“A gem!”

Ranked #28 of 45 Hotels in Hot Springs
Memphis, Tennessee
“A gem!”
Reviewed 6 November 2010

I've been to Hot Springs several times. I enjoyed this trip more than any other. The location is perfect and the staff could not have been any nicer or accomodating. This hotel has a lot of character, and may not be as "high tech" as other, newer places, but I felt like these 1930's characteristics were fabulous. I enjoyed the Park Hotel and staff as much as the other activities and people I met in Hot Springs that weekend! I don't understand the bad reviews?????? I will return!

• Stayed October 2010, travelled with friends
1 Thank Jondle

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
Bryant, Arkansas
Reviewed 5 November 2010

Highly recommend The Park Hotel! What an AMAZING experience. My husband & I were celebrating our 1st anniversary. Neither of us have stayed here, and thought it would be a nice little treat to have a weekend getaway to celebrate. I only had one person recommend the hotel & took it on chance as a neat place to stay. What a pleasant & wonderful surprise the experience turned out to be!!! The staff (especially Debbie) were WONDERFUL!!! Accommodating in every way! The nostalgia & history of the hotel was unbelievable!! I must say this was the easiest trip to plan for & the BEST by far (all thanks to Debbie)!!! We will be returning VERY soon!!!! Thank you to all who made our first anniversary an excellent one!!!!

• Stayed October 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank hproctor
Sacramento, CA
Reviewed 4 November 2010

Don't even think about staying anywhere else in Hot Springs! This is an old hotel with lots of character, one block off the main (bathhouse) drag, so perhaps a bit quieter than some. While the age and amenities of the building might not appeal to all, the imperfections are eclipsed by the warm, helpful and sincerely caring staff. Debbie at the front desk is the ideal ambassador for the place, and it wouldn't have been nearly so enjoyable a stay without her. She went above and beyond with helpful advice and perks.
Also, they will hook you up with a discount on the baths, and they have bikes to rent for an extremely reasonable rate.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled with friends
1 Thank Bakbouk
Dallas
Reviewed 25 October 2010

If you are looking for a hotel that is cheap and specifically located in Hot Springs, this hotel is a decent choice. It is located towards the end of Fountain Street thus away from traffic and noises which is much needed for somewhat quality sleeping.

The hotel is historical and well kept. It has all of your necessary modern requirements i.e. lighting, flushing toilets, hot/cold water, bar, restaurant, and front desk. The staff was very friendly upon check-in. We originally booked for a 2 twin beds but they upgraded us to 2 double beds at no additional cost. Once we walked into the room, our noses were assailed immediately by a pungent, musty odor. Its probably due to no fresh air circulation so we tried to turn on the air conditioner. Since the controls were very old, I called front desk asked how to operate it. The staff member suggested that I try opening the windows. He said it was very kool right now being 55-60 degrees so I should be able to feel some breezes. I interpreted that as his way of telling me the freakin AC doesn't work. Which is what another previous reviewer mentioned too. We opened the windows alright but it took a full day of the leaving them open before the musty odor went away. The rooms don't have ceiling fans either! Bring your own personal fan, I highly recommend it.

They don't have irons, coffee maker, ice maker etc.. They did have soap, shampoo, and towels really just your basic amenities needs. Anything beyond that then you're just dreaming...

Thank goodness when we went it was mid-October! It is cooler and not hot. I feel sorry for anyone who tries to stay here during the Summer. Just imagine how freakin hot and uncomfortable it would be to sleep there during the night. We did not sleep under the covers or sheets. Imma clean freak and leery about bed bugs. My mom brought bed sheets and blankets. We didn't want to take the chance. Or I could just be overreacting too, who knows.

The room was clean and everything worked just fine. We only needed a room to sleep and shower in. Its not like we were hanging out there all day. I will admit that my mom wanted to check out the next day. I convinced her to stay because the pricing was cheap compared to other hotels. Another reason was location....I got to park our car at the hotel parking lot. That meant I didn't have to park at Hot Springs designated parking which you have to pay. Hot Springs is not a large city mind you. It is still a very small town. Thus we were able to walk everywhere in Hot Springs such as Hot Springs National Park, shops, restaurants, etc..

