“Home again home again jiggety-jig”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
1884 Wildwood Bed and Breakfast Inn
Ranked #3 of 19 Hot Springs B&B and Inns
Houston, Texas
“Home again home again jiggety-jig”
Reviewed 25 August 2011

"Home again home again jiggety-jig." For those of you that remember those words from the "Old Mother Goose Rhyme" you will understand. For this is exactly how I felt when when we turned the corner and I saw Wildwood 1884 for the first time. Wildwood is simply a gorgeous Victorian home that sits on a level above the street and is really an impressive sight. I really felt like I was coming home and that feeling never went away. My wife and her sister and another friend stayed at Wildwood in July of 2010 for three days on a ladies get-a-way and I heard about this magnificent place for an entire year. All during this time she "encouraged" me to go back there with her this summer knowing I have a particular love of the Victorian period and breakfast. With her encouragement we booked a 5 night stay beginning July 17. Now you know when someone has glorified anything for an entire year it never stands the test, or does it? Let me assure you either I had not been listening closely, althought I doubt that, or she had simply not done it justice. Let me tell you some of the highlights of our stay. This has to start with Rebecca and David our hosts; it was more like a family reunion than a paid stay. The four course breakfasts are simply to die for and are prepared by Rebecca. I played golf early one morning and was assured that I missed the best breakfast of the week which included blueberry cheesecake muffins, ham and veggie quiche with fresh fruit on the side and strawberry pancakes. I'll never made that mistake again! The tour and history of this glorious house after our first breakfast was conducted by guess who, Rebecca. Listening to her weave the history of Wildwood you really felt like you were transported back in time and one expects to see Rebecca appear in a Victorian Bustle Gown at any moment. Our room was the Blue Parlor Room which is one of the smaller rooms and both David and Rebecca offered to move us to a larger room due to our long stay. However I would have none of it because I had chosen that room in no small part due to the large private balcony with its wonderful porch swing. A great place for that first morning coffee. My wife stayed in the Rose Room during her previous stay since it slept three and is quite a large beautiful room. The brownies, cookies, popcorn, chips, cokes and ice machine in the pantry were available 24/7 as was the coffee and tea machine with individual flavors in packets in the dinning room. The big beautiful trees surrounding the home makes it really seem like your own personal residence, I wish, especially from my, I mean our balcony. One would think I really liked this magnificent place and that would be correct beyond a shadow of a doubt. If you are not familiar with Hot Springs or the surrounding area be sure and check with your hosts they will not steer you wrong. Oh and by the way on the next to the last day our stay my wife asked me if I would like to stay another day. So yes we got another one of those amazing breakfasts.

2 Thank James G

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (115)
Fayetteville, Arkansas
Reviewed 11 August 2011

This was our first weekend getaway as a couple. We honestly picked Wildwood out of accident but was so pleased that we did. We stayed in the Morroccan Suite and it was beautiful! Privacy,cleanliness, and needs were well met during our 2 night stay. We definately would stay there again when we make it back to Hot Springs!

• Stayed April 2011, travelled as a couple
Austin, Texas
Reviewed 5 August 2011

We were on the last leg of our honeymoon and what a way to settle into married life. We too stayed in the Safari Room and found the privacy comforting. I notoriously loved all the food. I had a choice of the bountiful breakfast or the goodies stached back at the room. All the amenities are merely representative of what makes Hot Springs, Arkansas an enjoyable experience.

Room Tip: Say yes to the tour!
Olla
Reviewed 26 July 2011

We stayed here for our 1 year wedding anniversary and it was absolutely perfect. We stayed in the Kipling room and it was simply stunning. The owners were hospitable and welcoming. Breakfast was 3 courses and unbelievable. We weren't able to eat lunch because of the amount of food we ate for breakfast. After breakfast, the owner gave a tour of the house and shared all of the history. This was very interesting. They booked and set up reservations for everything we did in Hot Springs. They really went above and beyond what was expected. This was our first B&B and we'll definitely be back!

Room Tip: The Kipling room has it's own private entrance/exit.
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 26 July 2011

My husband and I stayed in the Safari Suite and it was perfect for the occasion. The suite was across the street from the main house, therfore there was total privacy. The jacuzzi tub was large enough for two people to use comfortably. Although the Cottages are not included in the Breakfast at the Main House, Rebecca and David made room for us to enjoy a breakfast at the table for one of our days there... That was very much appreciated by my husband and myself!! We definitely plan to do a return stay here the next time we are in town... The Hamilton's

Room Tip: If you need a romantic private room, then I highly recommend this place, it has all the ambiance nee...
Olive Branch, Mississippi
Reviewed 26 July 2011

Wildwood was just what we needed to cap off our 3rd year of marriage. A gorgeous house with spacious yet cozy rooms in a great location. We stayed in the Barrett Browning (master) Bedroom and found ourselves sleeping late, napping and just relaxing like never before. We found some great yet casual food at Bohemia our first night and had some very nice steaks at Back Porch Grill on our anniversary. We also visited and enjoyed Fisherman's Wharf, Taco Mama's and a few others on the suggested list provided by the owners.

Hot Springs is definitely a casual, relaxing town so don't go if you're looking for the hustle and bustle of a large city. Enjoy the bed, the baths, the massages (we did the couples massage package) the shopping (Savory Pantry was our favorite spot) and the history. Be sure to take the house tour after breakfast and always go to breakfast with an appetite. We loved every second of our stay and plan to return in the relatively near future. Perhaps we'll go for the King David Room with the 7ft. claw bath tub next time....

Room Tip: Go for Barrett Browning or King David if not a suite....or maybe the one with the jacuzzi.
  • Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
Austin, Texas
Reviewed 17 July 2011

Stayed in the Safari room! Such a great place to land after a road trip! The owners were so kind and lot's of thoughtful details! Great location. Check out the Quapaw Bath House too! Ate at 1217 Cafe, McClards BBQ - both delicious! We had had a fabulous time! Breakfast at Tinkerbell's was fantastic and don;t miss the history tour of the house! You have your own private deck to enjoy also. Very romatic, but our 13 year old was comfortable on the couch!

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family