“Excellent way to spend an afternon”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Quapaw Bathhouse

Quapaw Bathhouse
Austin, Texas
18 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 38 helpful votes
“Excellent way to spend an afternon”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 May 2014

I visited with some friends who were on an outdoors club trip from Austin. I was visiting my family in Hot Springs Village 20 minutes away and caught up with the group here one afternoon.
It was very interesting to see a classic bathhouse with 5 different pools of various temperatures. They had the stained glass ceiling features which further contributed to the atmosphere. It is kept as clean as one could hope with a bunch of people soaking in hot, non-chlorinated water and they have a small food window where you can get snacks and beverages including wine and beer. Unfortunately, I could find no one to tend to my order so did not get to enjoy a beverage.
A friend and I both had massages after we spent a few hours in the bath. Mine was combined with a facial and both were great. The therapist was skilled, sweet and friendly. My travel companion said that he wanted to bring his therapist home to Austin with us since she was so incredible and the lady that had his therapist before him exclaimed that it was the best massage she had ever experienced.
I highly recommend Quapaw if you have several hours to spend in Hot Springs. If you do want spa services after the bath, you do need to schedule these ahead of time as there may not be immediate availability.

1 Thank HiDef_inATX
QuapawStaff, Manager at Quapaw Bathhouse, responded to this review, 30 May 2014
We are delighted to hear that you had such a great experience. We hope, of course, the next time you are in town that you visit again. We apologize for the delay in our cafe and we are currently working on the situation. Have a wonderful weekend.

-Nikki Allen
Boutique Manager

Seattle, Washington, United States
27 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 25 helpful votes
“Wonderful, relaxing experience.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 May 2014

This is the top choice for a modern spa experience in Hot Springs. The Quapaw is one of the historic bathhouses and the renovated building retains some attractive details while being usefully updated. I had "The Quapaw" package consisting of hot mineral bath, massage, and foot treatment. The bath was wonderfully relaxing, the massage very professional and invigorating, and the foot treatment very nice indeed. Tip: if you stay at the Quapaw B&B a few blocks away, the innkeepers can save you money by combining your lodging with a package at the Bathhouse.

1 Thank Joe N
Magnolia, Arkansas
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Perfect for everyone”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 May 2014

I have been here several times and will continue to visit. It is perfect for the romantic get away or a girls weekend trip. The staff is supper nice and helpful the private baths are amazing and so relaxing. They offer single rooms and a couples massage room, which my husband and I use and my mother and I have also used. They really give you the full spa experience without seeming to stuffy.

Elgin, Illinois
35 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 87 helpful votes
“Very Relaxing”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 May 2014

We wanted to check out the Hot Springs Baths but didn't want the whole massage, etc treatment. They have 4 different pools with different temps. We went during the week so it wasn't very crowded. It's kind of like a giant hot tub/swimming pool. They provided towels & ice water & some lounge chairs (not very comfortable) if you wanted to get out & sit awhile. It was a cold windy day, so the warmth felt good. It was $18 a person, so it's not something I would do everyday. Actually, I wouldn't do it everyday if it were less. But, it was nice for a one time thing.

2 Thank goldenruler
Checotah
19 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 46 helpful votes
“Ultimate Pampering”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2014 via mobile

I've tried for years (without success) to convince my husband to join me for a couple's massage. I finally decided to arrange a surprise get-away weekend to Hot Springs, complete with a couples bath & massage! He loved it!! The Quapaw staff pampered us from the moment we walked in! We enjoyed our relaxing experience so much that we decided to hang out in Quapaw's hot springs pools the rest of the afternoon! We will be back!

Visited April 2014