“"An asthonishing experience"”

Ranked #9 of 19 Hot Springs B&B and Inns
Little Rock, Arkansas
“"An asthonishing experience"”
Reviewed 14 February 2011

The Gable Inn is one ewxperience that all first time B/B couples should attempt. All rooms are affordable, and they also offer many historical adventures which will leave you talking about for many years to come. Once you visit the gabless Inn, it will have you adopting it as your premier B/B inn. GREAT LOCATION! 1ST CLASS ALL THE WAY.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Texas
Reviewed 17 September 2010

Overall the stay in this bed and breakfast was ok. The decor was a little cluttered, my room had about 50 barbie dolls in a glass case staring at me while I was sleeping which was a little creepy but the bed was fine (as long as you were not looking at the dolls). The owners greet you when you arrive, and serve you a good breakfast every morning and our stay was about 3 days total. We were in "Lillians room". What really put me off of this bed and breakfast aside from the doll themed clutter decor was the acutal owner. We were checking out and being newly pregnant with morning sickness I was vomiting in the bathroom. We were running about 10 min behind the established "checkout" time. The owner promptly began to raise his voice letting us know that if we were not out in 5 min he was going to charge us another night and that there was nothing he could do about it. This made us rather angry because I was trying to get it together as fast as I could. I wish I could tell you that were were rowdy guests or intoxicated or rude however this wasn't the case. We quickly left per the owner requests to avoid an extra 175 dollar charge for 10 minuets. If the bed and breakfast were not privately owned or if it was a teenage employee that was simply trying to abide by the rules, I think that their behavior would be understandable. But really 10 min? And the man really did throw us out. I don't think that sort of behavior is appealing in any way shape or form, but I would NOT recommend this bed and breakfast to anyone especially pregnant women.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple
8 Thank Montserrat_Mexico
Fayetteville, Arkansas
Reviewed 26 April 2010

We had an awesome time at The Gables Inn Bed and Breakfast. It was cozy, warm and close to the downtown area and all the bathhouses & restaurants. It was like something out of a period film with it's 1800 century victorian decor and a breakfast served to you like you were part of a royal family. We loved every moment and were sad to leave when it was time to check out. We will definitely go back and highly recommend it to all of our friends and family. It was our first trip to Hot Springs, Arkansas but it won't be our last thanks to Judy and David at The Gables Inn.

• Stayed March 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank sashby07
Little Rock, Arkansas
Reviewed 26 April 2010

We completely enjoyed our stay at The Gables Inn. We booked a wedding/honeymoon package. The service and accomodations were outstanding. We had a beautiful wedding in the garden and the Lillian room with the private balcony is beautiful. Although still in a quiet location it is centrally located close to the downtown area where all the activity is. David and Judy were fantastic hosts. We look forward to future trips.

• Stayed April 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank rasah77
Grand Prairie, Texas
Reviewed 6 April 2010

Upon arriving at the hotel the owners were extremely rude and not helpful at all. Prior to arrival my adult son called the hotel and asked that if they would receive a Fed-Ex package. They did but did not like it. We had reserved two rooms. We asked that in one of the rooms we could have a third person and they not only said no but said that their was not a place at the breakfast table. In fact there w asan empty place. So we were forced t orenting a room at adifferent hotel. We offered to pay what every she wanted for the extra guest. She refused to cooperate and in fact would not refund the Saturday night rate for the room. She kept repeating that she has rules and that every guest had to following these rules with no exception. The breakfast was extremely mediocore. Sunday we decided to go out to a restaurant and have a good hot breakfast. The roomswere extremely small and a even smaller bathroom. This is not luxury. I would never recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed April 2010, travelled as a couple
7 Thank vallarta001
Louisiana
Reviewed 12 December 2009

I was looking for the perfect place to have the wedding of my dreams on a low budget and still be able to have all the bells and whistles of a big wedding. The Gables Inn Bed & Breakfast offered everything I was looking for down to the smallest of details. David and Judy take care of ordering your flowers, cake, lisense, pictures, and much more. We were 100% satisfied with the wedding, we choose 2 become 1 which included a 2 night stay and we added an extra 3rd night to the package. This was our first time to stay in a bed & breakfast and we will be returning agian. It was like we were special guests yet there were a few other couples there breakfast was prepared and served to us, which I found most fabulous! The room we stayed in was perfect for a honeymoon get away it had a firplace, hot tub, t.v, dvd player awsome comffy bed I could go on and on and on with our stay here. I'll just leave you wtih this thought....why stay in a hotel when you could stay at the Gables Inn Bed&Breakfast and be treated like Royality!!!

• Stayed November 2009, travelled as a couple
2 Thank meredibc
Sherman TX
Reviewed 23 October 2009

This place is great! The owners, David & Judy, were very friendly and helpful. They told me about places to eat, things to see and do in the area, that were of interest to me, and answered all my questions. The room was very cozy - the bed was absolutely comfortable - the atmosphere was the greatest! I loved the instrumental music playing in the background - just added to the total ambiance, and made my stay there even more relaxing. Loved the decor and the history of the place. I would recommend this place to anyone wanting a quiet, peaceful getaway - for a day, or more - stay here!! It's great!

• Stayed October 2009, travelled solo