“Couldn't ask for more!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
1884 Wildwood Bed and Breakfast Inn
Ranked #3 of 19 Hot Springs B&B and Inns
Mississippi
“Couldn't ask for more!”
Reviewed 28 September 2006

A friend and I picked Wildwood to stay for our first Girls' Weekend Get-A-Way. I have to say that I could not be more pleased with our choice.

This was my first stay at a bed & breakfast, and I can't imagine staying any where else for now on. We didn't want to leave! Rebecca was just amazing. She had a list of recommended places to eat and a map of the area waiting on us when we arrived. We stayed in the Blue Parlor Room, it had a cute balcony with a wooden porch swing that we spent alot of time on. There was chocolate mints on our pillows, 2 beautiful long stem roses, and a keepsake card about Wildwood as well. She called around and made reservations for us at the spa, because we had failed to do so before we arrived.

And the breakfast... oh I couldn't say enough about it! Rebecca is an amazing cook. Breakfast was probably my favorite part of the trip. All the guests had breakfast together, and it was a wonderful time to get to know everyone and hear about all the experiences they were having on their vacations. Oh, did I forget to mention the "Snack Room"??!! How could I!?! How wonderful is it to get greeted by the smell of fresh baked brownies and cookies as you pass through during the day. My friend and I stopped a few times during our stay.
Hot Springs was beautiful, and the spa was wonderful... but I would tell anyone that what truely made that weekend one to remember was Wildwood Bed & Breakfast. The home, the breakfast, the room, the history tour, it was just an amazing place to stay. We couldn't tell our husbands enough about it when we got home. And we both agreed we would be going back and taking the guys with us next time!
Thank you so much Rebecca and Dave for allowing visitors into your home. And to your mom for finding such a wonderful place!

Shelley
Brandon, MS

• Liked — I couldn't choose just one thing, it was to wonderful.
  • Tips/Secrets — When they say the hot springs water is "hot" when it comes out... they mean it!
  • Stayed July 2006, travelled with friends
21 Thank GirlsGetAWayPlanner

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (117)
Shreveport, Louisiana
Reviewed 8 September 2006

We just returned from our second stay at Wildwood. It was three incredibly relaxing days. From the time we walked in the door, we felt as if we were in our own home. When we walked into our room there were rose petals on the bed, candles lit, and soft music playing in the back ground. The rooms are so inviting and relaxing, and the only thing that can get you out of them in the morning is the incredible four course breakfast that is served each morning during your stay. You will not need to go anywhere to eat until dinner. I have been to a couple of bed and breakfast locations, but this one is one that my husband and I just keep coming back to because it is unlike any bed and breakfast we had been to before.

This time we brought my parents along, and they said it was the most relaxed they have been in a while. When we were leaving, after our third night there, my father was already trying to get my mother to commit to a date they could come back. They said that anyone who stays there has to go through the tour of the house, because the house just has so much more history that you would think.

One of the things that truly makes Wildwood stand out from any other bed and breakfast is the service. From the time you check in until the tim you drive out of the driveway, everything is taken care of. The staff not only takes care of the incredible breakfast, but also any tours, reservations for services and dinner reservations that you need during your stay.

The location is also perfect for staying in Hot Spring. It is right past the bath houses and downtown Hot Springs, so you are just minutes from shopping, the bath houses and wonderful restaurants.

• Liked — The service was incredible, you could not ask for more.
  • Disliked — There was nothing we would change.
  • Tips/Secrets — They book up early, so make reservations as far in advance as possible.
21 Thank lsuenvironmental
shreveport LA
Reviewed 30 August 2006

My husband and I have made several trips through the past year and plan on many more!! If you have not made your reservation to stay at the Wildwood---please do.

It is a beautiful victorian house that is completely restored and renovated to its original beauty. David, Rebecca, and Sasha are wonderful people and make the stay complete.
I really enjoy the different packages that have been put together by the Wildwood. I know there will be one just right for you, too!!

My advice would be to book 3 nights instead of 2. Once you have been to the 1884 Wildwood you will understand that 3 nights are just right to get the stress released and get your wheels of life back in line.

