“Do you like heatstroke, rooms reeking of cigarettes, and being short-sheeted?”

Motel 6 Hot Springs, AR
Ranked #39 of 45 Hotels in Hot Springs
Reviewed 13 July 2009

Then this place is for you!

We booked 2 rooms at this hotel through Hotwire for about $55 per night, and were automatically assigned a smoking room. The front desk attendant asked if we meant to book a smoking room, and when I told him 'no,' he assigned us one anyway. Why the carelessness? I had to go back to get that fixed, and when we did check into our rooms, the AC had been turned off all day, and the temperature outside was 100 degrees. It took at least 6 hours for the room to cool down.

And for some reason, they use sheets with really shallow pockets, so that as soon as you lie down, the sheets all come off the bed. All of us woke up every hour or so, tangled in sheets and sweating profusely.

And I wouldn't mind one insect, but these rooms had flies, beetles, and mosquitoes. The housekeeping left something to be desired too, with a squashed mosquito right under the sheets, and some mysterious brown splotches in the shower and on the wall of the bathroom.

My expectations are not exceptionally high for what I was told was a two-star hotel, but this was one of the most uncomfortable and unpleasant hotel stays I've ever had.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled with family

Reviewed 2 June 2009

We booked our stay on-line, and were told there would be a roll-away bed available since we have 5 children, none were available. We arrived after a long day at Magic Springs, hot and sweaty. We were asked if we prefer upstairs or down, we asked for down, but got a room upstairs. There were no towels and nothing but excuses for not having them. Finally I complained to the front desk lady that I wanted towels "now" at 9pm and she brought them within 10 minutes, only after my husband complained twice from 5:30 to 8:30. The room was hot upon arrival, so we decided to go to the pool, again, no towels. The sheets did not fit the bed and were coming off all night. The air conditioner was loud and turned on and off every 10 minutes which kept me awake for hours. There was a spider in the towels, and they smelled like cigarette smoke.

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 March 2009

We had a hard time finding the Inn, so we called their phone for 25 minutes straight while we drove around looking for it... with NO ANSWER!! The 'little girl' working the desk when we got there said it'd been ringing off the hook, but she couldn't answer ALL the calls! While we were in the office, it NEVER rang! (Obviously she didn't answer ANY of them... BECAUSE THEY WERE ALL ME!!! She told us the horse races were from 11 to 1... they were from 1 to 6!! We were charged $89 + all the taxes for a room that was OLD!! It stunk!! The bedspread had cigarette burns in it!! The carpet was DISGUSTING... so filthy I hated to walk on it wih bare feet!! The pillows had NO FILLING!! The glass sliding doors were so old/dirty/filmy that you couldn't see out them! The towels were so little and scratchy they wouldn't dry off a dog!! The toilet paper felt like sand paper!!!
The ONLY reason we stayed was because most of the hotels were full... and we were tired!! We will be really leary to ever stay in a Days Inn again!!

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 August 2008

Nasty: will never stay again, bugs everywhere. The railing on balcony was falling apart very dangerous, front desk people were very rude!!

The cleaning staff stood outside and stared at us as we came and left...stared!! To the point it was very uncomfortable, VERY rude. We felt they were watching us leave so they could go into our room after we were gone.

The whole place was dirty...with food wrappers left around edge of room and behind nightstand, sink leaked, shower had almost no pressure, the a/c stunk and was VERY loud, the bed frames were awkward and dangerous, tub wouldn't drain, door frame was broken from forced entry on lock, room had a musky smell especially after being cleaned, bathroom vent was noisy and barely worked....toilet ran continuously.

Continental breakfast coffee was cold(decaf), milk dispenser didn't work, everything was stale(thank goodness the microwave worked!

Only 1 ice machine worked, stair steps were cracking and loose, broken glass everywhere in parking lot, beer cans all over the yard.

Sharp broken edges on pool cut my baby's foot. The hot tub was too hot and the pool area poorly lit.

To top it all off the Wii Fii sucked, very hard to pick up the signal!

We stayed in this God Forsaken pit for 3 nights. We were in town for a funeral, not for fun. We already had enough to deal with due to the loss of our grandma....it sure would have been nice to come back to a clean, quiet room.

• Stayed: August 2008, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed 5 August 2008

I just returned home from hotsprings on this past Saturday. We stayed 3 nights there. The lobby of the hotel of was terribly hot and humid. The rooms were substandard, and that is a nice way to put it. There were spider webs inside and out of the room. The floors were filthy and the roomed smelled horrible. ROOM 240 The AC unit was so very loud that every time it turned on during the night it would wake me and my daughter up. The bathrooms room---one word-- gross, there was actually blood on the bathroom door and hair in the sink. I tried calling the front desk, but guess what-- no answer. So, I went and bought some bleach and cleaned the bathroom, from the toilet to the tub. My room was suppose to have a microwave, but the desk said there was none available. The sliding door that lead to the balcony wouldn't lock. And the only light that worked in the room was the sconce on the wall, the main light didn't work. They advertise a deluxe breakfast....I guess deluxe now days means stale bagels and muffins and bran cereal. Ive stayed in days inn before in different cities and was very pleased, but this hotel is by far the worst I've stayed in... I will never stay at this days inn again. Oh---And the hot tub---well it wasn't so hot!!! Actually, it was very COLD. The "cleaning ladies" would stare at me and my daughter every time we would walk out of the room...once it was so uncomfortable I actually asked the girl, who could only say "HOUSEKEEPING" in English, if there was something I could help her with. If your looking for a room----DONT PICK THIS PLACE

• Stayed: August 2008, travelled with family
Reviewed 22 March 2008

do not stay at days inn it had a good veiw on the internet of a peir and the lake easy acess but when we got there there was no peir no acess to lake in fact it did have a nice veiw but that was all no maid service had to call for towels but didn't have any only 2 towels in room i had husband and 2 grandchildren we did not stay in room much but could hear everything in next rooms it was ok but nothing what they had om their site was disappointed

• Stayed: March 2008, travelled with family
Reviewed 20 March 2008

We were unable to get a room available at our hotel of choice for the first night of our visit (March 15, 2008), so we thought one night at a lesser rated hotel nearby would be OK, or so we thought.

The TV remote was missing batteries, the TV was an off-brand 17" TV with the blue color out, so it showed everything in shades of red/yellow/brown. That did not matter so much because it only had local broadcast channels, no cable, no movies.

The plumbing is poorly designed, and I was nearly scalded in mid-shower as I lost all cold water several times during the shower.

The beds were not level, and the bed frames appeared to be homemade from unfinished 2x8's.

The room had a table, but only one chair, so we could not even use the table for a card game since the TV was so lousy.

It was not fit for even a one night stay.

At least the front desk personnel were nice and friendly, but that is about the only good thing I can say about this place.

We astonished by the fact that a newer motel in a such a nice location could be so bad.

• Stayed: March 2008, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)