“This was a great first time striper fishing trip!”

Xtreme Strike Guide Service
More attraction details
Owner description: Xtreme Strike Guide Service provides first class fishing on all area lakes of Hot Springs, AR. We mainly guide for Stripers and Hybrid Bass but also have guide recommendations for other species of fish. To set up your hassle free fishing trip with the areas best guides, give me a call.
Reviewed 7 August 2014

I've been an avid large mouth bass fisherman for 40 years. I've always said I'll NEVER pay a guide to take me fishing. But I'm glad I did. I came to Hot Springs prepared to fish from the bank if I had to. We ended up booking a trip with Scott, and I'm glad we did.
We met up with Scott at 5am and were on the water before 6. He was very personable and friendly. We had lines on the water as we watched a beautiful sunrise over the mountains. Scott kept us with fish under the boat all morning. It started out slow, which from all I had read was to be expected. Before too long I had the first fish on the line. It was everything I had imagined! What a fight! Before this trip, my personal best was a 7 1/2 pound large mouth, and that was a fight. It paled in comparison to what I had on my hands with this striper. We ended up with the one 15 lb striper and a couple of walleye. Scott had us on the fish all morning, they just weren't biting very well. We weren't alone, as we could see other fishermen having the same experience. All in all it was a fantastic trip. Scott put us in a nice boat, with good equipment. He was very professional, and attentive. He took good care of us and made it an enjoyable experience. I caught my personal best. We had a 22 year old from California, that had never been fishing, landed a six pound walleye for a first ever fish. I'm looking forward to the day I can find time to do this again with Scott.

4  Thank TrentonABurton
ScottWillis, Owner at Xtreme Strike Guide Service, responded to this reviewResponded 14 February 2017

I had a great time with you guys. I felt bad for the boy when he lost the big fish at the end of the day. That was a great fish he was hooked up with. I look forward to seeing your crew again next time you're in Hot Springs.

Reviewed 19 June 2014

Wow! This was an amazing fishing experience for us! My husband and our 9 year old son and I went on an excursion for catching striped bass.

First, scott was awesome and came through at the very last minute to take us out on Sunday morning. He was ready to go, personable and absolutely professional. Very nice boat and equipment. Top notch service.

We enjoyed a beautiful day on lake ouachita (our very first visit to the area).
He knew exactly what he was doing and found the striped bass right away! We caught our share of these beautiful fish, and with some awesome guide help I had the experience to reel in 20 pounds! I changed instantly from someone who has never really fished before to contemplating how I could do this more often! I didn't even really get fishing before, but it was exhilarating and exciting, way better than I expected!

Scott was very patient and helpful with all of us, and our son. He is an obviously skilled fisherman with the ability to assist others and make us feel like we were doing it. He also helped us get some great photos.

When we finished he very skillfully cleaned and filleted our fish and packaged it up for us. They told us all about how to prepare it, which was awesome!

We enjoyed a tour through some of this beautiful lake. The value of the experience was great! We are trying to figure out when we can go again!

3  Thank Kate E

I enjoyed being on the water with you guys. Lots of fun and good memories made. I hope to see yall again in the near future. Thanks again.