• Liked — Being able to stay in a beautiful Victorian Mansion.
  • Disliked — Nothing to dislike.
  • Tips/Secrets — Book 3 nights instead of 2.
21 Thank luvvictorianera
Shreveport, Louisiana
Reviewed 27 August 2006

My husband and I spent our second anniversary at Wildwood and can not imagine spending it anywhere else. Rebecca and David were very hospitable and Sasha was very helpful. The rooms were beautiful, the house completly unbelievable, and the breakfasts out of this world. Anyone who stays here will throughly enjoy the pampering you receive. My husband and I will definitly be going back!! Rebecca, David, and Sasha- thank you for making our weekend so memorable!

• Liked — What did I not like about it- loved everything!!
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Tips/Secrets — TAKE THE TOUR- you get a great history of the house
  • Stayed July 2006, travelled as a couple
19 Thank ladp0828
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 21 August 2006

My husband and I fell in love with Wildwood. From the second you walk in it is pure heaven. Every detail is meet!!! Our room was filled with rose petals, candles, and soft back ground music. It was the most romatice setting. The home was a true historical home and absolutely gorgeous. The tour of the home is 1st class and you grow to appreciate the home even more. The food was absolutely wonderful. And the snack bar area as well. The hospitality was beyond anyone's expectations. Rebecca, David, and the staff are the most wonderful people and really know how to treat their guests. We had never been to a B&B and can not wait to go back!!!! If you are looking for a relaxing or romantic getaway this is the place.

• Liked — EVERYTHING----FOOD,STAFF,ROOM, AND HOUSE WAS WONDERFUL
  • Disliked — HAD TO GO
  • Tips/Secrets — PACE YOUR SELF AT BREAKFAST....IT IS A LOT OF WONDERFUL FOOD!!!!!!
21 Thank SWEATHERBY
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
Reviewed 9 August 2006

I took a tour of Wildwood 1884 over thirty years ago when it was considered an historical site. It has stayed in my memory as one of the most beautiful and intriguing places I've ever visited and I was thrilled to discover that it is now a bed and breakfast. I couldn't book a room fast enough, but my thirteen-year-old son was not overjoyed at the prospect. After having bribed him with $15.00 a night, we arrived as the sun was setting behind Wildwood 1884's incredible facade. As we drove up the steep driveway, my son asked, "THIS is where we're staying? We don't deserve to stay here!" He ended up thoroughly enjoying himself...but that didn't stop him from taking the bribe. The public rooms downstairs, filled with period antiques and rich fabrics and textures, were even more beautiful than I remembered. Intricately carved and turned wood is my weakness and there were exquisite examples everywhere I turned. The bedrooms, each decorated differently, are an incredible value for the money. Our fabulous room, at only $139 a night, cost less than a basic chain hotel in our area and included a breakfast each morning that was beyond compare in taste and presentation. Every meal was like stepping back into a more elegant, gracious time. An optional tour of the house is offered after breakfast each day. As a museum professional, I have seen few tours presented as well as the one we were given by our host. My family and I are already planning a return visit for next year. With five rooms from which to choose, and four more becoming available within a year or so, we'll be back for many years to come!
Karen Corkern Babb

• Liked — The architecture
  • Disliked — That the stay wasn't long enough
  • Tips/Secrets — Get confirmation in writing ahead of time, if possible
  • Stayed August 2006, travelled with family
16 Thank KarenAdele
Houston, Texas
Reviewed 9 August 2006

This place was perfect for our small, 9 person, wedding! The WIldwood is beautiful, rich with history (as we learned in the included tour) and has been restored with amazing antiques. The rooms were everything we could have asked for. The staff is very helpful and nice and our wedding happened without any problems. The owner arranged the wedding, complete with a Justice of the Peace, cake (my request-chocolate!) sparkling wine and even took pictures for us.

We definitely recommend the Wildwood, for just an overnight or weekend stay- or a small wedding. We couldn't have picked a nicer place.
Sharon and Tracy