“Very Nice Stay” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #3 of 44 Hotels in Hot Springs
Monroeville, Pennsylvania
“Very Nice Stay”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 July 2013

My wife and I stayed here two nights while road tripping through the area. Overall found the property to be very nice. Asked far a room near the back, and it was always nice and quiet. Staff was very helpful with dining recommendations. The very best part ofthe stay with the breakfast, it had a little of everything - cereal, pasteries, hot items, fruit, yogurt, etc. Property is also right across from the casino (if interested in that) and not far from dining.

Would definintly recommend

Room Tip: Ask foraroom on the backside for a quieter stay.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
HSDude, Owner at BEST WESTERN Winners Circle, responded to this review, 14 July 2013
Dear RMabe_PA,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay with us and thank you for your kind words about our staff. We take pride in having a friendly and helpful hotel staff. Our breakfast as you mentioned is quite extensive, I'm happy you found it to your liking. I'm certainly glad that you enjoyed your stay and we hope that the next time you are in the Hot Springs area that you will stay with us once again.

Jim

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (138)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 July 2013 via mobile

We really enjoyed our stay. The staff was very friendly and knowledgable about the city. The breakfast was good. The beds were very comfortable even the pillows. It was centrally located so you are minutes away from everything. We was there the week of the Fourth of July and there was a fireworks display across the road at oak lawn and we got to sit on our balcony and watch.

Stayed July 2013
HSDude, Owner at BEST WESTERN Winners Circle, responded to this review, 9 July 2013
Dear lisareid1068,

Thank you for your business and your very kind words. I'm so happy that you enjoyed your stay. Our staff works hard to make everyone's stay as nice as possible and I'm glad you found them knowledgeable about the area. Those beds all have pillowtop mattresses and I'm glad that you liked the pillows as well. I'm happy you liked the HOT Breakfast Bar and the convenient location. Oh, and the fireworks display was ordered just for you!! (just j/k). I sure hope that if your travels bring you to Hot Springs in the future that you will stay with us once again.

Fort Smith, Arkansas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 July 2013 via mobile

Updated rooms and wonderfully comfortable bed (I you so not need or like a hard/firm mattress). Clean and well equipped. Perfect location in that it is across from Oaklawn, close, but not too close to downtown. Very friendly and helpful staff.

• Stayed July 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
HSDude, Owner at BEST WESTERN Winners Circle, responded to this review, 6 July 2013
Dear Psycho37F,

Thank you for your business, we know you have options. I'm very happy that you loved the location, the pillowtop mattresses on the beds, and our friendly staff. We try hard and we appreciate your kind words from your experience. If you are ever in Hot Springs again and find yourself needing lodging I hope that you will stay with us once again.

Fort Worth, Texas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 June 2013

I was rather disappointed with my stay at Best Western. The room smelled terrible! The room had a musky smell to the point I purchased room freshner and air spray. The air conditioning unt in the room did not have knobs so it was difficulty to easily adjust the room temperature. Also, the television in the room was able to pick up a signal showing a blue screen. The toilet in the bathroom would not flush and the water pressure was low. I nearly cancelled the reservation before even getting to the room because the attendents at the front desk were not very welcoming, nor helpful. Maybe it was the weather, but neither woman met my idea of "good customer service". The pool is small and was crowded the entire time I was there. I booked online and was quoted one rate but when I check in I found the rate quoted online was not what was charged. The one saving grace was the breakfast which consisted of eggs, waffles, cereal, sausage, biscuits and gravy, and various types of beverages. However, patrons are not allowed to take breakfast back to their rooms because "the food was for the guest of the hotel". If this is the method in which they try to prevent fraud, theft, whatever, then its a poor effort. People were streaming in and out of the food area and I didn't see any of the waitresses check to see if the people were actually registered at the hotel which makes the reason for not allowing the food to go out ridiculous! Overall, I rate the breakfast 4.5 out of 5, the room 2 out 5, price 4 out of 5, and the overall stay as 3 of of 5. I very disappointed with my stay at this Best Western.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else.
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
HSDude, Owner at BEST WESTERN Winners Circle, responded to this review, 2 July 2013
Dear PD W,

I want to thank you for your business and for your honest review. I am sorry that your stay did not only meet your expectations but did not exceed your expectations. Obviously, we have failed. I can assure you that steps are being taken to make sure this type experience doesn't happen again. Rest assured that your experience is not typical. I would like to ask that you if you are ever in the area again and need lodging to please give us another chance. We will be working hard to make sure you have the typical "Best" experience possible. Thanks, Jim
Tulsa
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 June 2013

We stayed her the weekend of June 21. The rooms were very nice, not fancy but nice. Rooms were clean. Location is across the street from Oaklawn. Very close to many eating places. Hot Springs is a very nice city with much to do.
We had a great time here. Only issue was being woke up by Harley Davidson group starting their motorcycles. Would be nice to isolate them to an area away from others. No complaining about the people on the bikes just the noise.
Breakfast was good and hot. Staff was great.

Room Tip: We would stay here again. Staff was great! No really bad sides on this location.
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
HSDude, Owner at BEST WESTERN Winners Circle, responded to this review, 26 June 2013
Dear ItMatters ToMe,

Love the name, It Matters To Me Too!!! Thank you for your recent stay with us and thank you for your review. Like I said, It Matters To Me...I appreciate your honest comments about your stay. I'm sorry about the motorcycle noise the next morning, but there are some things that are just out of my control. I'm glad you liked your room, the free hot breakfast buffet, property location, and all the things to do in Hot Springs. I'm trilled that you loved our staff, they really enjoy what they do. I truly hope that if you are ever in the area again and find yourself needing lodging that you will stay with us once again.

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 June 2013 via mobile

We have stayed at this hotel twice and been pleased both times. It's an older place but the rooms are fine. The hotel is clean. The staff is just as nice as can be and the breakfast is the best in town. The hotel is close to downtown and attractions. We will continue to stay here.

• Stayed June 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
HSDude, Owner at BEST WESTERN Winners Circle, responded to this review, 12 July 2013
Dear Tmbldb12,

Thank you for your business and thank you for your review of your stay with us. I'm very happy that you were pleased with your stay. We strive to make your stay perfect. I would hope that the next time you find yourself in the Hot Springs area and need lodging that you would stay with us once again.

Thanks again,

Cordova, Tennessee
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 June 2013

We stay at this hotel 3 or 4 times over the summer and it never disappoints. The staff is awesome and very friendly. The rooms are spacious, the beds are very comfortable and the bathrooms are nice. The breakfast is truly a HOT breakfast with a lot of variety to chose from. It's the perfect hotel to stay at when we visit Magic Springs.

Room Tip: the rooms closer to the office are a little bigger.
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
HSDude, Owner at BEST WESTERN Winners Circle, responded to this review, 15 June 2013
Dear TERRY M,

Thank you for your continued business and your very kind words. I'm so happy that you "LOVE staying here"!!! Our staff works hard to make everyone's stay as nice as possible. Those beds all have pillowtop mattresses and your are right---they are awesome to sleep on. I'm happy you like the variety on the HOT Breakfast Bar as well. I can't wait until you come back again!