“Great Breakfast, No Privacy”

Hilltop Manor Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #2 of 19 Hot Springs B&B and Inns
aphillips330
“Great Breakfast, No Privacy”
Reviewed 15 March 2010

We stayed in the Magnolia room. The house was very nice and the room was very clean. The breakfast was FANTASTIC. The only 2 negatives were the bed (extremely uncomfortable) and the lack of privacy. The room faced the street and all the curtains were sheer. We went to Hot Springs for a romantic weekend and the lack of privacy made for a very uncomfortable weekend.

• Stayed March 2010, travelled as a couple
HilltopManor, Owner at Hilltop Manor Bed & Breakfast, responded to this review, 19 March 2010
I would like to thank you for taking the time to let us know your thoughts. However, I do wish we would have known you were uncomfortable as soon as you realized their was an issue so that we could have remedied the situation. We only have 5 suites but at the time of your stay we did have another that you could have switched to.

I would like to clarify that outside the window of the Magnolia is our private driveway, not a public street. The building is set back from the public road about 1 acre - with a waterfall and garden in between. We take our guests comfort seriously and I am sorry you felt uncomfortable. Because of your comment I have installed a set of wooden blinds on the window to guarantee privacy.

I am confused about the bed. Previously we have had only great comments on how comfortable our mattress is and how they enjoy the thick 1,000 thread count sheets. I specifically asked the guests that stayed in the Magnolia room this morning about the bed and they said it was lovely and very comfortable. I do realize that different people prefer different mattress styles - we will continue to monitor by asking about how comfortable the room is at breakfast each morning.

I am glad that everything was clean and breakfast was enjoyable. I do appreciate your input as we continue to strive for perfection.

Faith Kraemer
Owner of Hilltop Manor

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (75)
CaroleH
Reviewed 23 February 2010

The Hilltop Manor Bed & Breakfast was such a wonderful experience for me. I came to get rest and relaxation from my everyday routine with the husband and kids. The place was beautiful and all I could say when I walked in my room was "hallelujah"! From the accomodations to the service to the food, it was great. "Hallelujah" actually means the highest praise and I personally give this place a big "Hallelujah"! I WILL be back!

• Stayed February 2010, travelled solo
Arkansas
Reviewed 19 February 2010

We arrived at check in and were greeting by Faith herself. She made us feel very welcome and at home. This was our honeymoon night and the extra touches of champagne and wedding cake made us feel very special. The bed was one of the most comfortable I've ever slept in! Breakfast was delivered the next morning to our room for us to enjoy at our "breakfast nook." We will definitely be making a return visit! Thank you Faith!

Fort Worth, TX
Reviewed 18 February 2010

We stayed in the Spruce room over Valentine's Day weekend, and would definitely recommend it. The fireplace in the room is gas, so you can easily control it. The king-size bed was great. The only thing that got us out of it was that breakfast was being served in our room (you can also choose to eat it downstairs).

The breakfasts came in 2 courses, and were awesome. Faith asks what you want to drink in the morning, and we got it - full pitcher of coffee and glasses of OJ - along with a true variety of food. At 4pm every day is snacktime, with a beverage and choice of sweets, cheeses, or whatever happens to be available that day. The inn also offers complimentary soft drinks or bottled water, candy and chips.

The inn is pretty much open to you to wander around, to play games in the dining area, or walk around the lawn area, and there's even a swing in a tree. You can even grab a DVD from the library downstairs to watch in your room. The location itself is on the major thoroughfare in Hot Springs, Highway (or Park Road) 7, which was very convenient.

Memphis, TN
Reviewed 16 February 2010

We stayed here on our honeymoon and the accommodations were perfect. Nice location on the north side of Hot Springs, near the historic district and lots of restaurants. Historic aspect of the house was really interesting. We imagined ourselves sitting in the dining room and listening to Sinatra. Breakfast as excellent, and the snacks were perfect for late afternoon. We would do this again (and probably will).

Little Rock, AR
Reviewed 16 February 2010

This was my first time to a B&B and I will definitely go back to this one!
Faith does an amazing job.

Sherwood, Arkansas
Reviewed 15 February 2010

Our first anniversary was beautiful from the drive up to the B & B. Hilltop Manor is beautiful and luxurious. It's got the "home" feeling but you are not cooking or cleaning. And I would love for my house to look that grand!!! Keep it going and I will be back soon.