“back to denver with a twist”

Park Hotel of Hot Springs
Ranked #32 of 45 Hotels in Hot Springs
Reviewed 10 April 2009

so we had a long way to go from florida to denver. we decided to take the back roads and see some amazing things along the way. my mom and I were on a road trip for 2 and half weeks and were not the best road warriors. so we like to stop in places that have cool things to do.
We decided to stay at the Park Hotel. Awesome. Friendly staff and great rooms. Very Clean and affordable. Plus they have an amazing Italian Restraunt in the hotel.
Loved this historic hotel.
Even though it was raining that day we had a great time!

• Stayed: April 2009

Reviewed 7 April 2009

This hotel is the most horrible place in Hot Springs we come here every year for the horse races, we got to the hotel and it was the worst experience ever this hotel should be closed I dont know how it passes the health inspections. The room was tiny the bathroom was extremely tiny I think I would have felt dirtier if I had showered it the shower there was no ice machine nothing and it was filthy and stank so bad when we told them we were leaving they said they would charge us anyway because there was no refunds, we left any way please dont stay here it is terrible it will ruin your whole trip.

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled with friends
1  Thank 1dilligaf
Reviewed 20 March 2009

Every year, I take my Dad to the race track. He's 76 years old, and smokes. It's important to me for him to be comfortable, which means that things have to be a bit retro in lots of ways. The staff was delightful, our room was huge, the water was hot (daddy never figured out the on/off button on the shower head, though), and best of all, the windows opened. Dad could stand next to them and smoke and I never had to smell it. The door opened with a real key, and you could leave it unlocked if you wanted to. The wi-fi worked, the coffee and breakfast bread were delicious, the food in the restaurant was fantastic, and the heat in the room actually worked the second night, too. I'd like to encourage the staff to keep on keeping on, because they are creating a wonderful place. And that's not even mentioning the Civil War Library/Museum housed in the same building. We were absolutely enchanted with the whole place, and will come back every time we're in town. -- K.C., Birmingham, Alabama

• Stayed: March 2009
Reviewed 26 February 2009

Simply terrible! We had no heat and the room temperature never got above 40 degrees. After the first night, we got a space heater but unless you placed it under the covers, with you, no results. The Arlington only charges $19 a night more and you get first class service with human comforts. What a joke to stay at the Park. We left early and lost $!
GDUKE Spring, Texas

Stayed: April 2008, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 February 2009

I work for a small company that gives bus tours to different locations for private individuals. I checked a variety of hotels in the area for V-Day week-end. Several wouldn't call me back, but Park hotel did. The staff there went above and beyond to make the week-end special for my clients. They provided us a private parking space (for parking a bus, this was important), great rooms, private reservations in their dining room, and to top it off, they also gave each adult client, vouchers to use at the casino in town for free money. I loved the friendly staff that greeted me by name when they saw me and the true history of the hotel. It is as if you are staying in one of those old mansions, you usually only get to tour. It is within walking distance of several area attractions and the rooms have a beautiful view of the park. Contact Steve and he will make your trip great! Thanks Steve for everything! You are 1 in a million!

• Stayed: February 2009, travelled on business
Reviewed 16 February 2009

1. The room was mostly clean. It is an old building and was about as clean as you can get an old building
2. The walls are very thin, therefore you can hear the passionate events next door.
3. The staff was very friendly.
4. The price was ok, however I feel a little high for the place.
5. The bed was comfortable.
6. The windows are originally, so open with nothing keeping my children from falling 4 floors below.
7. We only had warm water, while others had scalding hot water. There was plenty of water pressure.
8. The food was a bit pricy, but good, $30 a couple.
9. The wireless internet worked great.
10. The hotel is in a good location.
11. They offer mineral water piped directly from the hot springs. You don’t get this in very many places now.
12. There breakfast was banana bread and coffee.

• Stayed: February 2009, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed 23 January 2009

Some friends of ours got married at the Arlington last month, and initially we were not going to be able to attend. At the last minute our plans changed, but the Arlington was booked. We ended up at the Park Hotel for two nights, and contrary to some of the other reviews that we read on this sight, the hotel was charming, warm and friendly. All of the staff were very professional. The room that we had was a little small, but very clean and had that old world feel. The location was perfect, besides being convenient for attending all of our wedding parties, it is near the hot springs and bath houses, all of the quaint shops downtown, plenty of local bars and restaurants, as well as a beautiful National Park. By the way, we also had a great meal at their Italian Restaurant Angels in the Park. Overall, a real nice experience.

• Stayed: December 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank Caitlin37
StevePark, Director of Sales at Park Hotel of Hot Springs, responded to this reviewResponded 23 February 2009

We are happy we could help you in a crunch. Thanks for your review and please come visit us again.