“Overbooked and moved to subpar hotel”

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Hot Springs
Ranked #19 of 45 Hotels in Hot Springs
Reviewed 4 August 2014

I booked my room online and when I arrived I was told they were overbooked and since I was part of their rewards program they found found me a room at the hotel next door. I should have declined the room. It was an Econo Lodge and smelled like smoke and looked just like it arrived from the 70s. Needless to say I will not be booking with either hotel in the future.

Room Tip: Book somewhere else
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Watschr
CarlsonRezidor, Online Customer Care at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Hot Springs, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2014

Dear Watschr,

Reviewed 4 August 2014

I loved this hotel! and the breakfast was delish! The staff was very helpful!I loved this hotel! and the breakfast was delish! The staff was very helpful!I loved this hotel! and the breakfast was delish! The staff was very helpful!I loved this hotel! and the breakfast was delish! The staff was very helpful!I loved this hotel! and the breakfast was delish! The staff was very helpful!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 July 2014

I little run down, but lots of extras. Condition of the room was not worth the price. I just expect better for $150+ a night with tax. The breakfast needs to have eggs added to the menu, but it was pretty neat to be able to make my own waffle.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 July 2014

It was ok for a 2 night stay. The air conditioner worked great! The staff that checked us in and out was friendly and helpful. We have stayed at Country Inns before and this one wasn't the best. The others seemed to be cleaner and had better breakfast. This one had breakfast but it just didn't look very appetizing so we only had juice and coffee.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 July 2014

The noise in this hotel comes from 3 sources. First, the air conditioner. It was one of the loudest ones I've ever encountered in a motel, akin to a loud vacuum cleaner next to your bed. It wouldn't have been so bad if it was a steady noise, but it only came on in short bursts and there was no way to change the setting. Second. This hotel is located right on a very busy street used extensively by motorcycles (apparently Hot Springs is a Mecca for bikers). The noise from the street lasted almost all night. Thirdly, the walls are very thin and you can hear almost everything from the room overhead as well as next door. All in all, a pretty sleepless night if you are a light sleeper! It might help a little to ask for a room in the back on a higher floor.
The rooms are smallish and a little dated. They did have micros and fridges. Beds were on the hard side but had a nice selection of pillows. Location wise it is about 5 miles from the National Park, but it will take you longer than you think because of traffic and numerous traffic lights. Next door is a very good restaurant so you don't have to drive anywhere. Breakfast was really below average for a motel charging as much as this one. There was no low fat or skim milk, bananas, yogurt or hard boiled eggs. My husband made a waffle and could find no syrup and there was no attendant around to ask. They do have two papers to read and choclate chip cookies at the desk. All in all, we wouldn't stay here again because of the noise and the relatively high price for a very average motel.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the back and on a higher floor to cut down on the noise.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 July 2014 via mobile

Small family vacation to Hot Springs for 3 days. We have 2 adults & 3 kids (15, 12, & 9) in our group. At first we thought we had done a pretty good job finding a decent room. The rooms were clean, air conditioning SUCKED!! It runs but we were warm, bathroom drains very slow, &&& on day two housekeeping decided to take $4 left on the night stand. I really hope they needed more than we did. Not to pleased now. Just feel violated.

Stayed: July 2014
2  Thank ChriddyJ
CarlsonRezidor, Online Customer Care at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Hot Springs, responded to this reviewResponded 7 July 2014

Dear ChriddyJ,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We apologize for the dissatisfaction of your stay. We take the time to listen to your constructive comments so we can continually improve our services. We do apologize for any problems you had with your room and the housekeeping. We hope for another opportunity to exceed your expectations.

Reviewed 21 May 2014

We were in town with our children for my husband's ministry ordination service. Our room was clean and comfortable. The pool and hot tub were a nice break for the kids.
Ms. Terry at the front desk was very friendly and attentive to our needs. The complimentary breakfast was amazing; oatmeal, bagels, toast, muffins, fruit, yogurt, waffles, cereals and always something hot, biscuits and gravy or eggs and bacon. . .there was always hot coffee and fresh-baked cookies in the lobby. The location was only about 10 minutes from the downtown convention center where we attended meetings and we were only 3 minutes from Wal-Mart and many restaurants.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business