“Good if downtown.”

Ranked #38 of 285 Restaurants in Hot Springs
Price range: US$8 - US$12
Cuisines: American, Irish, Pub
Dining options: After-hours
Description: Irish themed pub / Sports bar featuring classic Irish entrees such as Irish Stew and Guinness battered fish n chips, along with house specialties such as the Hell Fire Burger, Copper Burger, Steak Sandwich and Panzanella salad. Full bar with over 15 craft beers on tap. 7 Big screen TVs feature all your favorite sporting events and weekend nights we offer live music.
Reviewed 24 August 2014

We were downtown at a convention. The restaurants at Spencer's Corner were backed up. This new place was 1/2 block away so we decided to try it. Limited menu. Beautiful old building. We split a sandwich and fries. The food was very good. Our lunch companion said his was good also. I would not make a special trip to eat here but if I were downtown under the same conditions this would be high on my list.

Reviewed 22 August 2014

After getting into Hot Springs late on a Sunday night we were given the advice by Eric and Leslie at the Alpine Inn of a possible late night food experience. We were so hungry and it was our last night of vacation. We were ready to just get something, but did not want to resort to fast food. The Copper Penny was their suggestion. We passed it at first on the quieter night time Hot Springs street. But we were on a mission at that point. We were well rewarded. Peggy, the owner of this newly remodeled and inviting oasis, brought our drinks with a joke and a wink. Our luck was not diminished though and we were in time to experience the best steak sandwich in my adult memory. We also enjoyed the Reuben sandwich which was richly textured and flavorful. Our sides were equally as pleasing from the vegetable dish with the unusual name, Panzanella, and the Irish fries with a house red pepper sauce (ketchup is almost an insult). Peggy brought a house sauce called the garlic aioli for the steak sandwich that knocked my socks off. We were limited in our time in Hot Springs, but made sure to come by the next day for lunch before our departure. Stephanie ensured we were given the best service and, well, the food again spoke for itself.

Reviewed 9 August 2014

I was there with five others for lunch. Everyone enjoyed their meal. It is obvious that someone knows how to cook quality food. I really appreciated the fact that our food was not something from out the back of a food service truck.

1  Thank Michael C
Reviewed 31 July 2014 via mobile

Just happened upon this pub and decided to try something new. My husband had the Ruben and I had the panzanella which is vegetables in a light dressing. Both were great! Planning on coming back for dinner on Thursday or Friday night when they have live music.

Reviewed 30 July 2014

Struggled to find a place with other people in it on a Tuesday night! This place was great. Staff v attentive and friendly. Food very good and reasonably priced.