“Excellent in every way.”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
1884 Wildwood Bed and Breakfast Inn
Ranked #4 of 19 Hot Springs B&B and Inns
Mayfield, Kentucky
“Excellent in every way.”
Reviewed 8 February 2014 via mobile

The best in every way. The house was lovely. The owners so nice they made us feel like family. The breakfast was amazing. I can not even find words to describe how delicious the food was.
This is a must stay in Hot Springs.

Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (116)
Blanchard, Oklahoma
Reviewed 2 February 2014

Wildwood is such an amazing experience! We stayed an extra because we weren't ready to leave. We stayed in the safari suite and it was beautiful and romantic! The breakfast is delicious too! The history and tour of the house topped it off! Made it that much more special to know all about the history of the family who built it! Look forward to going back many many more times!

Shreveport, Louisiana
Reviewed 26 January 2014

My husband and I got married at the Wildwood bed and breakfast in November of 2005 and we have made 4-5 trips there every year since that time!! We just can not get enough of the Wildwood experience!! It is a gorgeous Victorian home beautifully restored to original grandeur of 1884. The beds are like sleeping on a cloud! The breakfast is 3 courses and are simply awesome! I do not say that often! That is the best food I have ever tasted!! The innkeepers are the best!! They are the nicest people that I have ever met! They try very hard to please each and every guest in their home! I cannot say enough good things about these wonderful people!! All I can say is that u have to try this place for yourself and book a room! Please, try the Wildwood for your next get away!! YOU will not be disappointed!! Soon, u will be back time and time again!!!

Room Tip: I recommend the Rudy Room because of the 2 person Jacuzzi in the room. It also has a king size bed a...
1 Thank jeanne z
West Monroe, Louisiana
Reviewed 13 January 2014

My husband and I decided at the last minute to take a weekend out of town for our 35th wedding anniversary . . . we could not have lucked out on a better place to stay. We stayed in the Blue Parlor room which was very comfy with a private porch which was great for just sitting and having some quiet time. If I hadn't met the other guests at breakfast I would never have known they were there. And speaking of breakfast, saying it was excellent is the understatement of the year . . . Rebecca goes over and beyond - you'll need to skip lunch for sure. After breakfast on Saturday, she gave us a history and tour of the home - very interesting - you will definitely have to check out the wood carvings, the hand painting around the fireplace and the ruby glass door. The owners have thought of everything to make your stay comfortable and enjoyable. We will definitely be back!!

Memphis, Tennessee, United States
Reviewed 9 January 2014

My fiancée and I took a get away weekend and chose the Wildwood Bed and Breakfast. From the moment we walked in, we knew we had made an excellent choice. David met us at the entrance and took us on a brief tour of the downstairs and went through some of the history. We stayed in the Kipling room, which was an excellent choice. The décor was excellent and the bed was the most comfortable bed I have slept in on any vacation. YOU BETTER NOT MISS THE BREAKFAST!! We have stayed at several bed breakfast locations and never experienced anything like this. We will be back soon

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 January 2014

We stayed two nights at the B&B and were off to a great start when, despite our late arrival, we were greeted and welcomed by David before we had even finished parking the car! The house is spectacular and has been lovingly restored by the owners, David and Rebecca. Most days after breakfast they offer a full history tour of the house (lasting about an hour), which is worth attending as they are very knowledgeable and they are happy to answer any questions about the house and the area.

Most of the bedrooms are decorated in a period style, although we stayed in the Kipling room, which is more playfully decorated in a romantic/jungle style, including stuffed (toy) animals and ornaments. It’s a style that you will either love or hate, and we definitely loved it! The only thing to note about the Kipling room is that it is rather small and we found it a bit tricky trying to fit all our bags in the limited floor space, but it does have its own private entrance, making it easier to get luggage in and out from the car.

After providing an advance warning, David and Rebecca were able to provide me with a vegetarian breakfast and all three courses were absolutely fantastic. Not that we had any room after breakfast, but the B&B kept a communal kitchenette area fully stocked with drinks and brownies (which are some of the best I have eaten). Rebecca was also able to provide us with some tips for dinner arrangements and helped us book a couple of spa packages.

The location of the B&B is slightly away from the downtown area of Hot Springs, however we found it easily walkable in about 15-20 minutes (though you may prefer to drive if it's particularly hot, or it's late at night).

I can’t recommend this B&B and its owners highly enough and we would definitely visit again, if we are in the area.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 December 2013 via mobile

My husband and I have never stayed at a bed and breakfast before. We were nervous to try something new but we booked 2 nights and the "you hold the key" package and never looked back.

The house is breathtaking. Everything from the furniture to the decorations is beautiful.

You must not miss the breakfast. I repeat DO NOT MISS THE BREAKFAST. It is the most delicious food you will ever taste. The banana bread, stuffed croissant, and cherry turnover was my favorite. The fruit is fresh and delightful.

We stayed in the Kipling room which has a 2 person jacuzzi. It was great! Everything was very romantic. I will definitely recommend this place to everyone.

Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple