“The 1884 Wildwood is extraordinary.”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
1884 Wildwood Bed and Breakfast Inn
Ranked #4 of 19 Hot Springs B&B and Inns
Longview, Texas
“The 1884 Wildwood is extraordinary.”
Reviewed 1 January 2010

My husband and I just returned from a wonderful two night stay at 1884 Wildwood B&B. Certainly the house itself is a fascinating treasure but David and Rebbeca (sp) are the real shining stars. It is apparent that they put their hearts and souls into every detail of our stay. In keeping with the Victorian style, they seem to make things "magically" happen (which I learned from Rebbeca). Such as making the bed and clearing the table after the bountiful and delicious breakfast. I wish I could express my delight as well as Rebecca would. She is quite the orator and you must not miss her tour and history lesson of the house. You will not be disappointed if you decide to stay with them.

• Stayed December 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank sltk

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (116)
Baton Rouge, LA
Reviewed 14 December 2009

This was our second trip to Hot Springs, and our second time to stay at Wildwood. We stayed 5 years ago, and my husband said it felt like everything was "freeze-dried", like time stood still since the last time we stayed at the house. We had the Rudyard Kipling room, and really enjoyed the safari theme, large jacuzzi tub, and comfy bed with down matress topper. Everything was clean and smelled fresh, especially the warm orange-vanilla scented candles burning throughout the house.

The innkeepers have private dwellings on the lowest floor, so the main and upper levels of the home are for the guests. We were alone for our two-night stay, and enjoyed use of the downstairs HDTV to watch movies, while munching on fresh-made brownies, cookies, and kettle corn from the snack room. Soft drinks, an ice machine, and bottled water were also available in the butler's pantry, and a barista-quality coffee maker was set up in the dining room, with a hot water tap also available for quite a selection of hot teas and cocoa.

Breakfast was INCREDIBLE! We had 4-course breakfasts each morning. My favorite was the strawberry-cheesecake muffins, while my husband could not get enough of the ham, bacon, cheese, and egg-stuffed croissants! There was also fresh fruit daily, a unique orange-cherry blended juice, and hot coffee/tea. My mouth is watering just thinking about it! Plate presentation was beautful, with each item skillfully arrranged on the china.

David and Rebecca are both lovely people, and gracious hosts. We felt like invited guests. Rebecca made excellent recommendations on dinner, and gave us a great tip about going to Sabai for a Couples Massage.

I HIGHLY recommend not only Hot Springs for a romantic getaway, but specifically Wildwood B&B. (And if I were you, I'd make sure to hit the German restaurant Brau Haus for some KILLER Jager Schnitzel while you are there!) We will definitely be back soon.

• Stayed December 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank MommyLovesLevi
Tyler, Texas
Reviewed 8 December 2009

My husband surprised me for our 5th anniversary with a weekend getaway at the Wildwood. David & Rebecca are so kind and professional. The breakfast is amazing.....come hungry! The staff of ladies are very sweet and accomodating. The history and stories about the home itself brings this gorgeous home alive.....we can not wait to return!!!!

• Stayed July 2009, travelled as a couple
Missouri
Reviewed 29 November 2009

This is THE BEST experience we have ever had at a B&B - and I'm a travel writer! The gorgeous home is saturated in history, that the owner graciously shares with a home tour after the decadent 3-course breakfast. Every room is a delight, and short of living here myself, I recommend this unforgettable gem to each and every person visiting Hot Springs.

Dry Prong, Louisiana
Reviewed 29 November 2009

This was the first and Bed and Breakfast that my husband or myself had ever stayed at before. We traveled from south Louisiana the morning after we were married for our honeymoon, not quite knowing what to expect. We called when we were close and told Rebecca (owner/in-keeper) that we were lost. She gave us directions, and as we drove up the hill, her husband David met us outside to greet us and let us know we were in the right place. He called us by our first names and made us feel so welcome and invited. After giving us a brief tour of the mansion, he showed us to our room, where we were met with candles lit, soft music playing, wine chilled, chocolates on the bed, rose petals EVERYWHERE, and a half dozen roses on the table. My husband is the MOST manly man you will EVER see, and he will tell you that it even took his breath away. I cried because I was so overcome with the emotion of it all. It was a fairy tale come true. The breakfasts were absolutely amazing ans so beautifully presented. I had to take pictures of the food and the place settings, because I had never seen such a thing. My husband and I didn't eat again until 8pm that night. And of the 4 nights we stayed, we didnt eat lunch at all, because breakfast was so delicious. Rebecca and David go waaaay above and beyond to make you feel special and welcome. My husband and I felt like we were leaving family behind when we went home. I know this review is long, but it doesn't even begin to say everything about this wonderful place and these wonderful people. They have given us memories that we will cherish forever, and a perfect start to a beautiful marriage. We will definately be back in the spring to revisit. If you want a truly memorable experience, visit the wildwood b&b. We are so grateful that we did.

Oklahoma
Reviewed 12 November 2009

My husband and I stayed at Wildwood for our 3rd Anniversary. We actually stayed in one of the suites instead of the main house, and it was extremely wonderful! The suite was cozy and romantic, we had everything we needed to stay in the whole weekend if we wanted. We also loved the tour of the main house and all the history. There is so much to do in Hot Springs and Rebecca took care of our entertainment, we also had spa time which was absolutely wonderful! We had a great time, it was almost a honeymoon for us! Can't wait until our next stay!

Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 2 November 2009

I've stayed in hundreds of hotels and maybe a dozen or so B&B's. This place is amazing. It is obvious that the owners care deeply for the comfort of their guests and the history of the home. Enjoy the stay!

• Stayed October 2009, travelled as a couple