“Yummy and unique”

Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Reservations
Louisiana
“Yummy and unique”
Reviewed 14 August 2014

We had the sampler platter and it was great. Good atmosphere, nice wait staff, and different food. If you like Mexican (not Tex Mex - it didn't claim to be ;) then you will like Rolando's! I would agree that their famous flaming queso dip was just so-so.

• Visited March 2014

“Best Food Around”
Reviewed 9 August 2014 via mobile

I come to Hot Springs once a year and eating here is a must each visit. My personal favorite is the talapia with tequila caper sauce but everything on the menu is excellent. I hate I cant pack Rolando's up and take them home with me. Great service, great salsa, great drinks and great atmosphere.

Hot Springs, Arkansas
“Disappointing”
Reviewed 9 August 2014 via mobile

We had lunch yesterday at around 1:30 and were the only ones there.
The flaming Queso dip was a pretty presentation but lacked flavor. It's stringy and has to be eaten with a fork. The black bean and corn salsa was boring.
The fish tacos came out in a hodgepodge if ingredients all piled together. You had to dig to find the tortillas' and is also best eaten with a fork. At first I couldn't see any black beans and rice, later uncovered when I ate a cucumber. They were mashed together. The Popeyes burrito was enjoyed by my on guest however the accompaniments lacked flavor. The Quesidilla was average and disappointing.
This is a cute trendy place but certainly not true Central American cuisine
$$ for lunch.
Won't return most likely

1 Thank ArkSw
Pflugerville
“Amazing!!”
Reviewed 8 August 2014

Great Central American cuisine! Food is not spicy...like Mexican dishes nor bland like some Cuban dishes. Popeye's burrito...way to go. Outside patio is quaint and live music was a nice touch.

Eureka Springs, Arkansas
“Best downtown Restuarant (IMHO)”
Reviewed 6 August 2014

Whenever I'm in Hot Springs, I always try to eat at least once at Rolando's. It's has wonderful unusual central American style food that has always been delicious. This time we shared (between 3 of us) the guacamole dip and the Queso Flamdo (a(real) Monterey jack cheese dip. The guacamole was delis, not sure what they put in it, but it's a little different from other guacamole and it was great.
The two dips were more than enough for the three of us as an appetizer. I had the Shrimp Quesadillas a flour tortilla stuffed with sautéed shrimp, cheese and vegetables topped with tomatillo sour cream sauce, cilantro and parsley. More than enough food for me. Actually too much. (seems to be a trait of restaurant in America, wish they had a smaller portions on the menu) But the food was outstanding. Our waiter was not pushy and informative and helpful.
Excellent place to eat if you're downtown. Will be back.