“dont judge a book by it cover!!”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Alpine Inn

Alpine Inn
Ranked #4 of 19 Hot Springs B&B and Inns
“dont judge a book by it cover!!”
Reviewed 28 July 2014

we (my mom and step dad and me and my daughter) stayed here in early july. we got two separate queen rooms. although the rooms were small, they were very nice and clean. the couple that owns this place obviously takes great pride in their inn. it is close to bath house row and easy to get in and out of. me and my daughter are planning a trip in august to hot springs for a end of summer mini vacay and plan on staying here again. the owners give great service. cant wait to visit again soon.

Room Tip: don't judge by the outside. the rooms are nice and clean. however electrical outlets are few.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank lzysmom

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (115)
Independence, Missouri
Reviewed 24 July 2014

We drove by the bath houses, then turned a couple of turns, and found Alpine Inn. We checked in and were given a key. We parked by the room, and opened the door. The bed was cramped in the room, one tiny chair, The television was on the other side. Literally we kept bumping into each other.

There was only one outlet to plug in our phones, no phone in the room, by the way. There was an antiquated coffee maker, tiny refrigerator with 2 prewrapped muffins, and Capri Sun juice packs. We didn't eat them. That's too much sugar.

I washed my hair in the tiny shower, went to plug in the blow dryer, no bathroom outlet. I bumped into my mom to plug in the blow dryer in the plug in where the phones were plugged in.

At night I heard noises, I couldn't tell if it was basic neighborhood noises, or my imagination. I got up to check the car several times.

We quickly left the next morning to drive around a bit the next morning. Hot Springs isn't a place I"d return, and no, I'd not suggest this hotel. The owner was nervous about getting the room dirty from activities we planned on doing, but did give me an excellent hint, also gave us a 10% off discount to Quapaw, which was a plus. Free wifi was nice, considering....I looked up crime rate in Hot Springs....

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank Rhonlynn
Monticello, Arkansas
Reviewed 22 July 2014 via mobile

We stayed in one of the balcony rooms. It was super clean and the king bed was awesomely comfortable. This suite had three rooms(+bathroom) so it was very roomy. The owners are very nice people. They took us to our room and showed us around. Breakfast was in our kitchen refrigerator for the next morning. There was more than enough for us as we are not big breakfast eaters. Muffins, breakfast bars, and 4 juices. Would stay again and would like to check out other rooms and try out the pool it looked refreshing.

Stayed July 2014
2 Thank Karen S
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 14 July 2014

We were just passing through and needed a place to stay for the night and a kitchen is always helpful. We arrived around 8:00pm and just pressed the button on registration and Leslie was right out with our key. (Leslie and Eric are the most friendly & helpful owners, they even visit you in the morning when you are packing out).

We stayed in the Fleur De Lis Room, the kitchen has sink, microwave, mini fridge (with a small freezer), toaster, coffee maker. (Note: 2 dishes, silverware is in top of black cabinet and drawer sticks - so pull hard). Bed is a king and is very comfortable, there's amble space in the room with a porch and seating area out side. So for the extra $10 a night this is the room to get. There was a storm coming the night we were there and there are about 6 spaces that are covered - unusual for a motor inn. This is a clean and updated older hotel so there a few scuffs and dings, but it just creates the character.

Room Tip: Fleur De Lis Room has extra space that is worth the slightly higher rate.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Paul M
Winnsboro, Texas
Reviewed 13 July 2014

Location is just down the road from bathhouse rowe. Very friendly owners and very nice rooms. All rooms have themes and are nicely decorated. We really enjoyed staying at this small Inn. Next time we come we will stay here again!!!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Loree H
Reviewed 11 July 2014

Cute place to stay if you want to get away from the usual hotel chain, the breakfast is two caprisons and two muffins, good place for two too stay, my favorite part was the cat that walks around the property "Al" he's very friendly as well, the only thing I would advise is check in and give the a/c time to cool the room off (about an hour) other than that loved it

Stayed July 2014
2 Thank Jpetmie
Fayetteville, Arkansas
Reviewed 4 July 2014

If you're looking for a hotel with that small town feel, this is it! The owners were so very nice and attentive our entire stay. They run this place mostly on their own, with the help of a few housekeepers. The husband and wife duo checked on us several times throughout our one night stay to see if there was anything we needed. We stayed in their smallest room with a queen bed. It was very quaint, but it was all that we needed as a couple. The AC was cold and I loved having a ceiling fan. The motel is a redone vintage one, so the bathroom wasn't anything fancy. I appreciated the upgraded shower head. Everything in the room was very clean. For breakfast, there was Capri Sun, muffins, and granola bars in the fridge. It was a cute little touch and made me feel like a kid again. The pool was great and because it is only a 17 bed motel, there wasn't anyone to share it with at the time we used it. There is a garden area out back, which we used in the evening for a cigar and beverages. The owners definitely take pride in the place and it shows. For the price, the place is phenomenal considering what you get. I appreciate that they don't do weekly rates for workers and keep it strictly "tourist" style. After our trip was over, I realized I had left some clothing in the motel room. I called the owner who graciously put it back for me and allowed me to pick it up the next week when I came back to town. Great service points! We will stay here again on any return trips to Hot Springs.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple