“Good Value”

Ranked #38 of 45 Hotels in Hot Springs
Tulsa
“Good Value”
Reviewed 8 March 2010

Based on 2009 reviews, I was hesitant to book this hotel. However, it was a nice surprise. The room was freshly painted and very clean. Large private balcony that overlooked Lake Hamilton. We stayed in room 250 at the back of the property, and it was quiet. King mattress a little soft for my taste. Staff at front desk was really nice. Tiny continental breakfast. This is a great location if you like to stay out by the lake.

• Stayed March 2010, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
All Over
Reviewed 27 August 2009

I came up here one night in July for business. The hotel was an older hotel, so I expected a Days Inn not to be a Hilton. I don't know what the others have been complaining about, but this hotel is under new management and they are renovating the property. The hotel is on the south end of town off Central Ave, maybe out of the way for some but for me it offered a great secluded place away from all the hustle of the main town area. The hotel has a very nice out door pool. a bbq picnic area that I did not use since I was alone, but would have used it with family or friends. The hotel is very close to Lake Hamilton, and is very close to Hot Springs Mall.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled on business
ARKANSAS
Reviewed 13 August 2009

I have stayed at this palce first time with my family. The room was quite and comfortable. room was clean, pool was nice and the location near by lake. The staff were friendly and helpful. My kids love this place. there are major restaurants with in 2.5 mile and Hot Springs mall too.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled with family
Louisiana
Reviewed 28 July 2009

My Husband And I Went To Hot Springs As a honeymoon adventure. The Information on the internet wasnothing like the hotel was. When we got there, the guy at the front desk was really friendly but, the lobby was hot and smelly. It had so many flys we lost count. We asked for a nonsmoking room, but got a smoking room. After a three hour drive, I was tired and didn't feel like complaing. We could not call long distance on the phone, the walls were very dirty, the room had a bad smell, and the was no iron and ironing board in the room, but the clerk did bring one, but the cover on the ironing board was dirty too. The wall had a faded red hand print going down the wall, the matress was really dirty,and the carpet looked like it had not been vaccumed from the last guest. The bathroom had a coupleof spiders and flys. After seeing all of this, we refused to eat the free breakfast they offered. The housekeeper didn't speak any english, so she didn't understand much. We went to the store to buy some lysol to clean this room. I guess you get what you pay for, but no hotel should be in this condition. Our next trip to Hot Springs, will not include Days Inn. Totally disappointed.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank chas232008

Travellers are raving about these Hot Springs hotels

Dallas
Reviewed 13 July 2009

Then this place is for you!

We booked 2 rooms at this hotel through Hotwire for about $55 per night, and were automatically assigned a smoking room. The front desk attendant asked if we meant to book a smoking room, and when I told him 'no,' he assigned us one anyway. Why the carelessness? I had to go back to get that fixed, and when we did check into our rooms, the AC had been turned off all day, and the temperature outside was 100 degrees. It took at least 6 hours for the room to cool down.

And for some reason, they use sheets with really shallow pockets, so that as soon as you lie down, the sheets all come off the bed. All of us woke up every hour or so, tangled in sheets and sweating profusely.

And I wouldn't mind one insect, but these rooms had flies, beetles, and mosquitoes. The housekeeping left something to be desired too, with a squashed mosquito right under the sheets, and some mysterious brown splotches in the shower and on the wall of the bathroom.

My expectations are not exceptionally high for what I was told was a two-star hotel, but this was one of the most uncomfortable and unpleasant hotel stays I've ever had.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled with family
Oklahoma
Reviewed 2 June 2009

We booked our stay on-line, and were told there would be a roll-away bed available since we have 5 children, none were available. We arrived after a long day at Magic Springs, hot and sweaty. We were asked if we prefer upstairs or down, we asked for down, but got a room upstairs. There were no towels and nothing but excuses for not having them. Finally I complained to the front desk lady that I wanted towels "now" at 9pm and she brought them within 10 minutes, only after my husband complained twice from 5:30 to 8:30. The room was hot upon arrival, so we decided to go to the pool, again, no towels. The sheets did not fit the bed and were coming off all night. The air conditioner was loud and turned on and off every 10 minutes which kept me awake for hours. There was a spider in the towels, and they smelled like cigarette smoke.

• Stayed May 2009, travelled with family
southaven, MS
Reviewed 28 March 2009

We had a hard time finding the Inn, so we called their phone for 25 minutes straight while we drove around looking for it... with NO ANSWER!! The 'little girl' working the desk when we got there said it'd been ringing off the hook, but she couldn't answer ALL the calls! While we were in the office, it NEVER rang! (Obviously she didn't answer ANY of them... BECAUSE THEY WERE ALL ME!!! She told us the horse races were from 11 to 1... they were from 1 to 6!! We were charged $89 + all the taxes for a room that was OLD!! It stunk!! The bedspread had cigarette burns in it!! The carpet was DISGUSTING... so filthy I hated to walk on it wih bare feet!! The pillows had NO FILLING!! The glass sliding doors were so old/dirty/filmy that you couldn't see out them! The towels were so little and scratchy they wouldn't dry off a dog!! The toilet paper felt like sand paper!!!
The ONLY reason we stayed was because most of the hotels were full... and we were tired!! We will be really leary to ever stay in a Days Inn again!!

• Stayed March 2009, travelled as a couple