have to walk around to the main entrance.

On the subject of locks, why would a hotel put a lock on a bath, that locks from the outside? Maybe that way you can lock someone in the bath? Really though, get a competent maintenance staff.

For some reason the hotel chain thinks really highly of their linens and towels, going so far as to leave little signs about how you can purchase them if you like them so you don't have to steal them. Kind of insulting, also a bit ridiculous. They really are not that nice.

There are minimal toiletries stocked in the bath, as well as the coffee maker, all on a small vanity, not well planned out at all. Who wants to make coffee in the bath?

As for the room, it seems as if the mini fridge/microwave was an after thought. Basically you have at least one light fixture that doesn't work because there is no outlet for it. On that, there are really no available outlets for charging phones, tablets or laptops. The internet connection is a bit sketchy, keeps dropping out.

Anyway, in our room there was 1 floor lamp, which was broken, really, broken in two and hanging together by the internal power cord, however as their is nowhere to plug it in, maybe it should be tossed out.

As for consistency, at least both rooms had wallpaper borders falling off the walls. The second room did not have mold wall going on though.

For my liking, the bed was not really comfortable, way to soft for a decent night sleep.

O.k., really though aside from the rooms, the hotel is nice. very warm welcoming lobby, staff was friendly. Pool was great, as well as the hot tub. Morning breakfast was good.

So the kicker is, would I recommend this hotel? No. Would I stay there again? No.
Would I have checked out and gotten another room if I could? Yes.

I pre-booked through aa.com and due to the hotels no refund policy I would have been out just over a hundred dollars. So, I was stuck. If you read this, you get the chance not to make that mistake. There are a lot of hotels in the area, Try another.

I had been told by co-workers that Country Inn & Suites was a great chain to stay in. Well, this was my first and most likely last time to try them.

When I go back to Hot Springs on holiday this fall, I will definitely stay elsewhere.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank Pierce G
All Over
Reviewed 5 May 2013

My wife and I recently visited Hot Springs for a weekend get away. We loved the hotel, especially the cookies and the breakfast. The menu changed while we were there! That was neat! Great hotel. The hotel is located in the newer part of town right around the Hot Springs Mall. Definitely eat at the Bleu Monkey next door guests apparently get a 10% discount there, Awesome Food!!

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
Hot Springs Village, Arkansas
Reviewed 30 March 2013

Up all night from street traffic, and awaken by maids at 5 am. They came by 2 more times to clean before we left, just rude. Heater quit working in middle of night, was on time and kept going off. Rooms are sub par, old, looks nothing like the pictures shown on website. Look at rooms before you stay there, not a good value IMO......

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Kathryn H
Carlson Hotels C, Online, Customer Support at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Hot Springs, responded to this review, 3 April 2013
Please know how much we appreciate you bringing these types of situations to our attention. It is because of guests such as yourself that will help us make the necessary improvements to our hotel so this will not continue to happen. Also we apologize for your experience with us. We know the expectations guests have while coming to our property and we did not succeed in giving you the expected experience. We will share this information with our management team so we can make the improvements needed and we hope that if you are ever in our area again to please stop by and give us an opportunity to show you how seriously we take these comments.