If you do stay here, request for rooms facing Hot Springs National Park. Don't get a room facing Arlington Hotel because you will be awaken by the Street Cleaning Truck or Trash Man every morning between 5a -7a. It can get quite annoying when you are suppose to be on vacation and trying to sleep in.

The hotel does offer free Wi-Fi if you need it. No charge, no hassle setup either. Since we were there during the week, it was very quiet and not alot of guests I saw. They had a restaurant and bar but we never tried it. We were too busy checking out Hot Springs.

If you get a chance to try one of the bath house. I suggest trying Quapaw Bathhouse thru Park Hotel. It is cheap. For about $11 bucks (I think) you get to bathe in one of their thermal pool. We were not informed to bring bathing attire at the time of our reservations. I assumed their services were like Buckstaff Bathhouse but its not. Its slightly different. I suggest checking our their website for any questions you may have. With that being said I did have to cancel my reservation since we didn't bring any bathing suits. Oh well, next time then...

This is very important to make a note of. Upon checking in, they will have you sign paper work. Its pretty much to verify your information. I caution you to make sure you see your hotel room rates on that piece of paper. I failed to notice that. It was when I checked out that we experienced just a little bit of trouble. They ran the credit card twice. I questioned why the increase price difference of $100. The male staff who was working the desk at the time kept telling me that he would have to wait until the person who ran the credit to come in and ask that person about it. He even asked if I would be okay without a receipt. I told him no. I told him he could fax it to me then. He appeared to be either nervous or uncomfortable so we ended up going back and forth about the price difference. I calculated my total and it matched the total cost of the first receipt. I asked them what all did they charge in there. He said "Room Rates, Taxes, and Energy Costs". Unbelievable!! I don't mind paying for it. But I mind not being informed about it upon reservations or check in!!

SO ASK UPON CHECK IN EXACTLY WHAT YOU WILL BE CHARGED AND WHAT EXTRA COSTS WILL BE ADDED UPON CHECK OUT.

My reasonings for not recommending this to my friends is because it doesn't have AC. I know they would want AC regardless. I personally didn't mind staying there because it was kool enough for me to open our windows all day and night.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled with family
Austin
Reviewed 4 October 2010

I expect more for my money than just a place to stay. The quaint charm is great, but I don't like surprise fees, broken chairs and A/C. Both were repaired quickly, but the A/C went out again and again. The third time we were told we could go down to the front desk and pick up a fan. The didn't offer to bring it up. They advertise cable, but don't have a single sports channel. TV remote didn't work. I didn't mind the small size and thin walls, I expected it, but when you have A/C, but it doesn't work, have cable but only 8 channels, that's just false advertisement!

• Stayed October 2010, travelled with friends
1 Thank firethumb

Travellers are raving about these Hot Springs hotels

Long Beach, Mississippi
Reviewed 4 October 2010

Very well maintained historic hotel right across the street from hiking trails and attractions. Dogs are very welcome, they can even join you for dinner at Angel's restaurant in the hotel. I wake up at 3 AM, the front desk was more than happy to put on a pot of strong coffee. Five star stay at this one.

• Stayed October 2010
1 Thank Drslot
Memphis, Tennessee
Reviewed 26 September 2010

The Park Hotel is not to be missed. It's not over-the-top luxurious, but rather, comfortable, clean, safe, and quiet. A very nice restoration effort has been achieved. Pay attention to the lovely floor and shower tiles.The staff are fantastic and provided numerous accurate recommendations for dining and ways to spend time. The attached restaurant, Angel's is another benefit of staying here and the food was superb. Outside dining is also an option. The chef prepares a baked delicasy each evening for the guests the following morning. You literally walk out the front door and you're in the National Park. From there, you have several choices of hiking trails. Either a short walk or drive will take you to many others. Detailed maps of the well-maintained trails are available at the Park Service Headquarters a few minutes away. My car stayed parked for days because I could walk to so many wonderful things to do.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled solo