“Pleasant stay at the Park Hotel”

Park Hotel of Hot Springs
Ranked #27 of 45 Hotels in Hot Springs
Dudley, United Kingdom
“Pleasant stay at the Park Hotel”
Reviewed 12 November 2013

My husband and I enjoyed our stay here. Great location as it is located by the upper entrance to the National Park Grand Promenande. It's picturesque and quiet. It's a 5 minute walk to Central Avenue. The hotel is a boutique hotel so has a charming quality to it interms of the decor and exterior. The hotel has been around since the 1930s which, for America, is old!

The staff were very helpful and friendly. We experienced lovely Southern hospitality in Hot Springs and it's refreshing to stay in a non-chain hotel.

Breakfast wasn't included but there's lots of places to eat in the town.

Overall, we would stay here again.

Room Tip: Rooms at the front of the hotel have good views.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Mesbah S

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
Tulsa, Oklahoma
Reviewed 22 October 2013

I had stayed in the Park Hotel a couple times before and enjoyed it, so on my roadtrip with my boyfriend, I decided to stay here again. It is an old hotel, I knew that going in, and I usually enjoy old hotels and their quirks. But the Park Hotel has lost its charm for me. The front desk was friendly, no problems with check-in. Our room was a different story. We were on the 3rd floor, directly above the honeymoon suite. There was a group of people staying there and they were up very late out on the balcony, talking loudly. I could hear every word and yes, the windows were closed. I even had put in my foam earplugs when we went to bed because we could hear every noise out in the hallways, not to mention surrounding rooms. Even with earplugs in, I maybe slept two hours. I called the front desk clerk about the people being loud below us. He said he would take care of it. I don't think he did anything because 20-30 minutes later, the people finally quieted down, but then an hour later were back out there. This is 3 in the morning. The bed said it was a full-size, but it is definitely smaller than my full at home. The mattress was old and the bed squeaked loudly with every little movement. Not a clean place by any means, and like the rest of Hot Springs, seems to be slowly decaying. I didn't have these problems in the past staying here, I'm thinking if we had been higher up, it would have been better. But I won't be staying here anymore :(

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
4 Thank eos790

Travellers are raving about these Hot Springs hotels

Sachse, Texas
Reviewed 14 October 2013

This hotel charges you more money when you check in. They call it an energy charge, and it was around $10 when I stayed. Just stay at the Arlington, much nicer and they don't charge any energy fee (I checked).

I booked with Travelocity, as I have many times before, but I missed this fine print not included in the total. I have used online hotel booking for over 20 hotels and no other hotel has charged this fee, or any additional fee over the online price. You can see from the other reviews that this is a dingy hotel and they know it. They appear to be exploiting their location and online bookers to wring the last few bucks out before it falls apart. The staff was extremely rude about the fee and it soured her demeanor from then on.

The AC is not under your control, it will be hot in the day and freezing at night. You will hit your knees on the tub (if your got one) when you're on the toilet. The cubby with the sink requires you to turn sideways in order to brush your teeth.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank TimShivers
Natchitoches, Louisiana, United States
Reviewed 7 October 2013

Clean room, clean & fresh towels every day. This hotel is an older hotel and doesn't have some of the modern conveniences that newer hotels have. Such as microwaves, refrigerators and such in each room.

The only "bad" thing about this hotel is that the parking space is horrible. Just not enough room and one time we had to park a good ways from the hotel. Since my hubby and I are both "crippled" up in our legs this proved to be quite an enduring walk. We were extremely stressed out by the time we got to our rooms. There is no handicap parking available which would have helped both of us.

Our next trip here will most likely be spent at another hotel that has a little more modern atmosphere and better parking available.

Room Tip: No swimming pool or Fitness Center. We were on the 3rd floor. Very quiet room. Cooling system was gr...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Tylertown, Mississippi
Reviewed 30 September 2013

We found the Park Hotel to be clean and affordable. The downstairs lobby is quaintly decorated. The rooms are very plain, but they were clean and adequate. The best asset to this Hotel is the Front Desk Clerk, Chiquita. This young lady made our stay wonderful. She went over and above to be helpful and make us comfortable. She even lent us her umbrella! I hope the management gives her a promotion, she deserves it!!.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
New Orleans, Louisiana
Reviewed 13 September 2013

If you like historical buildings, then this is the an affordable hotel to stay at while in Hot Springs. Keep in mind though that the rooms are smaller, rooms weren't designed for modern luxuries- big screen TV, smaller bathrooms, but I would definitely stay there again. Only reason for not 5 stars was the A/C broke.

This place is also pet friendly.

There is a decent Italian restaurant connected to the hotel, and the hotel provides 20% off coupons to it.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
Carthage, Texas
Reviewed 3 September 2013

We always stay here when passing through on our motorcycle trips. Located in the historic area and within walking distance to most of the area shopping and restaurants'. Always friendly helpful staff.

Room Tip: Ask about the larger rooms.
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled with friends