“step back in time”

Ranked #28 of 45 Hotels in Hot Springs
New Braunfels, Texas
“step back in time”
Reviewed 5 August 2014

Very accommodating! Got a room with a queen bed and a connecting room with 2 twins, each with a bathroom, for the price of one. Walk the beautiful promenade to bath house row.
Be careful as there is a 33% sales tax on alcoholic beverages.
Civil War museum and store is always a treat!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank jbaum64

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
Batesville, Arkansas
Reviewed 23 July 2014

My husband surprised me by planning a romantic weekend get-away in Hot Springs, and he thought he had booked a charming room in a historic building. It is one step above a dump. The advertising pictures are totally misleading and deceitful! The furnishings are not retro or quaint, they are just plain shabby and old. The bed was horrible. Light poured into the room at night. Paint was peeling off the walls. It was barely lukewarm water in the tiny shower. NO amenities. The hubby was severely disappointed when we walked through the door, and the disappointment increased because he had made a nonrefundable reservation, and we couldn't pay for that and something else. We stayed away as much as possible and only spent enough time there to sleep, very uncomfortably, for 2 nights. DON'T WASTE YOUR MONEY!!!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
7 Thank Nanniebella

Travellers are raving about these Hot Springs hotels

Reviewed 21 July 2014

The service at this hotel is atrocious. The pictures shown are false, this place is nothing like the pictures. Walking into the hotel is like walking into a bad horror flick. Then they want to charge outrageous prices for uncomfortable surroundings, zero amenities, and horrible service. It wasn't even worth the single star ratings it was given.

• Stayed July 2014
6 Thank Loveiswarz
Woodstock, Georgia, United States
Reviewed 9 July 2014

Last time I came here, I rode by, and was afraid to actually get out of my car and make a run for the door. This is the worst hotel, in the worst area of town. Long story short, that had my reservation, and were able to get $254.00 from me because I failed to check in... and they lied about my calling them. SOOOOO, last month, I went back to take them up on their promise that if I retuned, they would credit my past charge to another stay. I passed the building twice by car, and there was no-one there. The doors were locked, and there was a note saying "be back soon". The only thing different was that it's a year later. This hotel is the WORST dumpster in the country. I challenge anyone to find and post something worse,,, The Park Hotel in Hot Springs IS beyond bad... lower than 0 stars, and I bet anyone to stay there and tell me differently. It's a pig pen...

Room Tip: Nightlife... what a joke, anyone who would dare leave their old run down, nasty room at night... is...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
8 Thank Jack S
Reviewed 4 July 2014 via mobile

Customer service was excellent. All of the staff are helpful and know the area very well and gave us excellent recommedations. Room service was quick. The location is convient. The Grand Promenade is right across the street! There is a man there that owns a very interesting collection of civil war memorabilia. We talked to him for a while! Unfortunately, I wouldn't recommend this place to anyone. We won't be staying there for our next trip. This place is run down. We couldn't even walk barefoot in our room because our feet would get sticky and black. The carpet is down right disgusting and filthy. We couldn't take a bath because the paint on the tub was peeling and my husband got paint chips all over him. Maybe it was just our room in particular that had these problems, who knows? The entire place had a musty smell and the air was heavy. For the price we payed, I would've expected more. The only appliance in the room was a small refrigerator. As interesting as it was to stay in a hotel that was built in 1929, we're both sad to say that it wasn't a good experience.

Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
5 Thank Rebecca K
Reviewed 23 June 2014

This is a historic, charming hotel. If that is what you are looking for then you will love this place. My husband and I stayed there recently and my only complaint is that we didn't get to spend long enough in the hotel because we had other things to do in Hot Springs. The location is fantastic, right near the Arlington hotel and a block away from the Central Avenue shopping and eating district and bathhouse row. The hotel was clean and well cared for. The front desk staff could not have been more helpful and accommodating, eager to help us out with anything we needed. The bed was comfortable. Because the hotel is on a side street, there was no loud traffic. We slept like rocks! You cannot beat the accommodations for the price. We can't wait to get back to Hot Springs so we can stay at the Park Hotel again. What a treasure.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
7 Thank Julie R
Houston
Reviewed 22 June 2014

Location, location, location best describes this hotel, along with Art Deco. I would walk right outside the front door & catch the Grand Promenade across the street. I stayed in 4 hotels on my trip, and the irony is that the Park Hotel, being the oldest by far, had the coldest air conditioning! The staff were very friendly & courteous. If you like vintage, you will love the simple furnishings. I would stay here again & recommend it to my friends.

• Stayed June 2014