“Clean, small room”

Ranked #13 of 44 Hotels in Hot Springs
Texas
“Clean, small room”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 September 2007

A very clean room. Small, but clean. IF you are looking for basic, affordable lodging, this is a good place. The rooms are small and with no frills, such as hair dryers, but the staff is very accomodating and it has a great location on the lake. It isn't that great for business travel, since there is no internet service, but again...........it's clean.

• Liked — The view of the lake
  • Disliked — no internet
  • Stayed September 2007, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
memphis
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 September 2007

me and my sister both booked a room here for my wedding in hot springs...upon my arrival I was greeted by a front desk clerk who spoke very rudely to the person on the phone....and rolled her eyes when she looked at me. My sister had to move out of her room to another hotel because of ants.....although my room was fine and the house keepers where nice....the lady at the front desk was contiously rude and to me, my family, and other guests I heard her speak with...although it didn't ruin my weekend I was disappoitned and emberasses that my guests had to deah with her.

• Liked — view
  • Disliked — staff
  • Stayed September 2007, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
4 Thank mich4416
Virginia Beach, Virginia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 August 2007

I completely agree with previous reviews. My family (wife, son 14, daughter 6, and me) were wanting to stay in Hot Springs as we passed through Arkansas. We got a Hot Springs booklet at the Welcome Center at the Texas border. We called and booked room sight unseen. Picture in catalog ad showed motel before next door building was built. That turned out to be the only disappointment. Although Airport Road is very busy and you can hear the roar of cars and trucks even over night from the balcony, the rooms are surprisingly quiet. The cleaning staff was very friendly. Enjoy swimming from the dock, but watch out for cinder blocks on shallow side near seawall. The water becomes very deep quickly and having floating devices is a good idea for everyone. The motel does not provide towels for swimming and ask that you do not use their towels for swimming.Try to get an upstairs room. The view is better. I just wonder what it will be like when the (what appears to be) condos right next door open. The building already blocks the direct left view.

• Liked — Comfortable room, great view, lake swimming
  • Disliked — noisy Airport Road
  • Stayed August 2007, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Memphis, Tennessee
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2007

The Country Inn Lake Resort is located along Airport Rd., just a few miles from Historic Downtown Hot Springs. The inn offers rooms with single queen size beds (which include a microwave and small refrigerator), and larger rooms with 2 queen size beds and fully equipped kitchenettes. Some have views of Lake Hamilton. My room was small, but very clean and comfortable. My only complaints: my room was on the side that faced busy and noisy Airport Rd., and I could hear the people in the room next to mine, to an extent. Getting a good night's sleep was difficult. I would gladly stay at the inn again. But next time, I will stay in a room not facing Airport Rd.

• Liked — I felt more at home than in a hotel.
  • Disliked — My room faced a busy, noisy highway.
  • Stayed July 2007
1 Thank TimC38
Lafayette, LA.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2007

We found ourselves having to find a last-minute place to stay when the Miss Arkansas pagent was in town filling most of the newer hotels. We liked the rustic look of this place and the obvious scenic views afforded on lake Hamilton, with the mountians as a backdrop. If they keep prices near what we paid, you get a really large room with a fully furnnished kitchen and living area with a lakeview and patio for around $80. We were only two people but the singles were gone. They are a great deal at around $60. The room was very clean but the carpet and sofa were by no means new looking. Small tade-off in our opinion. I loved the service we get at these non-chain type Inns as well. To think we almost payed $120 to stay in a much smaller chain hotel with no view and bad service. If they stay true to the traditional small Inn prices, we plan on bringing a group of 4 adults later in the summer. I would ask for a room near the outside left edge of the Inn or upper level if you like peace and quiet. Ours was there and was more peaceful than the opposite end near the floating swimming deck below.

Stayed June 2007
4 Thank LATeach
Greenville, Texas, USA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 June 2006

This is a great little motel, right on the shores of Lake Hamilton. The property was well kept, the rooms clean, the beds comfortable, the location great, the staff was friendly, and the views of the lake and mountains from the balcony were spectacular! Just sitting on the balcony or on the swimming dock watching the sun set was one of the most relaxing things I've done in a long time. The place was quiet and the guests well behaved.

The one major drawback for some is the fact that there were no designated "Non-Smoking" rooms. I did not know this when I booked the room, but the staff was very helpful in providing an "Ionizer" to clean the air in the room. This process only took a couple of hours and the obvious cigarette smell was gone.

Please note that only the kitchenette units are lake front and provide lake views. The smaller motel rooms are in the building behind the lakefront units and provide a view of the parking lot.

The $80 rate I paid for lakefront accomodations in Hot Springs is a truly outstanding value. I will definitely return and encourage those who are looking for a good clean motel on the lake to try the Country Inn Lake Resort.

• Stayed June 2006
13 Thank capman100
Lake Mills, Wisconsin
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 April 2006

I traveled to Hot Springs with my folks for a family get-together and to see the Arkansas Derby. We had decided to send our week in Hot Springs staying at the Country Inn Lake Resort. It's a nice little resort right on Lake Hamilton, with 16 Kitchenette units right on the lake and 12 more Motel units set behind the Kitchenette units. The resort also has 2 Pavilions (1 covered) with BBQ facilities, 2 covered boat docks and a swimming dock. The resort also offers nice room amenities: Refrigerator in rooms, Microwave Oven in rooms, Cable TV, Coffee Maker, Air Conditioning, Data Ports and Handicapped Accessible rooms.
We had reserved 1 Kitchenette unit ($70.00 a night) for my folks and 1 Motel unit ($55.00 a night) for me. The Kitchenette units are quite roomy with 2 double beds and a nice large bathroom. The Motel units are smaller with 1 double bed and a small bathroom. Both units were clean and comfortable though.
As with all motels, there are a few negatives too. The resort is on a small piece of land so getting a bigger vehicle down to and out of the parking area behind the Kitchenette units can be a little tricky with a large car or SUV. Bring your own Kleenex tissue with you as they don't supply it in the rooms. The Motel unit bathrooms can only accommodate 1 person at a time, with the bathroom door somewhat blocking access to the sink. Make sure you have the right amount of towels in the room when you leave, as the resort will bill you for any missing ones...even if you didn't take any. Finally, the one big complaint we had was we had to pay for our whole 7 night stay right when we checked in. Once we arrived, I found out that I could have stayed at a relatives home for the last 3 days of our vacation. This plan was shot down when the resort informed us that we were responsible for all 7 days even if we didn't use them. If your going to be staying one night...no problem. If your staying more...consider this when booking your reservations.
All in all though, I would still recommend this resort. It's very clean and easy to find...and for $55.00 a night you can't go wrong in a tourist town like Hot Springs.

22 Thank Thee_Idol